PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Kerk van Engeland: Britse volk moet excuses aanbieden aan Iraakse volk

Spoetnik
20-09-05, 16:57
'Brits must apologise for Iraq war'

The British public should apologise for the war in Iraq because the government has failed to do so, a report by the Church of England says.

The document calls for a "truth and reconciliation" meeting with Muslim groups in which church leaders can publicly acknowledge the West's responsibility for the country's descent into anarchy.

It says the apology would be a "public act of institutional repentance" on behalf of all those in Britain who did not support the war.

The report, entitled Countering Terrorism-Power, Violence and Democracy-Post 9/11, was written by a working-group within the policy-forming House of Bishops, and was headed by the Bishop of Oxford, the Rt Rev Richard Harries.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1236158.cms

DeStorthoop
20-09-05, 17:41
Op zich een nobel intitatief, maar het lijkt me dat het een beetje raar overkomt op de Irakezen. Een beetje net als die reclame van die mannen die een kast van een balkon op iemand's hoofd gooien en dan roepen: "Sorry hoor."

Zonder excuses van de britse regering lijkt het me niet veel voorstellen. Met excuses van de britse regering lijkt het me too little too late.