PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Is de VS een terroristenstaat?

el_mli
27-01-06, 21:43
Wat maakt de VS in moreel opzicht beter dan Osama bin Laden?

"A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but doesn't have an air force."
William Blum

"From 1945 to 2003, the United States attempted to overthrow more than 40 foreign governments, and to crush more than 30 populist-nationalist movements fighting against intolerable regimes. In the process, the US bombed some 25 countries, caused the end of life for several million people, and condemned many millions more to a life of agony and despair."
William Blum

"The crimes of the U.S. throughout the world have been systematic, constant, clinical, remorseless, and fully documented but nobody talks about them."
Harold Pinter

"[Genocide] certainly is a valid word in my view, when you have a situation where we see thousands of deaths per month, a possible total of I million to 1.5 million over the last nine years. If that is not genocide, then I don't know quite what is."
Denis Halliday, former UN humanitarian coordinator - on effect of US sanctions on Iraqi people

" When I visited Auschwitz I was horrified. And when I visited Iraq, I thought to myself, 'What will we tell our children in fifty years when they ask what we did when the people in Iraq were dying.' "
Mairead McGuire, Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Northern Ireland on the US sanctions

The six million people the CIA has helped to kill are people of the Mitumba Mountains of the Congo, the jungles of Southeast Asia, and the hills of northern Nicaragua. They are people without ICBMs or armies or navies, incapable of doing physical damage to the United States the 22,000 killed in Nicaragua, for example, are not Russians; they are not Cuban soldiers or advisors; they are not even mostly Sandinistas. A majority are rag-poor peasants, including large numbers of women and children. Communists? Hardly, since the dead Nicaraguans are predominantly Roman Catholics. Enemies of the United States? That description doesn't fit either, because the thousands of witnesses who have lived in Nicaraguan villages with the people since 1979 testify that the Nicaraguans are the warmest people on the face of the earth, that they love people from the United States, and they simply cannot understand why our leaders would want to spend $1 billion on a contra force designed to murder people and wreck the country."
John Stockwell, former CIA official and author

"For the third time in the last hundred years, the U.S. has invaded and occupied Haiti. Working behind the scenes, the U.S. conducted a destabilization campaign aimed at toppling the government of Jean-Bertrand Aristide. This is a message to the rest of the region: If you don't obey, the U.S. will impose sanctions, overthrow your government, install a client regime, and support death squads to crush any resistance."
Ashley Smith

"The U.S. record of war crimes has been, from the nineteenth century to the present, a largely invisible one, with no government, no political leaders, no military officials, no lower-level operatives held accountable for criminal actions... Anyone challenging this mythology is quickly marginalized, branded a traitor or Communist or terrorist or simply a lunatic beyond the pale of reasonable discussion."
Carl Boggs

Sallahddin
28-01-06, 11:46
Read the controversial(in the 50's!) book of Nobel prize winner Albert Camus:L'homme Revolte' (in french),the revolted man about the concept of revolution ,its history & the ideologies of the 18th century built on that human concept that led to the terrible consequences we know(Nazisme "inspired "of Nietzshe) & others, which legitimised murder & led to terrorist & policestates......
The book is very prophetical & actual :it would make you understand the world of today...

The US fit the profile of a terrorist state...History teach us that the oppressed will rise & overcome the oppressor somehow...
The US won't last very long if it doesn't learn from the past & change its foreign policies & principles...