PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Het schaap dat denkt een hond te zijn

Seif
06-06-06, 22:28
The sheep who thinks she is a dog

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41728000/jpg/_41728132_rolotwo203.jpg

A sheep rescued from death as a lamb and brought up with collies has grown up believing she is a dog, according to her owner.

Rolo - named after her favourite sweets - competes with sheepdogs to jump through hoops, walks on a lead and herds ducks at her Gwynedd home.

Owner Emlyn Roberts says Rolo likes nothing more than watching football on TV after calling up for her food.

Rolo spent her first year with dogs Mr Roberts trains for agility contests.

Mr Roberts, a regular at Crufts, is convinced that Rolo is more intelligent than the average sheep, and that she picked up tricks from watching him train his sheepdogs.

A bond has forged between the owner and sheep after he rescued Rolo from a farm near Caernarfon last year.

"Everyone thought the lamb had died but I looked and was sure she hadn't," he said. "I knew there was still some breath left in her so I suggested taking her home and looking after her."

Mr Roberts said he was unsure how his dogs - among them quad bike riding sheepdog Nell - would react to her, but he said they were not at all bothered.

"She comes to the house to be fed and to watch the television," he added.

"She comes in dead on time every day and knocks the door with her head if I've forgotten," he added.

"She is growing up exactly like a dog. You can tell she thinks of herself as a dog."

Once her dinner is finished, Rolo will then sit with Mr Roberts as he watches the television and seems to especially enjoy ball games with plenty of action.

"She likes football, she sits with her ears pricked. I think she'll enjoy the World Cup," he added.

Rolo will get the chance to show off her skills when she makes her debut at Sioe Ogwen in Bethesda at the weekend.

Bron: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/5048644.stm)

tukkersterror
06-06-06, 22:44
Is niet leuk Seif!!!

Is zwarte schaap eindelijk bezig met een nieuw imago, schop jij hem weer onderuit!!! :hihi:

Daar doe ik niet aan mee :ego:

MaRiaH
06-06-06, 22:51
Geplaatst door Seif
The sheep who thinks she is a dog

Blaft ze ook? :zozo:

gh.wille
06-06-06, 23:18
Geplaatst door MaRiaH
Blaft ze ook? :zozo:

Nee natuurlijk niet het is een zwart schaap ,alleen witte blaffen !

MaRiaH
06-06-06, 23:48
Geplaatst door gh.wille
Nee natuurlijk niet het is een zwart schaap ,alleen witte blaffen !

Beste meneer Wille, ff de bril op...:nerd:
dat schaap op de foto is echt wit hoor!!! :melig2: