PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : S. Korean Towers Spark Outrage for Evoking World Trade Center on 9/11

Samir75017
12-12-11, 12:29
S. Korean Towers Spark Outrage for Evoking World Trade Center on 9/11
December 9, 2011

http://cdn.newsoxy.com/2011/12/korea-apartment-twin-towers-e1323632257851.jpg

A South Korea new apartment building design by a Dutch Architectural firm has sparked outrage over its Twin Towers idea. The blueprints and design look like the World Trade Center when it exploded. The new tower block in Seoul resembles the 9/11 attacks.

However, the Dutch architects insist they had not noticed the similarity, and has apologized, reports the Weekly Standard. “It was not our intention to create an image resembling the attacks,” the designers insist, “nor did we see the resemblance during the design process,” said a statement from Rotterdam-based MVRDV.

The design for the luxury apartment buildings, known as “The Cloud” was for two towers, one approximately 850 feet tall and the other 980 feet, connected by what the company calls “a pixilated cloud of additional program offering amenities and outside spaces with wide views.

“The Cloud was designed based on parameters such as sunlight, outside spaces, living quality for inhabitants and the city. It is one of many projects in which MVRDV experiments with a raised city level to reinvent the often solitary typology of the skyscraper.”

But the cloud effect, surrounding the towers’ 27th floors, looks like the exploding twin towers.

A statement on the MVRDV website says, “It was not our intention to create an image resembling the attacks nor did we see the resemblance during the design process. We sincerely apologize to anyone whose feelings we have hurt, it was not our intention.”

However the Weekly Standard reports that Jan Knikker of MVRDV told a Dutch language newspaper, “I have to admit that we also thought of the 9/11 attacks.”

International Business Times

knuppeltje
12-12-11, 12:49
Wel een heel brutaal ontwerp.

Samir75017
12-12-11, 14:50
Dutch design.

No comment. I wonder how they could do that.

knuppeltje
13-12-11, 09:00
Dutch design.

Waarom niet?

koeskoesje
13-12-11, 09:14
Dutch design.

NIET De eerste de beste Nederlandse architect; i assure you.

knuppeltje
13-12-11, 10:13
NIET De eerste de beste Nederlandse architect; i assure you.

Een maatschap, of compagnonschap, bestaande uit vijf partners. De afkorting MVRDV verwijst naar de namen van die vijf. Maar ze zijn niet zomaar de eerste de beste. Wel iets meer dan dat.