PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : het belangrijkste wapen

mohammmad
05-12-04, 23:33
Zionists Use Media as a Weapon

By As'ad Abdul Rahman

December 5, 2004

Gulf News, December 4, 2004

I don't know something called international principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child that will be born in this area … I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian, I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him.

With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian woman is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do," said Ariel Sharon in an interview with General Ouze, Merham, 1956.

How could such a blatant and racial utterance go hardly noticed while Palestinians are portrayed as a people fed on a doctrine of hate for all Jews? The answer of course lies in the power of the mass media and the omnipotent Zionist propaganda machine.

Single voice

No one in history ever disposed a power even remotely approaching that of the few dozen tycoons who dominate America's mass media.

Many forms of media television, radio, newspapers, magazines, books and motion pictures speak with a single voice. Despite the appearance of variety, there are very few of real dissent and meagre alternative sources of facts or ideas.

At the risk of being labelled (as many others are) "anti-Semitic', they portray a world in which Jews are the cornerstone of humanity, that Israel has to be accepted as an established fact, that resisting Zionism is anti-Semitic and that Israel's mass murders and atrocities are "legitimate self defence".

According to a comprehensive study by Karim Mardam-Bey, in television, virtually all TV news broadcasts in the United States are gathered, filmed and put on the air by just three companies. American Broadcasting Company (ABC), Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) and National Broadcasting Company (NBC). Each one of these three giants is owned and managed by a Jew.

Although the successful cable-TV News Network (CNN) was built and is currently owned by a "Gentile" (Ted Turner), he is known not to have taken public positions contrary to Jewish interests.

Equally important is the television entertainment divisions in the three media conglomerates. The chief CEO's in the three divisions are Jews.

Television entertainment is even more decisive in determining the way Americans think. The big three TV networks not only have a virtual monopoly, they account for most of the commercial network radio broadcasting as well.

After television, newspapers are the most influential mass media. According to the above-mentioned study, there are more than 1,640 daily publications in America of which only a quarter are independently owned, while the rest belong to multi-news paper chains, such as the New House media empire owned by a Jew.

Newspapers not owned and directly managed by Jews are thoroughly dependent upon Jewish advertisement revenues; thus their editorials and news reporting policies are almost in conformity with Jewish likes and dislikes. The ability of the Jews to use the press as an unopposed instrument of Jewish policy could hardly be better illustrated than by the examples of America's three most prestigious and influential newspapers: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.

These newspapers set the trends and the guidelines for nearly all others. All three newspapers are in Jewish hands.

Moreover, America's most influential weekly magazines: Time with a weekly circulation of 4.1 million, Newsweek, with a weekly circulation of 3.2 million and US News and World Reports with a weekly circulation of roughly 2.3 million.

Special significance

All three are also owned by Jews. Among the giant publishing conglomerates, three of the six largest book publishers are owned or controlled by Jews. Another publisher of special significance is Western publishing.

Although it ranks only 13th in size among all US publishers, it ranks first among publishers of children's books with 50 per cent of the market. Its chairman and CEO is a Jew.

The Jews constitute only 2.8 per cent of America's total population. But nearly all the people who shape young Americans' concepts of reality, of good and evil, of permissible and impermissible behaviour, are Jews. The Jewish control of media gives them a decisive influence on the political systems and virtual control of the US government.

No wonder then that Israeli atrocities are downplayed and often overlooked while Palestinian acts of resistance are exaggerated and dubbed as an indiscriminate acts of senseless "terror".

Professor As'ad Abdul Rahman is the Chairman of the Palestinian Encyclopaedia, former member of the PLO executive committee.