PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : maids in qatar hebben een fijn leven

Mark
24-11-05, 09:30
Sponsor’s wife assaults maid
Web posted at: 11/24/2005 4:5:53
Source ::: The Peninsula
Paramedics giving water and first aid to the injured maid at the Indian embassy premises here yesterday as second secretary Ramesh Chandra (second left) and Basheer, his assistant, look on.
Doha: An Indian maid came to her country’s embassy here yesterday bleeding and complaining that she was battered by her sponsor’s wife, who is also an Indian holding a Qatari passport.

Embassy officials immediately called in emergency medical services for an ambulance, which arrived in 15 minutes. The maid was given first aid by paramedics and taken into the ambulance.

The mission took the statement of the maid and said once the medical report was obtained, a police complaint would be lodged. But the maid’s employers had already lodged a police complaint alleging that she had injured her right hand wth a piece of broken glass and hit a child while leaving the house.

“We will lodge a counter complaint because it is highly unlikely that this woman would injure herself. Her knees are also broken,” said a senior embassy official in remarks to this newspaper.
Aruna

The maid gave her name as Mammu. Married and with children, she comes from Chennai in Tamil Nadu and arrived in Doha only five months ago. She was hired for QR400 a month.

She said that while her sponsor was a Qatari, his wife was from Kerala in India and held a Qatari passport. The woman, she said, doubted that her husband had developed a liking for her and may marry her.

“She was jealous and mistreated me,” said the maid. The woman and her mother (who is currently staying with her) were looking for an excuse and yesterday they got together and battered her badly, she said.

The maid’s right hand was bleeding. Embassy officials made her sit in a room comfortably and tried to console her getting a staff member to speak to her in her native language Tamil.

“I don’t want to go back home since I am supporting my family from here,” the maid said. “We will wait for the medical report and subsequently inform Qatar’s foreign office and the human rights committee,” said Ramesh Chandra, second secretary.

While the maid was being attended to by mission officials, efforts were being made to make another maid eat something as she had come complaining that she was beaten up by her sponsor’s sons and was hungry for days. “We feel extremely sad since she is not able to gulp anything down her throat. There is some serious physical problem with her,” said a mission official.

The maid, Aruna, who comes from Andhra Pradesh, and said she was employed here for four years and her sponsor is an old Qatari woman. She has many sons and they beat her up regularly.

“Today (yesterday), one of them broke into my room through the window and bashed me up,” she said. Aruna is married and has children and wants to go home. She said she had not been paid salary (QR400) for the past 18 months.

Mark
24-11-05, 09:31
ps ik zag net dat het ministerie van justitie in doha in de fik stond :student:

TonH
25-11-05, 00:31
Geplaatst door Mark
ps ik zag net dat het ministerie van justitie in doha in de fik stond :student:

Wordt hier kennelijk niet als nieuws ervaren. :D

BTW... IS het wat, zo'n brand daar?

Jane Doe
25-11-05, 00:36
Geplaatst door TonH