PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Madaris could not be closed on Karzai’s demand: Musharraf

Somatic
29-09-06, 01:55
Source: Onlinenews.com.pk (Pakistan)
September 28, 2006 Author: staff

NEW YORK: President General Pervez Musharraf has said that in his meeting with president George W Bush and Afghan counterpart Hamid Karzai, he will present the ’realities’ about Taliban.

"As far as Afghan president’s demand of closing Madiris within Pakistan is concerned, it is totally rubbish. We will not close Madaris on his (Karzai) demands. The religious seminaries are not involved in terrorist activities," he observed this while addressing a press conference at Roosevelt hotel here Wednesday.

The afghan president’s accusations against Madaris are baseless. He should speak openly. How could we shut down 10,000 Madaris. The Madaris are absolutely not involved in terrorism.

The president said we have expelled foreign students. The syllabus is being changed. Registrations are going on. The Wafaq-ul-Madaris examination system is highly effective. We cannot shut Madaris on Karzai’s request. Those (Madaris) involved in terrorism have already been closed.

The president said his previous meeting with President Bush was very positive and our understanding will reach further heights in wake of new revelations. People should understand the realities about Taliban. I have changed US concept about Taliban and I hope Afghan President Hamid Karzai will also reckon the ground realities.

They know that I have submitted a report in UN and Taliban are present in Afghanistan and they are being funded by drug lords. Taliban are earning US$ 300 per month. Whereas there has been a surge of 59 % in poppy cultivation.

As far as Hizb-e-Islami is concerned Gulbadin Hikmatyar is leading the organization, in Kunar and Nangarhar whereas Jalaluddin is leading insurgency in Uruzgan, Kandahar and Hilmand.

In total there are five bases operating in Afghanistan and I will ask Afghan president to accept the reality. Whether he does it or not, its up to him.

Commenting on peace deal between military and North Waziristan based Taliban elements, the president said I did it for myself and it proves successful then it could be practiced on other side of the border in Afghanistan.

I will present the realities in my meeting with President Bush and Karzai. I will not get angry over the allegations leveled against us because I know allegations will weaken our alliance and it could lead to the defeat of the alliance, which we cannot afford.

Allegations are leveled against ISI and Western media is making unnecessary propaganda that we are not doing enough in war against terrorism. They are demanding that ISI should be dismantled and BBC is leading this propaganda game but they should not forget that ISI won the war against Russia and later broke the backbone of Al-qaeda and Taliban networks in Pakistan. As a matter of fact the Afghan president and his government is not reckoning the ground realities.

He said CIA did not give millions of dollars as bounty for arresting and handing over Taliban to Pakistan government, the agency which hunted Taliban leaders they collected the award. Khalid Mohamamd Sheikh, the president said used 13 houses and we raided all of them. The entire organization worked in the process and the money we received is being utilized in revamping Pakistani economy.

Commenting on Civil nuclear deal with United States, the president made it clear whether US provides Pakistan with Civil Nuclear technology or not Pakistan will get it from anywhere else. I asked US president to change his mind about Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan but he has not accepted my demand.

Referring to his Book "In the line of Fire", the president said there is no constitutional embargo on me that I cannot write a book. All the issues which I touched in my book, I have time and again commented on these. The opposition criticism is totally unnecessary I have not leaked any national secret and nor any of the secret will be leaked out, he reaffirmed.

I am in a position, from which some people are very jealous that is why they are against me I used my position to improve Pakistan’s image in the comity of nations. I am satisfied with what I have done whatever Allah Almighty has given me I a satisfied with it.

This book will remind them that what the realities are. The world will understand (the role of) Pakistan. He said that Nawaz Sharif moved abroad after signing an agreement. Shah Abdullah is involved in it. This is a sensitive issue. He is like my elder brother. He said that the issue will not be brought to the media. The most important part of the book is my governance that I have done. My personal life is important and besides this there are different aspects. He said that the one who pushed me into power himself went out of the country.

He maintained the issue of Taliban has turned highly dangerous. There is nothing happening from Pakistan inside Afghanistan.

He maintained that I had a nice meeting with Hamid Karzai in Kabul now I don’t know what has happened to him that he is continuously leveling allegations against Pakistan.

On a query about his book, the president said the book I have written is not only for myself but also for Pakistan. Whatever is inscribe in my fate it will happen and no body can change the fate.

The president went on to say that Pakistan, India and Iran will go ahead with IPI gas pipeline project. US has not discussed the matter with us and if they will do it then we will ask them to provide us energy because we need it the most. Gas pipeline is imperative for all three nations and we will take this pipeline up to China. I have discussed the matter with Chinese President Wen Jiabao.

As far as our government is concerned it is stable. The parliament is working smoothly. Why should I give a formula for opposition because everything is going smoothly. The government could not be destabilized, the assemblies with complete their term.

The only hot issue at present in the assemblies is Hudood Ordinance and will Inshallah get this bill passed by the parliament and nothing will happen.

The fair, free and transparent election will be held in 2007 and new assemblies will come into existence as a result of these elections, he added.

mark61
29-09-06, 02:04
Geplaatst door Somatic
"As far as Afghan president’s demand of closing Madiris within Pakistan is concerned, it is totally rubbish. We will not close Madaris on his (Karzai) demands. The religious seminaries are not involved in terrorist activities,"

Musharraf liet een jaar geleden een proefballonnetje op op bijeenkomst medrese-hoofden; de pleuris brak uit en hij trok zijn plannen schielijk in.

De vraag is of Musharraf de ISI eigenlijk wel onder controlen heeft.