PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Saddam in an exclusive interview

DEMOcraat
30-12-04, 18:44
28/12/2004
Sonia s-babnet

It's an interview published in Egyptian magazine "al ousboua" (the week ) by its editor Mustapha bakri in which Mr Douleïmi the defence lawyer of saddam gives details about his four-and-a-half hour meeting with Saddam Hussein .
In his first interview since his arrest, Iraqi president Saddam Husseïn expressed to his lawyer Khalil Douleïmi his confidence in Resistance.
Saddam, as describes by Douleïmi is in good health, serene and was convinced that Bush will leave Iraq by the small door.
Saddam started the interview by reciting poetry with the great astonishment of Douleïmi who asked him whether this poetry were his.
Saddam: Yes, it is mine, I wrote it inside the prison. The prison cannot break the determination of an Arab militant
Douleïmi: Mr. President, I am the representative of the Committee of defense. Do you have something to say to me?
Saddam:I want to know first what was the effect of my first appearance before the court.
Douleïmi: It had a great effect on the Arab and Iraqi public opinion. According to everyone’s opinion, it was not your judgement, but of those who claim to judge you.
Saddam:This court is not legal, it is the product of the occupation (...), it is a ridiculous scene setting (...). The Americans came to Iraq to destroy the Iraqi State and all the other assertions of Bush are only one pure lie.
Douleïmi: Claims of Bush were all untrue. This is in your favour
Saddam:When we said that Iraq did not have weapons of massive destruction it was the truth. For that we opened the ground of Iraq to the inspectors. We wanted to show to the whole world that we want to cooperate. But, alas, the United States made "fi" of all that and occupied Iraq without legal proof.
Douleïmi: In this context, there are remarks of Kofi Annan who said that this occupation is illegal.
Saddam:This is something important , it is necessary to keep it for the History. Kofi Annan cannot take any more of the American lies. If God wants it, Bush will be lonely after the whole world will know that he is a liar. He will leave Iraq by the small door because Iraqi Resistance is well prepared. It was prepared quite ahead of war. I had joined together the military and political commands and we had prepared this new page of the war against the Americans. What arrives today is not the fruit of chance.
Douleïmi: President Saddam Hussein questioned me on the manner with which the media treated the Iraqi question. I spoke to him about three models in fact Mustapha Bakri, editor of "Al Ousboû" (the Week), of Abdelbari Atwan, editor of "Al Qods Al Arabi" and Fahd Al Rimawi, editor of "Al Majd" of Jordan.
Saddam:Mustapha Bakri is a good person, he never changes position and I would like you to transmit my greetings to him.
Abdelbari Atwan is also very courageous person like Fahd Rimawi. And do not forget to transmit my consideration to George Gallaway who did everything to defend Iraq, to Ramsee Clark, Mahatir Mohamed, Nelson Mandela and all the free Arabs. You say to them that Saddam is imperturbable and optimistic and that he is convinced that the victory is close. I am afraid for Syria. Like Iraq, this country is in the collimator. Moreover, I repeated on several occasions that the whole Arab Nation is aimed. It is a crusade, a racist war which aims the Arabs and Islam at the same time.
For this reason they were baited on Iraq, this country with the long civilization. It would be said that they want to be avenged. They conspired against the legitimate regime of Iraq and monopolized the power by the force. And if they still remain in Iraq, it is that their objective is other than the inversion of Saddam regime.
Douleïmi: He asked me if they conduct ed an attack against Falloujah again? I answered by the assertion. He counteracted:
Saddam:I was sure, Falloujah will never surrender. I know what Resistance is capable in this city. The majority of the commanders of Resistance are old Al Qods army. They are highly trained.
Douleïmi: He asked me about Intifadha. I said that it‘s going well. But I avoided speaking to him about the death of Arafat.
Saddam:The Palestinians are determined, may God bless them.
Douleïmi: I questioned the president on which way he have been captured all while telling him the various versions.
Saddam:When it is a question of making lies, they are very strong. I was sure that they were going to do everything to humiliate me in front of my people. What they showed is not other than a film of cow servant boy and bad invoice in addition. Reality it is that I was with a friend in the locality of Saleheddine. It was at the end of the day and I was reading Coran. When I rose to make the prayer, I suddenly was surprised by Americans who besieged me. I was without weapon, and could not defend myself. I was then imprisoned and I was wildly tortured during the first and the second day. But, for all to say to you, I do not know if it is my friend who betrayed me, or, if it were the subject of pressures.

Copyright © 2004, babnet Tunisia