PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Holocaust cartoon contest kicks off

Victory
13-02-06, 14:47
Holocaust cartoon contest kicks off

Tehran, Feb 13 - A contest for cartoons of the holocaust was launched in Iran on Monday.

The first entry was said to be from renowned Australian cartoonist Michael Leunig, according to the website organising the competition with Iran's biggest selling newspaper Hamshahri, triggering outrage in the United States and Germany in particular.

"As a show of solidarity with the Muslim world, and an exercise in free speech, I would like to submit a cartoon to you on the theme of the holocaust," Leunig was quoted as saying in a statment on the Irancartoon.com website.

"I have had some difficulty getting this work published in my own country, and I believe it would help highlight the hypocrisy of the West's attitude to free speech if you were to publish it," the Melbourne-based Leunig was quoted as saying.

Hamshahri, which is published by Tehran's municipality, said the contest was officially launched on Monday with the title "what is the limit on freedom of expression in the West?" Its graphics editor Farid Mortazavi said earlier this month that the aim was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

The newspaper said the contest was open until May 5. It did not announce what the prize would be but said each artist would receive a book of the cartoons submitted.

Victory
13-02-06, 14:53
http://www.irancartoon.com/100/daily/Mohammad-ali-RAJABI29.jpg

tukkersterror
13-02-06, 15:46
Geplaatst door Victory
Holocaust cartoon contest kicks off

Tehran, Feb 13 - A contest for cartoons of the holocaust was launched in Iran on Monday.

The first entry was said to be from renowned Australian cartoonist Michael Leunig, according to the website organising the competition with Iran's biggest selling newspaper Hamshahri, triggering outrage in the United States and Germany in particular.

"As a show of solidarity with the Muslim world, and an exercise in free speech, I would like to submit a cartoon to you on the theme of the holocaust," Leunig was quoted as saying in a statment on the Irancartoon.com website.

"I have had some difficulty getting this work published in my own country, and I believe it would help highlight the hypocrisy of the West's attitude to free speech if you were to publish it," the Melbourne-based Leunig was quoted as saying.

Hamshahri, which is published by Tehran's municipality, said the contest was officially launched on Monday with the title "what is the limit on freedom of expression in the West?" Its graphics editor Farid Mortazavi said earlier this month that the aim was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

The newspaper said the contest was open until May 5. It did not announce what the prize would be but said each artist would receive a book of the cartoons submitted.

Tja ik mag die Iraanse tekenaars wel!!!

Ken je Mohammad Amin Aghey de in Iran wonende cartoon tekenaar???
Moet je eens kijken hoe hij de "held" Bin Laden tekend!!!
Nieuwsgierig??? http://www.kargah.com/aghaey/index.php
Niet allemaal kijken, want dan word het hier te stil!!!

Nog 1 vraag gaan we nu Iran ook boycotten???

Victory
13-02-06, 15:51
http://www.irancartoon.com/110/Lattuf.jpg

Je denkt zeker dat wij aanhangers van Bin Ladin zijn ofzo? Tijd om wat meer te lezen en wat minder naar Uncle Bush luisteren.

Kom maar op met je boycot als je bereid bent een moeilijker leven te gaan lijden. :)

tukkersterror
13-02-06, 16:19
Geplaatst door Victory
http://www.irancartoon.com/110/Lattuf.jpg

Je denkt zeker dat wij aanhangers van Bin Ladin zijn ofzo? Tijd om wat meer te lezen en wat minder naar Uncle Bush luisteren.

Kom maar op met je boycot als je bereid bent een moeilijker leven te gaan lijden. :)

Sorry Bush is mijn type niet :fpuh:

En lezen??? Wat denk je dat ik hier doe :boer:

Als ik de cartoons bekijk niet en het is trouwens laden Bin Laden de broer van Accu Laden :p