PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Boodschap Deense premier op Arabische satellietzender

Coolassprov MC
07-02-06, 19:44
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=77404

"I have a very important message for you: the Danish people have defended freedom of expression and religious freedom for generations. We deeply respect all religions including Islam and it is important for me to tell you that the Danish people have no intention to offend Muslims.

"On the contrary we will do our utmost to continue our historic tradition of dialogue and mutual respect. And therefore I am deeply distressed that many Muslims have seen the drawings in a Danish newspaper as a defamation of the Prophet Mohammed," Rasmussen said.

The Danish leader said he would do his "utmost to solve that problem" and noted that the Danish newspaper had already apologized for the offence caused by the drawings.

But Rasmussen defended his country's tradition of freedom, saying, "We have a free press and this freedom of expression is a vital and indispensable part of our democracy and this is the reason why I cannot control what is published in the media.

"But on the other hand neither the Danish government nor the Danish people can be held responsible for what is published in the media," he said. '