PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Bush regering wanhopig: 57jarige Vietnamveteraan opgeroepen voor dienst

Spoetnik
17-08-04, 16:10
57-year-old veteran called for duty
August 14,2004

McALLEN — He’s 57 years old, afflicted with skin cancer, partially deaf and suffers from high blood pressure. But the U.S. Army still wants Master Sgt. Luis Jaime Treviño.

On July 14, the Vietnam and Desert Storm veteran received his third order to report to active duty — mobilized for Operation Iraqi Freedom.

"I was very shocked," Treviño said, a member of the Army’s Individual Ready Reserve. IRRs are not part of a reserve unit, do not get paid and do not attend monthly reserve training. However, because of critical skills they possess, they can be recalled to duty if needed.

In disbelief, he called the Army hotline listed on his orders.

"Am I reading this thing right? At my age you still want me?" he asked.

But there was no mistake. Treviño is to report to a mobilization unit Sept. 15 at Fort Jackson, S.C. "If I do not execute these orders, I go to jail," he said.

(...)
http://fairuse.1accesshost.com/news2/monitor1.htm

Het Imperiale leger begint scheuren te vertonen.

dicksr
17-08-04, 17:54
Geplaatst door Spoetnik
57-year-old veteran called for duty
August 14,2004

McALLEN — He’s 57 years old, afflicted with skin cancer, partially deaf and suffers from high blood pressure. But the U.S. Army still wants Master Sgt. Luis Jaime Treviño.

On July 14,

Let op! Dit is een belangrijke datum. Is dit opnieuw het begin van de revolutie?
dicksr