PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Hirsi Ali is statenloos en kan niet naar de VS

Marsipulami
16-05-06, 10:26
Verdonk: Hirsi Ali mogelijk geen Nederlander

DEN HAAG (ANP) - VVD-Tweede Kamerlid Ayaan Hirsi Ali heeft mogelijk nooit het Nederlanderschap verkregen. Dat heeft minister Verdonk (Vreemdelingenzaken) maandag geschreven aan de Tweede Kamer in antwoord op vragen van onafhankelijk Kamerlid Hilbrand Nawijn.

Ze schrijft dat „vooralsnog moet worden aangenomen dat zij geacht wordt het Nederlanderschap niet te hebben verkregen”. Feitelijk komt het erop neer dat zij als persoon nooit het Nederlands paspoort heeft gekregen, omdat zij andere personalia heeft opgegeven bij haar naturalisatie in 1997. Verdonk baseert zich op de gegevens zoals zij die tot nu toe heeft begrepen over het verleden van haar partijgenote en op de uitspraak van de Hoge Raad over een soortgelijke kwestie.

Hirsi Ali heeft een brief gekregen van Verdonk en heeft zes weken de tijd om hierop te reageren. De bewindsvrouw meldt niets over de mogelijk gevolgen voor het Kamerlid. Ook gaat ze niet in op het feit dat de VVD heeft geweten van leugens bij haar asielaanvraag. Dat is aan de VVD, aldus Verdonk.

De van oorsprong Somalische politica kwam in 1992 in Nederland en gaf bij haar aanvraag voor een asielstatus een andere naam en leeftijd op. Ook gaf zij niet aan dat zij uit een relatief veilige omgeving in Kenia kwam.

Tweede Kamerlid Nawijn, die vragen stelde naar aanleiding van de uitzending van Zembla over Hirsi Ali, denkt dat het VVD-Kamerlid nu „zal moeten vertrekken”. Het „rechtsgevoel gaat spreken”, zei hij maandag in het tv-programma NOVA: „Waarom een Kamerlid niet en een andere burger wel uitzetten”.

Nawijn was directeur van de Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst (IND), toen Hirsi Ali naar Nederland kwam. „Ik heb haar zelf toegelaten”, aldus Nawijn. In het eerste kabinet-Balkenende (2002-2003) was hij minister van Vreemdelingenzaken. Als minister wist hij niet, dat Hirsi Ali een andere naam en een andere geboortedatum had opgegeven. Als hij dat toen geweten had, zou hij hebben opgetreden.

Volgens Nawijn dreigt nu een ingewikkelde situatie, omdat Hirsi Ali formeel statenloos zou zijn en dus niet tot de Verenigde Staten toegelaten zou kunnen worden.

© Reformatorisch Dagblad

Marsipulami
16-05-06, 10:32
Hirsi Ali: Ik ben sprakeloos

NEW YORK (ANP) – Ayaan Hirsi Ali heeft geschokt gereageerd op het nieuws dat ze mogelijk het Nederlanderschap verliest. „Ik ben sprakeloos", vertelde het VVD–Tweede Kamerlid de Amerikaanse krant The New York Times nadat minister Rita Verdonk haar maandagavond telefonisch had verteld dat ze mogelijk geen Nederlandse is.

Hirsi Ali noemde de maatregel van Verdonk volgens het dagblad een poging om haar tot zwijgen te brengen. „Ik ben volledig toegeweid geweest aan mijn werk in het parlement en ik heb veel risico’s genomen. Anderen zullen zich hierdoor wel twee keer bedenken voordat ze zich uitspreken."

© Reformatorisch Dagblad

vlegeltje
16-05-06, 10:34
Ze heeft in het parlement ook haar stem uitgebracht over allerlei wetsvoorstellen. Worden die stemmen nu ook ongeldig?

En haar salaris als parlementariër is nu dus ook illegaal verkregen?
Terug betalen?

Vunzig wereldje die politiek...

vlegeltje
16-05-06, 10:35
A Critic of Muslim Intolerance Faces Loss of Dutch Citizenship

By MARLISE SIMONS

New York Times

PARIS, May 15 — The Dutch government on Monday abruptly threatened to revoke the citizenship of one of the country's most prominent members of Parliament, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born woman who arrived as a refugee 14 years ago.

The minister of immigration, Rita Verdonk, said Ms. Hirsi Ali had provided inaccurate information when applying for political asylum in 1992 and seeking Dutch citizenship in 1997. As a result, the minister said, both applications were invalid. Ms. Hirsi Ali has been given six weeks to respond.

The move is likely to provoke a widespread reaction because Ms. Hirsi Ali, 36, has faced repeated death threats since 2002, when she became well known because of her outspoken criticism of conservative Islam and of the mistreatment of Muslim women, even in The Netherlands.

She was the writer of a short television documentary on violence against Muslim women made by the filmmaker Theo van Gogh, who was murdered in an Amsterdam street in 2004 by a Dutch-Moroccan who said his victim had insulted Islam. The killer pinned a note to the body of Mr. van Gogh saying that Ms. Hirsi Ali would be next.

Long before Mr. van Gogh's death, Ms. Hirsi Ali had been provided with full-time bodyguards by the Dutch government and had been living in a series of safe houses. Despite that, she continued speaking and writing on abuse of women in Islam and her view that the religion promotes intolerance.

"I'm speechless," Ms. Hirsi Ali said in a telephone interview from The Hague after she had received a call from Ms. Verdonk on Monday night. . Ms. Hirsi Ali said she considered the move to take away her citizenship, leaving her stateless, as an attempt to silence her. "I have been fully committed to my work in Parliament, and I have taken many risks," she said. "This will make others think harder before they speak out."

She said she was baffled by the unexpected uproar over her asylum procedure because she had told the story numerous times in interviews and in her own essays about how she changed her last name from Magan to Ali and changed her date of birth when she arrived in the Netherlands at age 22, escaping from an arranged marriage.

She tried to hide at first "in case my father or my brother or my husband looked for me with bad intentions," she said. "I'm now being picked on for lying, but I have admitted this for years." She said she discussed the matter with the leaders of the conservative political party VVD when they invited her to run for Parliament.

Her difficulty began over the weekend after a television documentary retraced her steps and she once more said on camera that she had changed some facts on arriving in The Netherlands.

As elections approach, the debate about immigration in The Netherlands has become increasingly tense, with Ms. Verdonk taking an ever harder line and recently expelling would-be immigrants who failed to meet the criteria for political asylum. Ms. Hirsi Ali has also come under criticism. Opponents say she has polarized the immigration debate, and some have called for her to be deported.

She said she would resign from Parliament on Tuesday and speed up her intended departure for the United States, where she has applied for a job at the American Enterprise Institute. She had intended to serve out her mandate, she said. But in April she was notified that she would have to vacate her secure government apartment because her neighbors won a lawsuit complaining that her presence exposed them to risk.

mulan
16-05-06, 10:42
Misschien kan ze het Canadese manlief alternatief proberen.. :vreemd:

mulan
16-05-06, 10:44
Geplaatst door vlegeltje
Vunzig wereldje die politiek...

Ja aan dat vunzige wereldje heeft ze zelf mooi aan bijgedragen.

Marsipulami
16-05-06, 10:48
Geplaatst door vlegeltje
A Critic of Muslim Intolerance Faces Loss of Dutch Citizenship

By MARLISE SIMONS

New York Times

PARIS, May 15 — The Dutch government on Monday abruptly threatened to revoke the citizenship of one of the country's most prominent members of Parliament, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born woman who arrived as a refugee 14 years ago.

The minister of immigration, Rita Verdonk, said Ms. Hirsi Ali had provided inaccurate information when applying for political asylum in 1992 and seeking Dutch citizenship in 1997. As a result, the minister said, both applications were invalid. Ms. Hirsi Ali has been given six weeks to respond.

The move is likely to provoke a widespread reaction because Ms. Hirsi Ali, 36, has faced repeated death threats since 2002, when she became well known because of her outspoken criticism of conservative Islam and of the mistreatment of Muslim women, even in The Netherlands.

She was the writer of a short television documentary on violence against Muslim women made by the filmmaker Theo van Gogh, who was murdered in an Amsterdam street in 2004 by a Dutch-Moroccan who said his victim had insulted Islam. The killer pinned a note to the body of Mr. van Gogh saying that Ms. Hirsi Ali would be next.

Long before Mr. van Gogh's death, Ms. Hirsi Ali had been provided with full-time bodyguards by the Dutch government and had been living in a series of safe houses. Despite that, she continued speaking and writing on abuse of women in Islam and her view that the religion promotes intolerance.

"I'm speechless," Ms. Hirsi Ali said in a telephone interview from The Hague after she had received a call from Ms. Verdonk on Monday night. . Ms. Hirsi Ali said she considered the move to take away her citizenship, leaving her stateless, as an attempt to silence her. "I have been fully committed to my work in Parliament, and I have taken many risks," she said. "This will make others think harder before they speak out."

She said she was baffled by the unexpected uproar over her asylum procedure because she had told the story numerous times in interviews and in her own essays about how she changed her last name from Magan to Ali and changed her date of birth when she arrived in the Netherlands at age 22, escaping from an arranged marriage.

She tried to hide at first "in case my father or my brother or my husband looked for me with bad intentions," she said. "I'm now being picked on for lying, but I have admitted this for years." She said she discussed the matter with the leaders of the conservative political party VVD when they invited her to run for Parliament.

Her difficulty began over the weekend after a television documentary retraced her steps and she once more said on camera that she had changed some facts on arriving in The Netherlands.

As elections approach, the debate about immigration in The Netherlands has become increasingly tense, with Ms. Verdonk taking an ever harder line and recently expelling would-be immigrants who failed to meet the criteria for political asylum. Ms. Hirsi Ali has also come under criticism. Opponents say she has polarized the immigration debate, and some have called for her to be deported.

She said she would resign from Parliament on Tuesday and speed up her intended departure for the United States, where she has applied for a job at the American Enterprise Institute. She had intended to serve out her mandate, she said. But in April she was notified that she would have to vacate her secure government apartment because her neighbors won a lawsuit complaining that her presence exposed them to risk.

:wohaa: Holland scoort weer internationale mediabelangstelling :p

Hoe zit het eigenlijk met de procedure die Maxima heeft gevolgd tot het verkrijgen van het Nederlanderschap. Is daar alles mee in orde ?

~Panthera~
16-05-06, 11:00
VVD-Tweede Kamerlid Bibi de Vries reageerde furieus. "Ik ben razend op Rita Verdonk dat ze Hirsi Ali opjaagt als aangeschoten wild. Als er ook maar iets gebeurt met Hirsi Ali zijn er mensen binnen de VVD die bloed aan hun handen hebben."

HUH ??? :confused:

Vonden ze van die 11 mensen die zijn verbrand op Schiphol anders helemaal niet.

Ach ja, waren MAAR asielzoekers he ?? :moe:

Nu het Hirshi is, vallen ze allemaal over elkaar heen.

God, wat zetten ze zichzelf te kakken zeg. :roken:

vlegeltje
16-05-06, 11:06
Geplaatst door Marsipulami
Hoe zit het eigenlijk met de procedure die Maxima heeft gevolgd tot het verkrijgen van het Nederlanderschap. Is daar alles mee in orde ?

Misschien is er nog een prinsje van ons koninklijk huis die met Ayaan kan trouwen. Komt alles toch nog goed.

~Panthera~
16-05-06, 11:19
Geplaatst door vlegeltje
Misschien is er nog een prinsje van ons koninklijk huis die met Ayaan kan trouwen. Komt alles toch nog goed.

Zal wel moeten, die eerste knakker uit Canada is inmiddels getrouwd. :hihi:

H.P.Pas
16-05-06, 11:40
Geplaatst door vlegeltje
Ze heeft in het parlement ook haar stem uitgebracht over allerlei wetsvoorstellen. Worden die stemmen nu ook ongeldig?

En haar salaris als parlementariër is nu dus ook illegaal verkregen?
Terug betalen?

:tik: De eenvoudigste oplossing lijkt me een ereburgerschap met terugwerkende kracht.

David
16-05-06, 11:41
Geplaatst door H.P.Pas
:tik: De eenvoudigste oplossing lijkt me een ereburgerschap met terugwekende kracht.

:haha:

Marsipulami
16-05-06, 11:47
Een nieuwe asielprocedure kan ook nog. Als ze het destijds nog niet was, dan is ze het ondertussen toch wel zeker geworden (een politiek vluchtelinge).

IbnRushd
16-05-06, 11:49
Alleen nog hopen dat hirsi magan een andere nationaliteit heeft. Anders wordt ze staatloos, hetgeen in strijd met internationale verdragen.

Rourchid
16-05-06, 11:58
Geplaatst door Marsipulami

„Ik ben volledig toegeweid geweest aan mijn werk in het parlement en ik heb veel risico’s genomen. Anderen zullen zich hierdoor wel twee keer bedenken voordat ze zich uitspreken."

Drugs en alcohol op de werkvloer van het Reformatorisch Dagblad?
Je kan dus echt geen enkele Nederlander vertrouwen?
NB toegeweid dient toegewijd te zijn.:student:

Rourchid
16-05-06, 12:00
Geplaatst door vlegeltje
De Paus is nog vrijgezel!
Mevrouw Ratzinger-Hirsi Magan?