PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Regering GB: Rusland vermoordde Litvinenko

Mark
03-12-06, 19:12
Regering GB: Rusland vermoordde Litvinenko

Gepost door Joop (Athlon_2o0o) - Bron: Telegraph.co.uk
Gepubliceerd: zondag 3 december 2006 @ 14:27
Alexander Litvinenko is volgens de Britse regering "waarschijnlijk" vermoord door huurmoordenaars in opdracht van de Russische staat. Litvinenko's naam kwam voor op een Russische 'dodenlijst': daarop staan vijf personen die gezien worden als gevaar voor Rusland, en door de Russische geheime dienst vermoord moeten worden. Dat hebben bronnen binnen de Britse regering gemeld tegen The Sunday Telegraph.

De Russische geheime dienst FSB heeft meer dan dertig spionnen in Groot-Brittannië. Daarmee is Rusland het grootste spionagegevaar voor Groot-Brittannië. De spionnen zouden activiteiten van Russische migranten in de gaten houden en tegenstanders van het beleid van de Russische president Vladimir Poetin de mond snoeren. Ook houden ze zakenlui, parlementsleden en wetenschappers in de gaten om commerciële- en staatsgeheimen te stelen. Rusland is vooral geïnteresseerd in geheimen op het gebied van financiën, energie, industrie, defensie en elektronica.

De Britse regering heeft direct enkele zakenlui gewaarschuwd dat zij ook op de 'dodenlijst' staan. Dit zijn zakenlui van de energiebedrijven BP en Centrica. De spionnen slaan vooral hun slag tijdens handelsbijeenkomsten. De spionnen opereren vanuit de Russische ambassade en gebruiken deze als hoofdkwartier. Deze ambassades zijn officieel Russisch grondgebied. De spionnen zouden net zo actief zijn als tijdens de Koude Oorlog, ondanks dat Groot-Brittannië nu gezien wordt als een bondgenoot van Rusland in de strijd tegen terrorisme. De Verenigde Staten zijn het enige land waar nog meer Russische spionnen actief zijn.

Origi
03-12-06, 20:12
:fplet:

rja
04-12-06, 00:49
Geplaatst door Mark
[B]Regering GB: Rusland vermoordde Litvinenko

Gaat Engeland nog iets doen,

Of dit is het ?

Spoetnik
04-12-06, 11:27
Is er bewijs? Of is de email van die Italiaan voldoende?

Volgens mij heeft die Italiaan het gedaan.

Vanun
04-12-06, 14:16
Dead Russian spy to be buried as a Muslim

Alexander Litvinenko, the former Russian intelligence agent poisoned in London, is to be buried according to Muslim tradition after converting to Islam on his deathbed.

The spy's father, Walter Litvinenko, said in an interview published today that his son - who was born an Orthodox Christian but had close links to Islamist rebels in Chechnya - made the request as he lay dying in University College Hospital.

"He said ’I want to be buried according to Muslim tradition’," Mr Litvinenko told Moscow's Kommersant daily.

"I said, ’Well son, as you wish. We already have one Muslim in our family - my daughter is married to a Muslim. The important thing is to believe in the Almighty. God is one.’"

Nine Scotland Yard detectives were preparing to fly to Moscow as early as today to speak to witnesses who met Litvinenko around the time of his poisoning, which is believed to have happened on November 1 at a sushi restaurant in Piccadilly.

The Russian foreign ministry confirmed today that visas had been issued to the investigators and the prosecutor-general's office also offered "to provide all necessary help to British colleagues within the framework of international agreements and the law of the Russian Federation".

In a statement dictated on his deathbed, Litvinenko, a former agent for the KGB and its successor body, the FSB, accused President Putin of involvement in his death. "You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life," he said.

The spy's father told Kommersant, an independent business daily, that he was also sure that Mr Putin was involved in the death, dismissing suggestions that rogue former agents may have been responsible.

"No kind of veterans organisation would dare to kill a former secret service member. There was an order right from the top to kill my son," Mr Litvinenko said. "I am in no doubt that this was done by members of the Russian secret services, with the permission of Vladimir Putin."

Russian authorities have denied any involvement in Litvinenko’s death.

Meanwhile, one of Litvinenko's former KGB colleagues, Yuri Shvets, said that he had given Scotland Yard information on the death, including the name of the man responsible for the murder.

"The truth is, we have an act of international terrorism on our hands. I happen to believe I know who is behind the death of my friend Sasha and the reason for his murder," Mr Shvets told the Associated Press.

Mr Shvets, who had known Litvinenko since 2002 and last spoke to him on the day that he died, was questioned by British detectives and an FBI agent in Washington last week. He declined to confirm the name of the person he had told police was behind Litvinenko’s death in case it disrupted the investigation.

"I want this inquiry to get to the bottom of it. Otherwise they will be killing people all over the world - in London, in Washington and in other places," Mr Shvets said. "I want to give the police the time and space to crack this case, to allow them to find those behind this assassination, the last thing I want to do is give a warning to those who are responsible."

Litvinenko, 43, died three weeks after ingesting a toxic radioactive isotope, polonium-210, which made his hair fall out and ravaged his organs. Results of the post-mortem examination on his body are expected later this week and might help pinpoint the origin of the radioactive substance.

An Italian contact who had lunch with Litvinenko at the sushi restaurant, Mario Scaramella, was also contaminated with polonium, although he has shown no symptoms of radiation poisoning.

In an interview with Italy’s RAI television, Mr Scaramella said that doctors had told him that his body contained five times the dose of polonium-210 that would normally be considered lethal. "So my mood isn’t the best," he told the channel.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2486268,00.html