PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : French teen attacked for wearing Muslim veil

Samir75017
14-08-13, 03:20
13 Aug 2013, 18:09

France witnessed another apparent incident of violent Islamophobia on Tuesday, after it was reported that a 16-year-old girl in the suburbs of Paris was attacked and had her Islamic veil torn off her face.

The teen victim was leaving a friend’s house in Trappes, the same Paris suburb that saw violent clashes between youths and police last month, at around 5.45pm on Monday, when two “European-looking” men confronted her near Square Berlioz, according to reports in French media.

The assailants allegedly shouted racist and anti-Muslim insults at the girl and then brandished a boxcutter, before tearing off her veil, pushing her to the ground, and hitting her.

The victim was saved when a third man intervened, and the attackers – one of whom was describd as having a shaved head,– fled the area by car.

The teen victim was driven to hospital in Trappes, in the department of Yvelines, where she was found to have “light scratch marks” on her face and throat, a source told French daily Le Parisien.

She reported the incident to local police on Tuesday.

French Interior Minister Manuel Valls later condemned the attack on Tuesday, expressing his “indignation” to French television BFMTV.

“I severely condemn this newest demonstration of anti-Muslim hatred and intolerance,” Valls said.

“Police services have been fully mobilised so that the authors of this unacceptable attack are identified, found, arrested and handed over to the courts,” he added.

The attack is the latest incident in recent weeks of Muslim women being set upon while wearing the Islamic veil.

In July, The Local reported how two days of rioting in Trappes were sparked when a woman in Islamic attire was stopped by police.

A month earlier, a Muslim woman had a miscarriage after allegedly being attacked by skinheads in the Paris suburb of Argenteuil, although it was not determined whether the assault caused the loss of her baby.

The alleged assault on the woman came just three weeks after another veiled Muslim woman in Argenteuil was targeted in a similar manner, and one week after Muslims in the neighbourhood clashed with police after officers attempted to arrest a woman in the street who was wearing the full Islamic veil in public.

The incidents come as Muslim leaders express concern about a rise in Islamophobia in France.

On Monday the rector of the Grande Mosque in Lyon spoke out after it emerged a French soldier had been planning an armed attack on a mosque.

Elsewhere on Tuesday a man was arrested for writing Islamophobic tags across several buildings in the southern city of Avignon.

The suspect was stopped by a police patrol unit after being caught on security camera.

More than half a dozen of the racist tags were daubed across buildings, including one on Unesco World Heritage site the “Palais des papes.”

French teen attacked for wearing Muslim veil - The Local (http://m.thelocal.fr/20130813/teen-girl-attacked-near-paris-for-wearing-muslim-veil)

Samir75017
15-08-13, 14:26
Aissetou, High school student

This shocking piece was written by a 16 year old girl who lives in the western Parisian suburb of Trappes. It first appeared on HuffPost France. Warning, strong language

Monday, August 12, at about 5.24pm, in Trappes

I was leaving a friend's house located at 7, square Van Gogh. I called another friend that I was supposed to meet at the Van Gogh bus station.

When I arrived in front of the gate, I noticed a new black Clio 4. I continued walking and the car moved and stopped just behind me. At the moment, I heard somebody shouting: "You, bitch, I'm talking to you!"

First, I thought they weren't talking to me, yet I told to myself "it's strange, there's nobody else in the street." I continued walking and suddenly two guys got out of the car and tore off my veil while insulting me: "You, slut and your veil!" I got really scared and I asked them: "What do you want from me?" The first guy was of an average height (1.70m-1.75m) weighing about 70 kg and he was in his twenties. He was a European with a shaved head who was wearing a black t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He started insulting me by saying: "You dirty Muslim, go back to your country! Take this off!"

The second guy grabbed my arms violently. He was a bit taller (1.85m-1.90m) and weighted about 90-100kg. He was also a European in his twenties, his head was shaved, and he was wearing a black pull and a pair of dark blue jeans. He shouted at me: "Shut your mouth, you bitch!" Then, he dragged me a few tens of meters away, in a place where there are hills and he covered my mouth to prevent me from shouting. Then, the second guy tried to push me to the ground and I continued shouting and fighting against them.

Then, he grabbed my arms trying to push me to the ground and he started to press his body against mine while he was holding my head. At that moment, the first guy started to touch my breasts. Then, he took a sharp object and started to scar my face with short and quick movements while the second guy was pressing his body against mine and he was blocking my head. The first guy said, "You dumb black bitch, is your God going to help you now?!" Then, I shouted "starfoullah" (Forgive me God) several times and he slapped me.

At that moment, a young man of about 16 or 17 who was riding a bike started shouting: "Let her go!" The two guys ran towards their car followed by the young man. Scared to death, I hurried to join my friend at the bus station.

I was walking home while I was telling her what had just happened. After a few meters, near square Léo Lagrange, I suffered an anxiety attack and I fainted. When I woke up, there were many people around me as well as two police agents. They asked questions about my identity, my age, what had happened, if I wore a veil, and I don't remember the rest. Firemen arrived some time later. The police left and I was driven to the hospital in Trappes. The attack happened quickly, so I don't remember all the insults.

I Was Attacked For Wearing A Muslim Veil | Aissetou (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aissetou/french-girl-attacked-for-wearing-muslim-veil_b_3754158.html?utm_hp_ref=world&ir=World)