PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : "Smile : It could make u happier !"

DNA
22-11-09, 18:54
"Smile : It could make u happier " by Melinda Wenner !

Source : Scientific American ,from the September 2009 Scientific American Mind !

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=smile-it-could-make-you-happier

DNA
23-11-09, 12:03
Smile , people , that w'd make u less fanatics, less extremists, populists ... less eager to judge others ... :lol:

Fact is that extremists, fanatics, populists, fascists, nazis ...à la Wilders ....hebben juist geen gevoel voor humor , no sense of reality , no imagination, no originality, no creativity...

The best weapon against them is ...humor as had shown Charly Chaplin in relation to Hitler in that funny movie ....& as had done many others before & after him !

That's why it's so easy & fun to make fun of fascists, nazis , racists ...= they're so silly, ridiculous, disgusting , tragic_hilarious ... :lol:

& they can't stand humor : the same goes for dictators ...........'cause humor strips them of their silly masks & show them to everybody to see in all their "naked glory" ! :lol:

Eke
23-11-09, 12:16
De glimlach gleed al over m'n gezicht toen ik de topictitel zag .

Het is zo waar ,
DNA.:)

Enne..het werkt ook aanstekelijk !

Ik ga het artikel een andere keer lezen, want ik moet zo weg . Leuk onderwerp !!!! :zwaai:

DNA
23-11-09, 12:36
De glimlach gleed al over m'n gezicht toen ik de topictitel zag .

Het is zo waar ,
DNA.:)

Enne..het werkt ook aanstekelijk !

Ik ga het artikel een andere keer lezen, want ik moet zo weg . Leuk onderwerp !!!! :zwaai:

Dank u, lady :

people should smile a lot more often ...indeed :

a medicine against taking ourselves too seriously too more often ...

I can't stop laughing with Cervantes ' Don Quichotte:

I love that great book :

kan je onzettend mee lachen & is die bovendien een eindloos inspiratie bron, die fictief Don Quichotte :

wij zijn allemaal op de 1 of ander manier Don Quichotten , fools ....so full of "shit" ... :lol:

we should laugh at ourselves too, at our foolishness, "wisdom" , limited knowledge, at our arrogance, silly pretentions ....

we should laugh a lot more often at those silly pathetic tragic_hilarious populists, extremists, fascists ...whose sole "puropse" in life is to divide people, spread hate , wars, misery ..............

Aït Ayt
23-11-09, 12:48
lachen kan ook dodelijk zijn:

On 24 March 1975 Alex Mitchell, a 50-year-old bricklayer from King's Lynn, England, died laughing while watching an episode of The Goodies, featuring a Scotsman in a kilt battling a vicious black pudding with his bagpipes. After twenty-five minutes of continuous laughter Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and expired from heart failure. His widow later sent the Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell's final moments so pleasant.

In 1989 a Danish audiologist, Ole Bentzen, died watching A Fish Called Wanda. His heart was estimated to have beat at between 250 and 500 beats per minute, before he succumbed to cardiac arrest.

In 2003 Damnoen Saen-um, a Thai ice cream salesman, is reported to have died while laughing in his sleep at the age of 52. His wife tried to wake him up but couldn't, and he stopped breathing after two minutes of continuous laughter. It is believed that he died either of heart failure or asphyxiation.

DNA
23-11-09, 12:57
lachen kan ook dodelijk zijn:

On 24 March 1975 Alex Mitchell, a 50-year-old bricklayer from King's Lynn, England, died laughing while watching an episode of The Goodies, featuring a Scotsman in a kilt battling a vicious black pudding with his bagpipes. After twenty-five minutes of continuous laughter Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and expired from heart failure. His widow later sent the Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell's final moments so pleasant.

In 1989 a Danish audiologist, Ole Bentzen, died watching A Fish Called Wanda. His heart was estimated to have beat at between 250 and 500 beats per minute, before he succumbed to cardiac arrest.

In 2003 Damnoen Saen-um, a Thai ice cream salesman, is reported to have died while laughing in his sleep at the age of 52. His wife tried to wake him up but couldn't, and he stopped breathing after two minutes of continuous laughter. It is believed that he died either of heart failure or asphyxiation.

Yeah, maar lachen is gezond meestaal ! :

je riskeert niet veel als jou gezondheid dat zou toelaten tenminste :integendeel zelfs !

anger ...can be a lot more lethal !

I prefer to laugh at fascists such as wilders , Ron haleber , ....than to take them seriously ! :lol:

or as had said some mum's reader down below in the comments ' zone of that article above :

" " a smile can conquer the world " , so to speak , to some extent at least !

Eke
23-11-09, 14:47
Interessant artikel.

Dat nou uitgerekend Darwin hier ook al z'n sporen heeft nagelaten....
Die jongen was echt een gretige wetenschapper !!!

Van die botox (dat het mensen met een depressie kan opmonteren) had ik eens gelezen. Een Nederlands onderzoek.

They found that the botox subjects had much lower activity in the brain circuits involved in emotional processing and responses—in the amygdala, hypothal*amus and parts of the brain stem—as compared with con*trols who had not received treatment.

Dus het zwakt naast depressieve gevoelens vermoedelijk ook angst af ?(houdt de amygdala daar geen verband mee , DNA ? )
Handig !

Er staan nog meer opmerkelijke zaken in het artikel, ik zal het eens printen.

Ayt, ik lach me dood wel heftig, he ?

DNA, laat Ron Haleber los..'t is gewoon een medeprikker waarmee je het vaak oneens bent. doesn't matter , toch ? :)

DNA
23-11-09, 18:01
Interessant artikel.

Dat nou uitgerekend Darwin hier ook al z'n sporen heeft nagelaten....
Die jongen was echt een gretige wetenschapper !!!

Van die botox (dat het mensen met een depressie kan opmonteren) had ik eens gelezen. Een Nederlands onderzoek.

They found that the botox subjects had much lower activity in the brain circuits involved in emotional processing and responses—in the amygdala, hypothal*amus and parts of the brain stem—as compared with con*trols who had not received treatment.

Dus het zwakt naast depressieve gevoelens vermoedelijk ook angst af ?(houdt de amygdala daar geen verband mee , DNA ? )
Handig !

Er staan nog meer opmerkelijke zaken in het artikel, ik zal het eens printen.

Ayt, ik lach me dood wel heftig, he ?

DNA, laat Ron Haleber los..'t is gewoon een medeprikker waarmee je het vaak oneens bent. doesn't matter , toch ? :)

Precies :

Ik lach me ook rot toen ik die botox issue experiment zat te lezen ! :lol:

I find those botox faces very funny ! :lol: They seem so frozen, so unnatural as if they were sedated , as if they were expressless aliens ... ! :lol: :

no good grounds for an experiment , i guess, 'cause those botox recipients as they were called as if they were some objects , not humans, w'dn't be totally honest in expressing their feelings anyway , i guess : they were so insecure 'bout their looks that they choose for botox treatements , so ....they w'd also try to present a special mask for the researchers ....don't know!

There's a lot of information in that article indeed :

that botox & control subjects experiment is very interesting :

it seems that our faces & feelings experience a kindda mutual feedback on each other :

botox recipients who can't frown seem to feel happier ....that there is a lower activity in their brains circuits involving emotional processing & responses...meaning , if u u can't express pain, u w'd feel less pain ....as if expressing pain intensifies it ...

The amygdala , an area of the brain that processes feelings , could be certainly involved, i guess ! :

Does it happen as if when we frown , make some disgusted facial expressions ....that w'd intensifie our feelings via the amygdala ???

that our facial or body expressions w'd influence the amygdala ?? maybe, who knows:

interesting !

body influencing the brain !

u w'd understand that a bit more if u read my other topic 'bout drama queens , the chemistry of their brain gets changed by some childhood traumas ..neglect ...so , they tend to overreact ...

At another level :

I think that can be extended to the faces of people watching the wreak of an accident for example & the people involved in it : If u show a more concerned horrified face to injured people , they w'd certainly feel more pain = very contagious !

Facial expressions are also contagious !

The problem with these guys scientists is that they separate between body & brain ,between spirit & matter , to some extent at least :

I think there's an interaction between the 2 at any given time , for the most part at least , except in pure sedative or hypnotic, Yuga ....situations , in coma ....don't know, even then , i think that body & spirit remain interacted , we just are not ware of those interactions if we were in coma, God forbid, in deep sleep , if we were sedated ... !

This scientist as the other materialists didn't even suggest that there might be an immaterial element involved in this :

we're not just neuro_physiological processes, hormones, chemistry, biology ....we're no machines : we posess an immaterial side = our most valuable & precious posession...

see also that other topic :

"Why does music make us feel ???

Daar is er weer sprake van verklaringnen aan de hand van ...evolutie ....really depressing , boring, limited ...

who's gonna liberate science from those materialists ???

There's a kindda scientific revolution going on , trying to liberate science from that materialistic supremacy ; the writer of this great book : "Geography of Thought" = Richard E.Nisbett is a high profile culture psychologist who rejects the so-called evolutionary psyhology, evolutionary biology ...for the most part at least ...[/B]

P.S.: Haleber is a fascist drama queen ! u should read his non_sense 'bout Islam mainly !

In een "gesprek" met Snow White zei hij bijv. :

"...jullie zijn fanatici die niet voor rede vatbaar zijn ..." = meaning :

If u don't agree with his secular views , u are a fanatic , or as had put it that other misleading hypocrit fascist Karen Armstrong :

something like :

"muslims gotta evolve through the same path westerners did , in relation to secularism...

that's the main-stream western point of view :

= THE one & only option for muslims is to secularise= neutralise Islam à la christianity , Islam as THE main obstacle for western domination , even though Islam & christianity hasn't much to do with each other, qua principles, dynamics, essence , history ....of Islam ...

I can't stand fascists , drama queens ...à la wilders too : that's why i try to laugh at them, ridiculise them, make fun of them .... :lol:

Humor is the best weapon against them as had shown Chaplin in his funny movie against Hitler & as had done many others before & after him :

Thanks, lady !

Good night !

:zwaai:

Sallahddin
24-11-09, 18:43
Our own frowning or other disgusted facial expressions , or their abscence can ease of intensifie our pain :

very interesting :

the message is :

Smile despite the pain = that w'd even ease ur own pain & make u happier !

The more u make sad , disgusted , angry ...faces , the more u feel pain...

Niet geregistreerd
25-11-09, 13:20
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eke
26-11-09, 17:00
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/traurig/d045.gif

'k zit vast....reaktie zal nog even duren !

Niet geregistreerd
26-11-09, 17:32
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/traurig/d045.gif

'k zit vast....reaktie zal nog even duren !

Ik hoop niet dat je "vast zit " , haha !

Grapje !

trake ur time, lady , no hurry, no worries: hoeft niet per se , alleen als je dat leuk of interessant vindt !

Take care !