PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Bush: Hezbollah moet stoppen met 'deze shit'

~Panthera~
17-07-06, 13:24
Bush: Hezbollah moet stoppen met 'deze shit'

Uitgegeven: 17 juli 2006 11:55
Laatst gewijzigd: 17 juli 2006 12:01

SINT-PETERSBURG - De Amerikaanse president George W. Bush heeft maandag gezegd dat de sleutel tot het einde van de crisis in het Midden-Oosten is dat "Hezbollah ophoudt met deze shit".

Het Amerikaanse staatshoofd was aan het lunchen met andere wereldleiders tijdens de G8-top in Sint Petersburg. Hij was zich er kennelijk niet van bewust dat zijn microfoon openstond.

"Wat ze moeten doen is Syrië zover te krijgen dat Hezbollah stopt met deze shit, en het is allemaal voorbij", vertelde Bush de Britse premier Blair. Het is onduidelijk op wie Bush doelde toen hij het over 'ze' had.

Good Kahuna
17-07-06, 13:28
Volgens mij zijn de meesten het er wel over eens dat beide partijen moeten stoppen met die 'shit'.

Wel, Bush niet, natuurlijk :rolleyes:

Vanun
17-07-06, 18:47
Microphone Captures Bush's Unscripted Comments at G-8

By Peter Baker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, July 17, 2006; 8:50 AM

ST. PETERSBURG, July 17 -- President Bush should know that in Russia, someone is always listening. In this case, it was the rest of the world.

During a lunch with other leaders at the Group of Eight summit on Monday, Bush was caught on a live microphone talking in tough, occasionally profane terms with British Prime Minister Tony Blair about the latest conflict in the Middle East. Bush criticized the position taken by U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan, and said he would soon send Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to the region.

"What they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this [Edited Out] and it's over," Bush says with his mouth full as he buttered a piece of bread.

"Who, Syria?" asked Blair, standing next to the seated Bush.

"Right," Bush said. Within an hour, the remarks were broadcast on television stations, radio stations and websites around the world.

The conversation, while consistent with Bush's politer public remarks, offered a rare glimpse of the president in a less-guarded moment at a major diplomatic event, capturing his style of interaction with one of his closest allies.

It also punctured the White House line that the leaders all shared the same view of the Middle East, as Bush expressed irritation at Annan, who has sent a three-person team to the region and who is attending the summit as a guest.

"What about Kofi? That seems odd," Bush said, according to transcripts assembled by journalists here. The president seemed miffed at the idea of a ceasefire in which Israel and Hezbollah and Hamas would simultaneously stop violence.

Bush aides have said Hezbollah and Hamas should quit firing rockets and release captive Israeli soldiers first before Israel calls an end to its military strikes in Lebanon and Gaza.

"Well, I don't like the sequence of it," Bush said. Referring to Annan, the president added, "His attitude is basically ceasefire and everything else happens."

Bush later returned to the subject of Annan. "I felt like telling Kofi to get on the phone with Assad, make something happen," the president said, referring to Syrian President Bashir Assad. "We're not blaming Israel and we're not blaming the Lebanese government."

Bush also told Blair of his plans to dispatch Rice to the Middle East to address the crisis. "She's going," Bush said. "I think Condi's going to go pretty soon."

"Well, that's all that matters," Blair said. "If you see, it will take some time to get out of there. But at least it gives people a process."

"It's a process, I agree," Bush said. "I told her your offer too."

It's not clear what offer he was referring to. Blair made a reference during the conversation to laying some groundwork before the trip, so that Rice could deliver something concrete. "See, if she goes out, she's got to succeed, as it were, whereas I can just go out and talk," he said.

The open microphone was the second time in recent weeks that private conversations among senior officials was inadvertently broadcast in Russia.

When Rice met with other G-8 foreign ministers in Moscow recently, a microphone in the room was left on and captured an acrimonious debate between her and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov over the text of a statement about Iraq.

In this case, the open microphone also captured the sort of idle chitchat among world leaders rarely on public display. Bush said he did not plan to make extended remarks as the summit ended and expressed impatience for the long-winded speechifying that is typical at such gatherings.

"No, just going to make it up," he said. "I'm not going to talk too damn long, like the rest of them. Some of them talk too long."

He also seemed eager to leave: "Gotta go home. Got something to do tonight. How about you? Where are you going? Home?"

Bush also offered his thanks to Blair for what was probably a gift for the president's 60th birthday.

"Thanks for the sweater, it was awfully thoughtful of you," Bush said. Then he added mischievously, "I know you picked it out yourself."

"Oh, absolutely," Blair declared.
© 2006 The Washington Post Company

Vanun
17-07-06, 18:54
Bush is waarlijk een idioot.