PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Atheists are a 'cult of losers'

Marsipulami
22-01-09, 00:58
Atheists are a 'cult of losers?'

by Trina Hoaks, Atheism Examiner

« PreviousNext » Apparently, a writer for the Daily Times in Delaware, PA thinks that atheists are a “…cult of losers who pretend the very mention of the word ‘God’ is an affront to our Constitution and demeaning to them personally….”

In this column, atheists who are trying to stop “So help me God” from being said at the inauguration are said to be “anti-religion activists.” Although I doubt this columnist would ever see it, some of the atheists who want “God” removed from the inauguration are not anti-religious. Some are merely interested in the separation of church and state and are fine with religion… as long as it is kept in its place.

The writer uses the article as a platform to discredit Margaret Downey who he says lied about her son being denied entry into the Boy Scouts. He calls Downey

a career atheist who hires herself out for what she bills as ‘fun-filled presentations which always include visuals, door prizes, props ...’ etc. (I’ve heard of ‘prop comics’ but not ‘prop atheists.’)

Tomorrow is the day that atheists will have their day in court battling for the removal of “God” from the inauguration. Although most people expect their efforts to fail, there are those who hope they won’t. We will just have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens.