PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : De ene z'n dood ...

Wide-O
08-07-05, 13:19
Hotels 'cash in' on bomb attacks

Thousands of commuters chose to walk for hours to reach home

Hundreds of commuters spent Thursday night stranded in London and some have accused hoteliers of cashing in on the crisis in the capital.

Prices at a number of London's hotels increased by more than double on Thursday night, the BBC has learned.

Lastminute.com was warning customers about the price rises two hours after the first blast.

A Trading Standards Institute spokesman said profiteering after an act of terrorism was reprehensible.

With the transport networks down and no way of returning home, one businessman from Manchester told the BBC he had paid £250 for an £80 room.

Leve de mensheid :loens:

David
08-07-05, 13:20
Geplaatst door Wide-O

Driewerf hoera.

~Panthera~
08-07-05, 13:21
Geplaatst door Wide-O

Hundreds of commuters spent Thursday night stranded in London and some have accused hoteliers of cashing in on the crisis in the capital.

Prices at a number of London's hotels increased by more than double on Thursday night, the BBC has learned.

Lastminute.com was warning customers about the price rises two hours after the first blast.

A Trading Standards Institute spokesman said profiteering after an act of terrorism was reprehensible.

With the transport networks down and no way of returning home, one businessman from Manchester told the BBC he had paid £250 for an £80 room.

:kotsen:

duende
08-07-05, 13:24
Geplaatst door Wide-O

Ther's a pimp born every second.

nl-x
08-07-05, 14:08
Wat is er nou weer mis met een beetje op straat slapen ? :ego:

Wide-O
08-07-05, 16:15
Geplaatst door nl-x
Wat is er nou weer mis met een beetje op straat slapen ? :ego:

Nix, maar dan zou je ook vast weer iemand vinden die z'n stukje stoep gaat onderverhuren :watte?:

Wide-O
09-07-05, 10:00
Antwoord van een hoteluitbater in London:

LOL@this thread, full of factual information. NOT!!

Im a hotelier. What do you want me to do turn it away? or give it away cheaper?

I can imagine it now, get real! , Im sure all my regular clients would appreciate that.

This has been totally over exagerated, a lot of hotels have a rack rate (The highest available rate we can charge) this has to be displayed, if hotels were charging above this rate then throw the book at them, and pass there details on to trading standards. Thats what it is there for.

For Last Minute to say they have doubled the price is quite believable, companies like Last Minute, and Active Hotels, are used by us to sell are cheaper rooms, supply gets stronger rate goes up, our system is set up that way to automatically do this, to be honest I didnt give it a 2nd thought.

On the flip side, I doubt you will be worried about the amount of revenue the London Hotels will loose this weekend!

Swings and roundabouts.