PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Saddam's Novel: "Get Out, Damned One"

tr_imparator
17-09-05, 19:31
09.17.2005 Saturday - ISTANBUL 21:18

Saddam's Novel

The overthrown Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's recent novel, "Get Out, Damned One", is available in Turkish now. The novel that became bestseller in the Middle East was published by "Akis Kitap" a few days ago.

Well, why did Saddam write this novel? The US was counting down days to attack Iraq by the first half of March 2003; however, Saddam was busy with a different task in those days. While the US put him on the target, Saddam was trying to complete his novel.

The Iraqi Information Ministry received the novel first.

The unforgettable former Iraqi Minister of Information [Saeed] al-Sahaf, who has been accepted as the greatest humorist charisma of the recent period, put his signature on the book, "Press, please!"

There was no sign of the book for a while. There was not even a single copy to be found after the overthrow of Bagdat (Baghdad). It was later realized this single copy was expanded. Upon the Jordanian newspaper Miraya's achievement of maintaing one of the rare copies, Saddam's novel was sold like a piece of cake.

Saddam, who wrote his book on the struggle between the good and the bad, made references to the recent incidents that occurred in the region. Salim, representing the Arabs, unites Arab tribes to overcome Haskil, who symbolizes the Jews, and defeats the enemies. There is also a character who represents the US and is an ally of Haskil.

The name of the book makes me smile everytime I recall it…

The subtle irony in the title "Get out, Damned One" cannot be explained; it has to be experienced. I think al-Sahaf may have dominated this novel because the title is very appropriate for al-Sahaf's style.

Al-Sahaf's remarks cannot be easily forgotten: "Imperialist mules; we nailed them in the airport; clown caps; we allow the depressed to wonder in the desert…"

Al-Sahaf was a phenomenon. It was said, "He will perform a show program and become a TV star;" however, he retreated from the market early.

The most tragicomic actor of the film US shot in Iraq titled, "What did you do in the war, dad?" was not only al-Sahaf, of course.

Who else? It was Colin Powell. In a TV program former US Secretary of State, who told the United Nations that Saddam Hussein was concealing weapons of mass destruction (WMD), conceded the assertion will always be a "painful blot" on his record.

How many confessions did Powell make about WMD's; I stopped counting! This was, however, the most dramatic one.

Powell emphasizing that he made an unreal presentation in the UN by trusting the information from the Central Intelligence Agency. He knew there was not any WMD in Iraq before cartooning in the UN. During his preparation before his presentation on February 2003, Powell furiously threw "proofs" handled to him to the face of officials and shouted, "Shall I read these absurdities?" (US News and World Report Magazines, 2 June 2003).

I am not sure whether Powell, who lost the intra-cabinet war under the siege of neo-cons and who will carry the WMP blot throughout his entire life, will one day write a memoir composed of his confessions on Iraq.

In contrast to this, Saddam should continue to write books; however, this time he should write a "political memoir". Its title is almost definite, "Once Upon a Time, I was the Most Esteemed Man of the US in the Region!"

Meanwhile, although there is no Saddam, torture in Iraq continues. I am talking about the torture in police stations, taking for example Abu Ghraib. "We know such things occur," said a government spokesperson in Bagdat ( Baghdad) with an extreme indifference.

Iraq is gradually becoming freer and further from the torture of Saddam’s period and the unaccounted lives of hundreds and thousands of civilians.

September 16, 2005

Oeroeboeroe
17-09-05, 20:52
http://www.artsmarket.co.uk/Mohammed%20Saeed%20al-Sahaf/al-Sahaf%20-reading-news.jpg

Al Zarkawi's novel

The souvereign and duely elected Iraqi President, his eminence mister Al Zarkawi, wrote a novel recently, named "Life and loves of a ghostwriter". The book will soon be available in Turkish. The novel that became a bestseller in the Middle East, without the western world noticing, was published by "Akis Kitap" a few days ago.

Well, why did Al Zarkawi write this novel? The US was counting down days to attack Iraq a 58th time by the first half of september 2005; however, President Al Zarkawi was busy with a different task in those days. While the US put him on the target, Al Zarkawi was trying to complete his novel.

The Iraqi Marine Ministry received the novel first.

The unforgettable former Iraqi Minister of Marine, Saddam Hussain, who has been accepted as the greatest humorist charisma of the recent period, put his signature on the book: "Water, please!".

There was no sign of the book for a while. There was not even a single copy to be found after the overthrow of Bagdat (Baghdad) police. It was later realized this single copy was expanded. Upon the Jordanian newspaper Miraya's achievement of maintaing one of the rare copies, President Al Zarkawi's novel was sold like a piece of bakhlava.

President Al Zarkawi, who wrote his book on the struggle between the good and the bad, made references to the recent incidents that occurred in the region. Al Sawt, representing the Arabs, unites Arab tribes to overcome Tafey Lewis, who symbolizes the Jews, and defeats the enemies. There is also a character who represents the US and is an ally of Tafey. This character is called "Ronald McDonald".

The name of the book makes me smile everytime I recall it…

The subtle irony in the title "Life and loves of a ghostwriter" cannot be explained; it has to be experienced. I think the former Minister of Marine may have dominated this novel because the title is very appropriate for Hussains style.

Hussains remarks cannot be easily forgotten: "Imperialist mules; if only we nailed them in the airport; clown caves; we allow the depressed to wonder in the hills…"

Saddam Hussain was a phenomenon. It was said, "He will perform a show program and become a TV star;" however, he retreated from the market early, after being shaved on nationwide camera on prime time.

The most tragicomic actor of the film the US shot in Iraq recently, titled, "What will you do in the war, dad?" was not only Saddam, of course.

Who else? It was Zwarte Schaap. In a TV program the former US embassy-officer in the Netherlands, who told the United Nations that Saddam Hussein was not concealing weapons of mass destruction (WMD) at all, conceded this will always be a "nice prik" on his record.

How many denials did Schaap make about WMD's? I stopped counting! This was, however, the most dramatic one.

Zwarte Schaap emphasizing that he made a "not so funny at all, gozertje"- presentation in the UN by not trusting the information from the Central Intelligence Agency. He knew there was not any WMD in Iraq before cartooning in the UN. During his preparation before his presentation on February 2003, Schaap furiously threw "proofs" handled to him to the face of officials and shouted, "Shall I read these absurdities?" (US News and World Report Magazines, 2 June 2003).

I am not sure whether Zwarte Schaap, who won the intra-cabinet war with neo-con Rita Verdonk and who will carry the WMD-case throughout his entire life, will one day write a memoir composed of his "confessions" on Iraq.

In contrast to this, President Al Zarkawi should continue to write books; however, this time he should write a "political memoir". Its title is almost definite, "Once Upon a Time, I was the Most Esteemed Man of the US in the Region!".

Meanwhile, although there is no Saddam in Iraq anymore, Marine in Iraq continues. I am talking about the pissing people off in police stations, taking for example Abu Ghraib. "We know such things occur," said a government spokesperson in Bagdat (Baghdad) with an extreme indifference.

Iraq is gradually becoming violenter and getting further away from the perception of a civilised state, counting dead bodies of hundreds and thousands of civilians every month.

September 17, 2005

sjaen
17-09-05, 22:08
Wat een gegoochel hierboven.

Bodemline
Saddam en Bush speelden Poker en Saddam speelde blufpoker en Bush wist het.
Inzet: Olie
Slachtoffers: Het Iraakse volk

Oeroeboeroe
18-09-05, 02:57
*Van Uppensteijn* :jeweetog: