PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : I have a dream...

Orakel
18-01-03, 20:09
In deze roerige tijden én op zijn verjaardag hebben zijn woorden nog steeds niets aan waarde ingeboet. Nog altijd actueel.

The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. We cannot be satisfied as long as the Negro's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Dr. Martin Luther King.

Donna
18-01-03, 20:21
Ai.... kippevel...... :)

Er is niets mooiers dan een goeie speech. Als die dan ook nog wordt uitgesproken door een persoon waar je groot respect voor hebt, dan kan een goeie speech meer doen dan tien jaar politiek getouwtrek of onderhandelingen. Soms is 1 speech genoeg om hele naties tegelijk aan het denken te zeggen. Het is jammer dat wij in Nederland amper zulke mensen hebben. Het is jammer dat er in Nederland zo weinig mensen zijn die je zo onvoorwaardelijk kunt bewonderen als bijvoorbeeld Martin luther King.

Maar dit vind ik ok nog steeds een hele mooie. En Koning Hussein is volgens mij een van de weinige mensen ter wereld die echt een koning was. En dat ook aan alle kanten uitstraalde. En hetzelfde geldt voor Rabin, het is nog steeds echt een drama dat die man er niet meer is. Het is jammer dat we nu niet van dit soort sterke en gepassioneerde leiders hebben in de wereld, ik kan er althans nu niet 1 noemen.

Eulogy for the Late Prime Minister and Defense Yitzhak Rabin by His Majesty King Hussein of Jordan

Mt. Herzl, Jerusalem
6 November 1995

My sister, Mrs. Leah Rabin, my friends, I had never thought that the moment would come like this when I would grieve the loss of a brother, a colleague and a friend - a man, a soldier who met us on the opposite side of a divide whom we respected as he respected us. A man I came to know because I realized, as he did, that we have to cross over the divide, establish a dialogue, get to know each other and strive to leave for those who follow us a legacy that is worthy of them. And so we did. And so we became brethren and friends.

I've never been used to standing, except with you next to me, speaking of peace, speaking about dreams and hopes for generations to come that must live in peace, enjoy human dignity, come together, work together, to build a better future which is their right. Never in all my thoughts would it have occurred to me that my first visit to Jerusalem and response to your invitation, the invitation of the Speaker of the Knesset, the invitation of the president of Israel, would be on such an occasion.

You lived as a soldier, you died as a soldier for peace and I believe it is time for all of us to come out, openly, and to speak our piece, but here today, but for all the times to come. We belong to the camp of peace. We believe in peace. We believe that our one God wishes us to live in peace and wishes peace upon us, for these are His teachings to all the followers of the three great monotheistic religions, the children of Abraham.

Let's not keep silent. Let our voices rise high to speak of our commitment to peace for all times to come, and let us tell those who live in darkness who are the enemies of life, and through faith and religion and the teachings of our one God, this is where we stand. This is our camp. May God bless you with the realization that you must join it and we pray that He will, but otherwise we are not ashamed, nor are we afraid, nor are we anything but determined to fulfill the legacy for which my friend fell, as did my grandfather in this very city when I was with him and but a young boy. He was a man of courage, a man of vision and he was endowed with one of the greatest virtues that any man can have. He was endowed with humility. He felt with those around him and in a position of responsibility, he placed himself, as I do and have done, often, in the place of the other partner to achieve a worthy goal. And we achieved peace, an honorable peace and a lasting peace. He had courage, he had vision, and he had a commitment to peace, and standing here, I commit before you, before my people in Jordan, before the world, myself to continue with our utmost, to ensure that we leave a similar legacy. And when my time comes, I hope it will be like my grandfather's and like Yitzhak Rabin's.

May your spirit rise high and may it sense how the people of Jordan, my family, the people of Israel, decent people throughout the world feel today. So many live and so many inevitably die. This is the will of God. This is the way of all, but those who are fortunate and lucky in life, those who are greater, those who leave something behind, and you are such a man, my friend.

The faces in my country amongst the majority of my people and our armed forces and people who once were your enemies are somber today and their hearts are heavy. Let's hope and pray that God will give us all guidance, each in his respective position to do what he can for the better future that Yitzhak Rabin sought with determination and courage. As long as I live, I'll be proud to have known him, to have worked with him, as a brother and as a friend, and as a man, and the relationship of friendship that we had is something unique and I am proud of that.

On behalf of the people of Jordan, my large Jordanian family, my Hashemite family, to all those who belong to the camp of peace, our deepest sympathies, our deepest condolences as we share together this moment of remembrance and commitment, to continue our struggle for the future of generations to come, as did Yitzhak Rabin, and to fulfill his legacy. Thank you.

Orakel
18-01-03, 20:48
that we have to cross over the divide, establish a dialogue, get to know each other and strive to leave for those who follow us a legacy that is worthy of them.

Dit is waar het om zou moeten gaan.
Het wordt tegenwoordig nog wel geroepen, weliswaar niet zo expliciet maar toch.
Het lijken echter meer holle fraseringen dan authentieke en bezielende visies.
Is het de prijs van de welvaart en hebben we het te goed tegenwoordig, dat we slechts nog bezig lijken te zijn met het aardse en niet of nauwelijks met de nalatenschap voor de komende generaties.
Verklaart dat ook de huidige verkiezingsretoriek, slechts diendend ter verwezenlijking of consolidering van macht?

Komt zo bij me op omdat er inderdaad weinig inspirerende leiders zijn tegenwoordig. Slechts Mandela kan nog overtuigen en inderdaad
kippe(n)vel oproepen.

Of bestaan en ontstaan dergelijke grootheden alleen in tijden van werkelijke ellende en onrecht?
De situatie in NL is niet te vergelijken met die van Mandela, King of Rabin, toen onvervreemdbare mensenrechten met voeten getreden werden en er met recht over veiligheid en integratie gesproken kon worden.
................uhmmmmm........

Donna
18-01-03, 21:03
Geplaatst door Orakel
[quote...]that we have to cross over the divide, establish a dialogue, get to know each other and strive to leave for those who follow us a legacy that is worthy of them.

Dit is waar het om zou moeten gaan.

[B]Sinds 11 september heeft de multiculturele samenleving in Nederland een aantal zware klappen te verwerken gehad. De verhouding tussen verschillende bevolkingsgroepen is onder druk komen te staan. Het onderlinge vertrouwen heeft een deuk opgelopen.

Ook bij de verkiezingen van 15 mei speelden spanningen in de multiculturele samenleving een grote rol. De discussie over de wijze waarop we samen leven in een multiculturele maatschappij is in volle gang. Wij verwelkomen dit debat, en zijn allen intensief betrokken bij de discussie over cultuur, religie, normen en waarden die is ontstaan. Maar we maken ons ook zorgen.

Waar het voorheen vrijwel onmogelijk was om open en eerlijk te discussiëren over de toekomst van de multiculturele samenleving, is Nederland in een snel tempo naar het andere uiterste aan het doorslaan. Het is inmiddels doodnormaal geworden om voltallige gemeenschappen ter verantwoording te roepen voor gedrag van individuen.

Deze vorm van discussie levert volgens ons niets op. In plaats van het vertrouwen te herstellen en mensen uit te dagen mee te praten, krijgen de multiculturele verhoudingen dagelijks meer klappen te verwerken. Het gevolg is een verrechtsing van de samenleving, een verharding van de cultuur, en het ontstaan van een ‘wij-zij’ gevoel. In plaats van mensen uit te dagen hun stem te laten horen, worden mensen in het defensief gedwongen. Het gevolg is dat mensen zich terugtrekken, elkaar niet meer vertrouwen, en regelrecht bang voor elkaar worden. En dat terwijl ze elkaar niet eens kennen. Misschien wel omdat ze elkaar niet eens kennen.

Wij laten het daar niet bij zitten. We ontkennen niet dat er problemen zijn, maar denken dat de huidige wijze van met elkaar omgaan niet helpt bij het zoeken naar een oplossing. Daarom willen wij laten zien dat het ook anders kan. We zijn een groep jonge Marokkaanse en autochtone Nederlanders die elkaar op internet hebben leren kennen, en samen willen laten zien dat er een grote zwijgende meerderheid in Nederland is die wel graag op een normale manier met elkaar om wil gaan. Door nu onze stem te laten horen, hopen wij dat we de negatieve sfeer bij kunnen stellen. Wij zullen niet accepteren dat een kwaadwillende minderheid het verpest voor de rest. In plaats van bang voor elkaar worden, willen wij elkaar beter leren kennen. Wij willen samen verder, en nodigen u uit zich bij ons aan te sluiten.

Missiestatement.......

Geplaatst door Orakel
Het wordt tegenwoordig nog wel geroepen, weliswaar niet zo expliciet maar toch.
Het lijken echter meer holle fraseringen dan authentieke en bezielende visies.
Is het de prijs van de welvaart en hebben we het te goed tegenwoordig, dat we slechts nog bezig lijken te zijn met het aardse en niet of nauwelijks met de nalatenschap voor de komende generaties.
Verklaart dat ook de huidige verkiezingsretoriek, slechts diendend ter verwezenlijking of consolidering van macht?

Komt zo bij me op omdat er inderdaad weinig inspirerende leiders zijn tegenwoordig. Slechts Mandela kan nog overtuigen en inderdaad
kippe(n)vel oproepen.

Of bestaan en ontstaan dergelijke grootheden alleen in tijden van werkelijke ellende en onrecht?
De situatie in NL is niet te vergelijken met die van Mandela, King of Rabin, toen onvervreemdbare mensenrechten met voeten getreden werden en er met recht over veiligheid en integratie gesproken kon worden.
................uhmmmmm........

Yep yep, very true.

Vooral dat laatste. Nederland is Zuid Afrika niet. Laten we dat zo houden ;)

Iemand anders nog een speech in de aanbieding?

Orakel en ik zijn het voornamelijk Heel Erg Met Elkaar Eens.

Ik ga nog effe zoeken naar een goeie speech......

Orakel
18-01-03, 21:14
Geplaatst door Donna
[B]Dit is waar het om zou moeten gaan.

Missiestatement.......

Van wie of wat is dat statement en waar kan/mag ik me aansluiten/stemmen/solidair verklaren..?

Gaan we daarna ff ruzie maken en ff lekker knetteren.. gewoon voor de gezellie... :denk:

Donna
18-01-03, 21:26
Geplaatst door Orakel
Van wie of wat is dat statement en waar kan/mag ik me aansluiten/stemmen/solidair verklaren..?

http://www.benjebangvoormij.nl

Gaan we daarna ff ruzie maken en ff lekker knetteren.. gewoon voor de gezellie... :denk: [/B][/QUOTE]

:fpuh: :fpuh: :)

Orakel
18-01-03, 21:27
Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and
violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge,
aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.

Martin Luther King, Jr., Nobel Prize acceptance speech, Stockholm, Sweden, December 11, 1964.

Wou ik net ruzie met je gaan maken, kom ik deze quote tegen.....

:Iluvu:

Donna
18-01-03, 21:33
Geplaatst door Orakel
Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and
violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge,
aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.

Martin Luther King, Jr., Nobel Prize acceptance speech, Stockholm, Sweden, December 11, 1964.

Wou ik net ruzie met je gaan maken, kom ik deze quote tegen.....

:Iluvu: :strik: :verliefd: :lole:

Ik ga eens even kijken hoe het met de integratie van de Marokkaanse jongeren in het centrum van Amsterdam gaat. Vavavond doe ik veldwerk in uitgaansgebied nieuwmarkt. :fpimp:

Ik zal morgen rapport uitbrengen op dit forum :hikkup:

:zwaai:

Malcolm_X
18-01-03, 21:36
"There is nothing in our book, the Koran, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That’s a good religion."
"Message to the Grass Roots," speech, Nov. 1963, Detroit (published in Malcolm X Speaks, ch. 1, 1965).

Orakel
18-01-03, 22:02
Geplaatst door Donna
:strik: :verliefd: :lole:

Ik ga eens even kijken hoe het met de integratie van de Marokkaanse jongeren in het centrum van Amsterdam gaat. Vavavond doe ik veldwerk in uitgaansgebied nieuwmarkt. :fpimp:

Ik zal morgen rapport uitbrengen op dit forum :hikkup:

:zwaai:

Have fun!

Orakel
18-01-03, 22:09
Geplaatst door Malcolm_X
"There is nothing in our book, the Koran, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That’s a good religion."
"Message to the Grass Roots," speech, Nov. 1963, Detroit (published in Malcolm X Speaks, ch. 1, 1965).

:p

"It doesn't mean that i advocate violence, but at the same time i'm not against violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defence, i call it intelligence".

Malcolm X.

Simon
18-01-03, 22:21
Geplaatst door Orakel
In deze roerige tijden én op zijn verjaardag hebben zijn woorden nog steeds niets aan waarde ingeboet. Nog altijd actueel.

Ik heb een andere versie gevonden maar zal op dezelfde plek beginnen:

The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. We cannot be satisfied as long as the Negro's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow cells. Some of you have come from areas where your quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.

Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Maar eigenlijk moet je die stem horen:
audio fragment: (realplayer nodig)
http://www.minnesota-law.net/speeches/speech.html#4a

Orakel
18-01-03, 22:33
Maar eigenlijk moet je die stem horen:
audio fragment: (realplayer nodig)
http://www.minnesota-law.net/speeches/speech.html#4a

:) Thanx Simon. Geweldig om dat weer te horen!!

Simon
18-01-03, 22:36
En de video (ruim 10 minuten!)

(realplayer nodig)
http://www.earthstation1.com/Civil_Rights/MLK/MLK630828Video.ram

Orakel
18-01-03, 22:48
Geplaatst door Simon
En de video (ruim 10 minuten!)

(realplayer nodig)
http://www.earthstation1.com/Civil_Rights/MLK/MLK630828Video.ram

Ik blijf er bij.. als die man niet was vermoord was het echt wel de eerste zwarte president van Amerika geworden.

Pffffff, wat een mensen kreeg hij op de been zeg.
't is ook lang geleden dat er in Nederland es een goede demonstratie is gehouden, die ook nog eens effect heeft gehad.
Wat was de laatste eigenlijk? Woensdrecht of Borselle?

Simon
18-01-03, 22:53
Geplaatst door Orakel
Wat was de laatste eigenlijk? Woensdrecht of Borselle?

Vanmiddag drong een groep van 50 activisten bij vliegbasis Volkel binnen om de massavernietigingswapens van de amerikanen te inspecteren.

Simon

Orakel
18-01-03, 23:14
Geplaatst door Simon
Vanmiddag drong een groep van 50 activisten bij vliegbasis Volkel binnen om de massavernietigingswapens van de amerikanen te inspecteren.

Simon :D

Strakke actie.

Maar ik bedoel eigenlijk een actie of demonstratie van een grootte die Nederland op de grondvesten doet schudden en waar de media een week mee zoet zijn.

Er worden tegenwoordig gezinnen de straat op geflikkerd bij -10 celsius en je hoort niemand..
Er dreigt een oorlog met ongelofelijke gevolgen en je hoort bijna niemand...
De ziekenfondspremie wordt verdubbeld en je hoort niemand...

Simon
18-01-03, 23:25
Geplaatst door Orakel
De ziekenfondspremie wordt verdubbeld en je hoort niemand...

Nu ja hopen dat iedereen gaat stemmen. Maar je hebt gelijk, ik geloof dat men tegenwoordig het liefste massaal een condoleance register tekent op het Internet. Een petitie met de naam "Stop de Bezetting" is bijvoorbeeld al veel moeilijker.

Simon