PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Straf voor lerares na seks met leerling

S@deeQ
10-11-04, 12:18
Straf voor lerares na seks met leerling

Uitgegeven: 10 november 2004 12:11

SYDNEY - Een Australische lerares is door een rechtbank in Sydney dinsdag veroordeeld tot 22 maanden gevangenisstraf omdat ze een affaire had met een 15-jarige leerling. De moeder van drie kinderen bekende schuldig te zijn aan seks met een minderjarige.

Het schandaal komt slechts drie maanden na een andere opzienbarende zaak in Australië. Hier ging het om een tennisleraar die een seksuele relatie had met een 14-jarig meisje. De man werd tot 42 maanden cel veroordeeld.

De strafmaat voor de lerares is voor de president van de Australische belangenvereniging voor slachtoffers te laag uitgevallen. "Het is een schande. Schijnbaar wordt de wet aangepast aan het geslacht van de dader", aldus de voorzitter.

ZwYgStErr
10-11-04, 14:56
Je was me net voor.

Vrouwen en mannen gelijk, toch? :vreemd:

En er wordt nix vermeld over de leerling, deed hij/zij het 'vrijwillig' of niet?

S@deeQ
10-11-04, 15:02
Geplaatst door ZwYgStErr

En er wordt nix vermeld over de leerling, deed hij/zij het 'vrijwillig' of niet?

wat maakt dat nou uit , ik zou het in beide gevallen geen probleem hebben gevonden :ergleuk:

mark61
10-11-04, 15:04
Geplaatst door ZwYgStErr
Je was me net voor.

Vrouwen en mannen gelijk, toch? :vreemd:

Misschien dat de leeftijd van de 'slachtoffers' ook meetelde. In veel landen gelden minimumleeftijden voor seks die voor jongen en meisje verschillen.

Vrouwen en mannen gelijk, dat is een ideaal. Maar helaas geen werkelijkheid. Vooral niet in relaties.

nl-x
10-11-04, 15:08
Er staat niet bij vermeld hoe oud de docente is. Lijkt me wel erg interessant.

mark61
10-11-04, 15:31
Teacher who had sex with student avoids jail
November 11, 2004

A woman teacher avoided a jail term yesterday after pleading guilty to a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy.

As she left the Victorian County Court, Karen Louise Ellis, a 37-year-old mother of three, said: "I got exactly what I deserved."

Ellis had earlier pleaded guilty to six counts of sexual penetration with a boy under 16.

Judge John Smallwood sentenced her to 22 months in jail but wholly suspended the term for three years.

The former Melbourne physical education teacher had repeated sex with the boy at her North Eltham home while her husband was away in October and November last year.

The boy's mother contacted police after seeing Ellis and her son "looking like husband and wife" as they left their school in the teacher's car.

Judge Smallwood said the case against Ellis was "greatly different" to the recent case concerning high-profile tennis coach Gavin Hopper, who in August was jailed for more than two years for his affair with an underage schoolgirl in the 1980s.

Indeed, the Crown had not suggested the circumstances surrounding the two cases were similar nor that any comparison should be made, he said.

[voor ZwYgStErr:]

Hopper's relationship with his victim began when she was 14 and stretched over two years.

Hopper denied the charges from the outset and at the trial, the victim was called "either a liar or mad or both".

The trial judge found Hopper had shown no remorse and the victim had suffered greatly.

"Those factors do not exist in this particular situation to anything like the extent they occurred in Hopper and it's my view that in circumstances such as these comparisons are very dangerous," he said.

Declaring a degree of mercy appropriate, he told Ellis: "The fallout from your criminal conduct has been enormous."

She would never teach again, her reputation had been destroyed and she had been subjected to public ridicule.

She was now regarded as a serious sexual offender and her name would go on the sexual offenders' register.

But a victims-of-crime lobby group said the decision not to jail Ellis was a disgrace and revealed gender bias in the justice system.

The president of the Crime Victims Association, Noel McNamara, said: "It appears we have one law for one gender and one law for another gender according to the justice system.

It was "pretty disgusting" there was such a disparity in two sentences handed down from the bench, and the decision sent the wrong message to victims. "I feel for the boy and his mother," he said. "She has to be concerned that it appears justice is different for her because it was a boy."

The president of the Australian Council of State School Organisations, Judith Bundy, said there needed to be consistency in sentencing: "I think it will be a concern for parents," Ms Bundy said. "It's a very difficult issue and people get very emotional."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Teacher-who-had-sex-with-student-avoids-jail/2004/11/10/1100021883331.html?oneclick=true