PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Helen Thomas: Jews control White House, US Congress

Wizdom
19-03-11, 11:22
Helen Thomas: Jews control White House, US Congress
By JPOST.COM STAFF
03/19/2011 03:18

In 'Playboy' interview, veteran US journalist stands behind anti-Israel comments that led to her resignation: "I knew exactly what I was doing."
Talkbacks (25)
Veteran US Journalist Helen Thomas said that Jews have "total control" over the White House and US Congress, telling Playboy magazine in an interview to be published in April, "Everybody is in the pocket of the Israeli lobbies."

Thomas, who covered the White House for more than six decades, was forced to resign from her position at Hearst Corp. last year, after saying in an interview that Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home to Poland, Germany and the United States."

Thomas appeared to show no regret for last year's comments, reiterating in the Playboy interview her belief that "Israelis have the right to exist-but where they were born."

"Why shouldn't I say it? I knew exactly what I was doing-I was going for broke. I had reached the point of no return. You finally get fed up," Thomas said.

Thomas denied claims that she was anti-Jewish. "I think they're wonderful people. They had to have the most depth. They were leaders in civil rights. They've always had the heart for others but not for Arabs, for some reason. I'm not anti-Jewish; I'm anti-Zionist."

She explained her comment that Jews should go back to Poland and Germany meant "they should stay where they are because they're not being persecuted-not since World War II...If they were, we sure would hear about it." Thomas added that Jews "carry on the victimization. American people do not know that the Israeli lobbyists have intimidated them into believing that every Jew is a persecuted victim forever-while they are victimizing Palestinians."

When asked whether she believed their was a secret Jewish conspiracy at work in the US, Thomas stated that it is "not a secret. It's very open...Everybody is in the pocket of the Israeli lobbies, which are funded by wealthy supporters, including those from Hollywood. Same thing with the financial markets. There's total control."

Wizdom
19-03-11, 11:27
Helen Thomas to Playboy: White House in pockets of the Israeli lobbies
Thomas left her post at the White House after she publicly made anti-Israel comments last May, telling the Jews they should 'get the hell out of Palestine.'
By Haaretz Service
Tags: Israel news

Helen Thomas, former dean of the White House Press Corps, reportedly told Playboy in an interview for their April issue that Jews have power over the White House and Congress, who are in the pockets of the Israeli lobbies.

Thomas left her post at the White House after she publicly made anti-Israel comments last May, telling the Jews they should "get the hell out of Palestine."

Former White House correspondent Helen Thomas

Photo by: AP
The former reporter told Playboy that the Israeli lobbies "are funded by wealthy supporters, including those from Hollywood. Same thing with the financial markets. There’s total control."

When asked about her comments that ultimately cost her her job, Thomas told Playboy that "everybody knows my feelings about the Palestinians," adding "sure, the Israelis have a right to exist—but where they were born, not to come and take someone else’s home. I’ve had it up to here with the violations against the Palestinians. Why shouldn’t I say it? I knew exactly what I was doing—I was going for broke. I had reached the point of no return. You finally get fed up."

Thomas also clarified that when she said the Jews should go back to Poland,Germany and America, that she was not referring to the concentration camps, but rather that "they should stay where they are because they’re not being persecuted—not since World War II, not since 1945."

However, when asked about the Holocaust, Thomas told the magazine that "there’s nothing wrong with remembering it [the Holocaust], but why do we have to constantly remember? We’re not at fault."

She then launched into criticism of Israel and its alleged oppression of the Palestinians, accusing the Jews of lacking introspection.

"Do the Jews ever look at themselves?" asked Thomas, "why are they always right? Because they have been oppressed throughout history, I know. And they have this persecution. That’s true, but they shouldn’t use that to dominate."

The former reporter told Playboy that she is not anti-Jewish, just anti – Israel, saying she thinks Jews are wonderful people. :I’m not anti-Jewish," clarified Thomas, "I’m anti-Zionist. I am anti Israel taking what doesn’t belong to it. If you have a home and you’re kicked out of that home, you don’t come and kick someone else out."

Slinger
19-03-11, 11:29
Playboy magazine

Bar
19-03-11, 11:47
Thomas appeared to show no regret for last year's comments, reiterating in the Playboy interview her belief that "Israelis have the right to exist-but where they were born."

In 2010 waren 70% van de Israeli's Sabra's (in Israel geborenen).