PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Het interview met Saddam Hoessein.

Bahmed
05-02-03, 10:25
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38779000/jpg/_38779053_saddam150.jpg
Mr Benn met Saddam in Baghdad for the interview

Former Labour Cabinet Minister Tony Benn interviewed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein in Baghdad. The full text of that interview which was broadcast on the UK's Channel 4 news programme is as follows:

Benn: I come for one reason only - to see whether in a talk we can explore, or you can help me to see, what the paths to peace may be.
My only reason, I remember the war because I lost a brother. I never want to see another war.
There are millions of people all over the world who don't want a war, and by agreeing to this interview, which is very historic for all of us, I hope you will be able to help me be able to say something to the world that is significant and positive.

Saddam: Welcome to Baghdad. You are conscious of the role that Iraqis have set out for themselves, inspired by their own culture, their civilisation and their role in human history.
This role requires peace in order to prosper and progress. Having said that, the Iraqis are committed to their rights as much as they are committed to the rights of others.
Without peace they will be faced with many obstacles that would stop them from fulfilling their human role.

Benn: Mr President, may I ask you some questions. The first is, does Iraq have any weapons of mass destruction?

Saddam: Most Iraqi officials have been in power for over 34 years and have experience of dealing with the outside world.
Every fair-minded person knows that when Iraqi officials say something, they are trustworthy.
A few minutes ago when you asked me if I wanted to look at the questions beforehand I told you I didn't feel the need so that we don't waste time, and I gave you the freedom to ask me any question directly so that my reply would be direct.
This is an opportunity to reach the British people and the forces of peace in the world.
There is only one truth and therefore I tell you as I have said on many occasions before that Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction whatsoever.

Al-Qaeda
We challenge anyone who claims that we have to bring forward any evidence and present it to public opinion.

Benn: I have another which has been raised: Do you have links with al-Qaeda?

Saddam: If we had a relationship with al-Qaeda and we believed in that relationship we wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. Therefore I would like to tell you directly and also through you to anyone who is interested to know that we have no relationship with al-Qaeda.

Benn: In relation to the inspectors, there appears to be difficulties with inspectors, and I wonder whether there's anything you can tell me about these difficulties and whether you believe they will be cleared up before Mr Hans Blix and Mr ElBaradei come back to Baghdad?

Saddam: You are aware that every major event must encounter some difficulty.
On the subject of the inspectors and the resolutions that deal with Iraq you must have been following it and you must have a view and a vision as to whether these resolutions have any basis in international law.
Nevertheless the Security Council produced them. These resolutions - implemented or not - or the motivation behind these resolutions could lead the current situation to the path of peace or war. Therefore it's a critical situation.
Let us also remember the unjust suffering of the Iraqi people. For the last 13 years since the blockade was imposed, you must be aware of the amount of harm that it has caused the Iraqi people, particularly the children and the elderly, as a result of the shortage of food and medicine and other aspects of their life.
Therefore we are facing a critical situation.
On that basis, it is not surprising that there might be complaints relating to the small details of the inspection which may be essential issues as far as we are concerned and the way we see the whole thing. It is possible that those Iraqis who are involved with the inspection might complain about the conduct of the inspectors and they complain indeed.
It is also possible that some inspectors either for reasons of practical and detailed procedure, or for some other motives, may complain about the Iraqi conduct.

'No interest in war'
Every fair-minded person knows that as far as resolution 1441 is concerned, the Iraqis have been fulfilling their obligations under the resolution.
When Iraq objects to the conduct of those implementing the Security Council resolutions, that doesn't mean that Iraq wishes to push things to confrontation.
Iraq has no interest in war. No Iraqi official or ordinary citizen has expressed a wish to go to war.
The question should be directed at the other side. Are they looking for a pretext so they could justify war against Iraq?
If the purpose was to make sure that Iraq is free of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons then they can do that. These weapons do not come in small pills that you can hide in your pocket.
These are weapons of mass destruction and it is easy to work out if Iraq has them or not. We have said many times before and we say it again today that Iraq is free of such weapons.
So when Iraq objects to the conduct of the inspection teams or others, that doesn't mean that Iraq is interested in putting obstacles before them which could hinder the efforts to get to the truth.
It is in our interest to facilitate their mission to find the truth.
The question is does the other side want to get to the same conclusion or are they looking for a pretext for aggression? If those concerned prefer aggression then it's within their reach.
The super powers can create a pretext any day to claim that Iraq is not implementing resolution 1441.

Iraq and the UN
They have claimed before that Iraq did not implement the previous resolutions.
However, after many years it became clear that Iraq had complied with these resolutions. Otherwise, why are they focusing now on the latest resolution and not the previous ones?

Benn: May I broaden the question out, Mr President, to the relations between Iraq and the UN, and the prospects for peace more broadly, and I wonder whether with all its weaknesses and all the difficulties, whether you see a way in which the UN can reach that objective for the benefit of humanity?

Saddam: The point you raised can be found in the United Nations charter. As you know Iraq is one of the founders and first signatories of the charter.
If we look at the representatives of two super powers - America and Britain - and look at their conduct and their language, we would notice that they are more motivated by war than their responsibility for peace.
And when they talk about peace all they do is accuse others they wish to destroy in the name of peace.
They claim they are looking after the interests of their people. You know as well as I do that this is not the truth.
Yes the world would respect this principle if it was genuinely applied.
It's not about power but it is about right and wrong, about when we base our human relations on good, and respect this principle.
So it becomes simple to adhere to this principle because anyone who violates it will be exposed to public opinion.

Benn: There are people who believe this present conflict is about oil, and I wonder if you would say something about how you see the enormous oil reserves of Iraq being developed, first for the benefit of the people of Iraq and secondly for the needs of mankind.

Saddam: When we speak about oil in this part of the world - we are an integral part of the world - we have to deal with others in all aspects of life, economic as well as social, technical, scientific and other areas.
It seems that the authorities in the US are motivated by aggression that has been evident for more than a decade against the region.

'Hostility'
The first factor is the role of those influential people in the decision taken by the president of the US based on sympathy with the Zionist entity that was created at the expense of Palestine and its people and their humanity.
These people force the hand of the American administration by claiming that the Arabs pose a danger to Israel, without remembering their obligation to God and how the Palestinian people were driven out of their homeland.
The consecutive American administrations were led down a path of hostility against the people of this region, including our own nation and we are part of it.
Those people and others have been telling the various US administrations, especially the current one, that if you want to control the world you need to control the oil.
Therefore the destruction of Iraq is a pre-requisite to controlling oil. That means the destruction of the Iraqi national identity, since the Iraqis are committed to their principles and rights according to international law and the UN charter.
It seems that this argument has appealed to some US administrations especially the current one that if they control the oil in the Middle East, they would be able to control the world. They could dictate to China the size of its economic growth and interfere in its education system and could do the same to Germany and France and perhaps to Russia and Japan.
They might even tell the same to Britain if its oil doesn't satisfy its domestic consumption.
It seems to me that this hostility is a trademark of the current US administration and is based on its wish to control the world and spread its hegemony.
People have the right to say that if this aggression by the American administration continues, it would lead to widespread enmity and resistance.
We won't be able to develop the oil fields or the oil industry and therefore create worldwide co-operation as members of the human family when there is war, destruction and death.

Children
Isn't it reasonable to question this approach and conclude that this road will not benefit anyone including America or its people?
It may serve some short-term interests or the interests of some influential powers in the US but we can't claim that it serves the interest of the American people in the long run or other nations.

Benn: There are tens of millions, maybe hundreds of millions of people in Britain and America, in Europe and worldwide, who want to see a peaceful outcome to this problem, and they are the real Americans in my opinion, the real British, the real French, the real Germans, because they think of the world in terms of their children.
I have 10 grandchildren and in my family there is English, Scottish, American, French, Irish, Jewish, Indian, Muslim blood, and for me politics is about their future, their survival.
And I wonder whether you could say something yourself directly through this interview to the peace movement of the world that might help to advance the cause they have in mind?

Saddam: First of all we admire the development of the peace movement around the world in the last few years.
We pray to God to empower all those working against war and for the cause of peace and security based on just peace for all.
And through you we say to the British people that Iraqis do not hate the British people.
Before 1991 Iraq and Britain had a normal relationship as well as normal relations with America.
At that time the British governments had no reason to criticise Iraq as we hear some voices doing these days.
We hope the British people would tell those who hate the Iraqis and wish them harm that there is no reason to justify this war and please tell them that I say to you because the British people are brave - tell them that the Iraqis are brave too.
Tell the British people if the Iraqis are subjected to aggression or humiliation they would fight bravely.
Just as the British people did in the Second World War and we will defend our country as they defended their country each in its own way.
The Iraqis don't wish war but if war is imposed upon them - if they are attacked and insulted - they will defend themselves. They will defend their country, their sovereignty and their security.
We will not disappoint those who believe in the principles of justice.
And we will uphold the principles of justice and right that we strongly believe in.

Canaris
05-02-03, 10:55
Na, daar heeft onze Trotskist Tony (formerly known as Lord) Benn maar even knal hard toegslagen. Zijn vragen waren zo scherp geformuleerd en van een aanhoudende doelgerichtheid gekenmerkt, dat je letterlijk de zweetdruppeltjes op Sadam zijn voorhoofd zag staan. Man.. heeft mnr Benn, Sadam in een hoek gedreven. Eindelijk, daar zaten we op te wachten. Alles is nu duidelijk. Jammer dat mnr Ben niet 60 jaar eerder is geboren. Ik kan me voorstellen hoe hij de Reichskanzler onder vuur had genomen

Herr Reichskanzler, can you tell the British public something about the hostility towards the Jews in your country

Mnr H:
That is an example of how your media , are willing destructing the goodwill of our people. The German people want nothing but to life in peace with its neighbours, develop their economy and life in welfare. That is only possible, when the world is at peace and in stability. The mayor part of the German people have no problem with Jews at all. They work together, share the same social welfare and are willing to life in peace with each other. of course there are some disrupting elements who do not want this peace , as it coincides with there very own motives. These people I will personally hold responsible for the fact that the outside world talks in such degrading way about own country. Germany is one of the oldest countries in the world. We have produced so many talented people of all kinds backgrounds, who have contributed to the great history Germany has. We are willing to proceed on this path and are vigorous supporters of freedom and social welfare.

Lord Benn:
Mr Hitler, I have so many grand children and I donŽt want to see any of them dying in any war. I would like to know what you would say to my grandchildren.

Mr H.
The very fact that the Zionist under Herzl , are campaigning against us, they even declared war , after we came to power, the result of the democratic decision of the German people, the world has to know , we can not simply stand and let the anti German movement wash over us. It is not our fault, we did not want this.

herr Reichskanzler. Thank you very much for your frankness. I am sure , that many British will feel as I do, that this upcoming war will not benefit both countries.

Herr H.
Lord Benn I am much obliged, by the way, why did you bring that fucking asshole of Jew over as your personal assistant?

Bahmed
05-02-03, 12:02
Ik zie dat je je steentje hebt bijgedragen voor het in stand houden van het medelijden met de zionisten.
Maar je vergelijking slaat echt nergens op Canariepiet. Wie wil er hier een oorlog beginnen. Niet Saddam Hoesein.

Wat jij niet begrijpt is dat de leider van het Iraakse volk geen klein kindje is dat verantwoording moet afleggen aan jou. Ben je zijn moeder? De enige aan wie Irak verantwoording moet afleggen zijn de wapeninspecteurs. En Albaradei heeft gezegd dat Irak VN-resolutie 1441 tot nu toe niet heeft geschonden.

In het interview heeft de Westerse wereld eindelijk het standpunt van Saddam Hoesein gehoord na de dagelijkse propaganda van Bush. Ik weet dat het pijn doet maar Saddam heeft gehakt van hem gemaakt. En dat uit de losse pols zonder de vragen te hebben gezien. Bush lukt het niet eens foutloos zijn speeches voor te lezen. Verder heb ik ook nog geen enkele journalist antwoorden horen vragen over de chemische en biologische wapenleveranties door sommige van de huidige Amerikaanse leiders. Dat zou pas een hilarisch interview worden.

Die Mr Tony Benn heeft het goed aangepakt ook al mocht hij elke vraag stellen die hij wou. Hij weigert deel te nemen aan het nog meer zwartmaken van Saddam. Want voor je het weet gaan sommige mensen nog denken dat hij Hitler reincarnated is omdat hij een snor heeft.

Canaris
05-02-03, 12:13
Wat jij niet begrijpt is dat de leider van het Iraakse volk geen klein kindje is dat verantwoording moet afleggen aan jou. Ben je zijn moeder? De enige aan wie Irak verantwoording moet afleggen zijn de wapeninspecteurs. En Albaradei heeft gezegd dat Irak VN-resolutie 1441 tot nu toe niet heeft geschonden

1) Nee klopt. Sadam heeft verantwoorrding af teleggen aan zijn volk en niet aan mij.
Hij moet verantwoorden dat de Irakies niets meer te vreten hebben, geen asperientjes , peneciline etc meer hebben.

2) Sadam kiest voor zoŽn interview. Dan heb ik het recht zeggen, dat wat daar werd geboden een propganda show as, zonder inhoud. Polemiek op Polemiek, zonder ook maar 1antwoord op wat de wereld bezig houdt.

3) Irak schendt wel de resolutie. Jij kent blijbaar de resolutie niet.
"Irak moet bewijzen geen massavernietigings wapens meer te hebben" Daarom ook "Controleuren en niet Onderzoekers".
Je kunt ervan houden wat je wilt, maar de bewijslast ligt bij Irak, iets wat Irak sinds goed 7 jaar niet meer doet.

Canaris
05-02-03, 12:42
Fact is dat Sadam een Psychopaat , een diktator, een moordenaar en een kleptokraat is.

Maar

Hij is wel de Psychopaat , diktator, moordenaar en de kleptokraat van de Irakies.

Dus hun probleem.

de man boeit mij geen meter, en ben ervan overtuigd , dat al dat martialische gelul van Rumsfeld en Co het resultaat van een soort Self Fulfilling prophecy is.

Psychologisch met zekerheid gedreven door 9-11 (Hij heeft Sarin, Hij kan dat eventueel aan Bin Laden en Co verkopen en we laten de hele wereld zien hoe wij daarmee omgaan) , maar faktisch is het een opgezette politische theorie, welke een eigen leven is gaan leiden.

Ik ben ervan overtuigd, dat wij in 10 jaar docus gaan zien, welke ons achter de schermen laten kijken en wij allemaal met open bek de waanzin-10-hoog krijgen voorgeschotelt.

Iemand zal ooit zeggen "waarom heeft daar niemand de stekker uit getrokken?"

Bahmed
05-02-03, 13:01
1) Nee klopt. Sadam heeft verantwoorrding af teleggen aan zijn volk en niet aan mij.
Hij moet verantwoorden dat de Irakies niets meer te vreten hebben, geen asperientjes , peneciline etc meer hebben.

En wat is zijn verantwoording? Door het embargo van voornamelijk de VS dat nu al 13 jaar duurt. Maar toch is de wederopbouw van het land met succes weer op gang gezet door Saddam. En opnieuw willen de VS en GB de Irakezen opnieuw terug naar Babylon blazen.

2) Sadam kiest voor zoŽn interview. Dan heb ik het recht zeggen, dat wat daar werd geboden een propganda show as, zonder inhoud. Polemiek op Polemiek, zonder ook maar 1antwoord op wat de wereld bezig houdt.
Nee Canarie, het zou pas een propagandashow zijn als de vragen ook van tevoren bekend waren bij Saddam. Maar dat waren ze niet. Want de interviewer mocht elke vraag stellen die hij wilde. De laatste keer dat een journalist een kritische vraag aan Bush stelde noemde hij hem achterlijk. En als het volgens jou wel propaganda is wat Saddam voor antwoorden gaf dan moet je me even aangeven welke antwoorden dat waren. Voor mij was zijn verhaal duidelijk en niet meer als een kijkje in de Arabische denkwereld. Als jij je oogkleppen op wil houden dan ga je je gang maar.

3) Irak schendt wel de resolutie. Jij kent blijbaar de resolutie niet.
"Irak moet bewijzen geen massavernietigings wapens meer te hebben" Daarom ook "Controleuren en niet Onderzoekers".
Je kunt ervan houden wat je wilt, maar de bewijslast ligt bij Irak, iets wat Irak sinds goed 7 jaar niet meer doet.
Je moet ook kijken naar waarom Irak in 1998 de wapeninspecteurs het land uitgooide. Dat was door bewezen spionage voor de VS en Israel die de bombardementen vergemakkelijkt hebben.
Irak heeft een 12000 pagina tellend rapport overhandigd. De wetenschappers mogen ondervraagd worden. De huizen van de Iraakse leider mogen dit keer zelfs gecontroleerd worden. Wat wil je dan nog meer. Is dat niet cooperation genoeg? En toch blijft Bush alleen over oorlog praten.
Het gaat dus niet om medewerking maar om een voorwendsel zoeken door de VS voor een oorlog.

ps. Heb je het interview eigenlijk wel gezien?

Canaris
05-02-03, 13:17
Luister goed Bahmed

Ik zit in een onmogenlijke positie

Ten eerste komt de trotskistische hol-kever Tony Ben Naar Bagdad en gaat Sadam Interviewen. Die twee kennen elkaar al jaren. Tony Benn is sinds jaren aktief lid van de Anglo Arabische vriendschapsverening, een soort Crypto kommunistisceh vereniging met een hoeveelheid vage mensen welke alemaal 2 dingen samen hebben. de aversie voor zowel de USA als ook Israel.

Tony benn is geen reporter. Tony Benn is een Links radikale politcus , welke sinds jaren dezelfde rethoriek van zich afgeeft. Waarom denk je dat juist Lord Benn daar zat?

ten tweede
De UNO heeft in 1992 (?) een grandioos fout gemaakt met bijna historische proporties, aan welke wij nu nog knagen.

Ik haal even ut.
1 van de belangrijkste oorzaken , of Katalisatoren , welke de tweede wereld orloog heeft veroorzaakt waren de contracten van Versaille.

Men schijnt nog steeds niet hebben geleerd, dat vreemde mogendheden met knevelcontracten juist het tegenovergestelde berijken, van wat men oorspronkelijk beaamde. Helemaal als dat soort contracten (modernistisch Embargos) zo lang duren , dat veel mensen een "normale" toestand niet eens meer kunnen herinneren. Alles wordt staus Quo en dat wordt door de bewindslieden handig uitgespeeld. De onrust binnen de iraakse bevoking is nooit dat geworden , wat men dacht te berijken met deze embargos. Ik mag er toch van uitgaan , dat men toentertijd ook wil wist dat Sadam zijn land eerder als een soort Masada zag, waar men liever de kinderen van de rotsen gooiden als ze aan de vijand te overhandigen.

DE Embargos zijn er echter, maar er komt geen resultaat bij uit.
Eenzijdig die embargos op teheven zonder het doel te hebben berijkt, lijkt mij zeer sterk een soort Hoge leve Sadam aktie. De embargos echter handhaven dient absoluut niemand.

Nu dan, de USA zeggen, dan gaan we korte metten maken, en zorgen ervoor dat Irak zonder embargos en Sadam kan leven

Ik zie dat als onaanvaardbare interventie in een autonoom land.

Ik heb echter ook geen antwoord op de problematiek rond de Embargos.