PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Onze profeet Mohammed kon lezen en schrijven!

zorro
07-02-03, 20:30
Saheeh Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 65: Narrated Anas bin Malik

Once the Prophet wrote a letter or had an idea of writing a letter. The Prophet was told that they (rulers) would not read letters unless they were sealed. So the Prophet got a silver ring made with "Muhammad Allah's Apostle" engraved on it. As if I were just observing its white glitter in the hand of the Prophet

Saheeh Muslim Book 024, Number 5217

Anas reported that when Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) decided to write (letters) to non-Arabs (i. e. Persian and Byzantine Emperors) it was said to him that the non-Arabs would not accept a letter but that having a seal over it; so he (the Holy Prophet) got a silver ring made. He (Anas) said: I perceive as if I am looking at its brightness in his hand.

Saheeh Muslim Book 024, Number 5216

Anas b. Malik reported that when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) decided to write letters to the Byzantine (Emperor) they (his Companions) told him that they would not read a letter unless it is sealed. (Then) Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had a silver ring made (for himealf), (its shape is to vivid in my mind) as if I see its brightness in the band of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and its engravement was (Mubamrnad, Messenger of Allah).

Saheeh Muslim Book 024, Number 5218

Anas reported that when Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) decided to write to the Kisri (the King of Persia), Caesar (Emperor of Rome), and the Negus (the Emperor of Abyssinia), it was said to him that they would not accept the letter without the seal over it; so Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) got a seal made, the ring of which was made of silver and there was engraved on it. (Mubammad. the Messenger of Allah).

Saheeh Muslim Book 041, Number 7009

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Dajjal is blind of one eye and there is written between his eyes the word" Kafir". He then spelled the word as k. f. r., which every Muslim would be able to read.

[The traditionalists claim that when Angel Gabriel came to Muhammad in the cave at Mount Hira that he commanded him to read/recite, and Muhammad announced, "I cannot read." He then commands him to read/recite. Again, Muhammad claims "I cannot read." etc. They claim that this happened about four times, each time Muhammad told the Angel that he couldn't read, the Angel then attacked and choked Muhammad harder and harder each time until Muhammad answered, "What shall I read?" Do you believe it? The angel gets violent with Muhammad because he allegedly cannot read because he is ďilliterate." If he could not read, then why did the Angel continue to harass him? Wouldn't the angel been notified by The God that the man was illiterate before he commanded him to READ? The God not only dictated to him a few lines, he dictated to him 114 chapters of the Quran, yet we still do not believe that Muhammad did not know how to read or write?] Part of this story is as follows:

Saheeh Bukhari Volume 1, Book 1, Number 3: Narrated 'Aisha

The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3)

[It was reported and believed, and boasted, in traditions and history that before spreading the message to the Arabs, Muhammad was a merchant for his first wife, Khadijah. It is said that he was a great, honest, merchant and was praised highly for his sales and dealership. A man dealing with numbers and letters every day of his life, and with sales, credit, trading, doing mathematics, writing contracts, etc. must've known how to read and write. During Muhammadís time, there was no number system, but each letter stood for a number, (Alif=1, etc.), so in order to deal and trade and sell, he mustíve known the alphabet. Out of logic and reasoning, it would be stupid to believe that he was an illiterate man. (You can find this information in Hadeeth Compilations such as Bukhari)]

[Other hadith stories claim that Muhammad's paternal Uncle, Abu Talib was a Reader of the previous scriptures, and knew how to read and write. Historical references claim that Prophet Muhammad's parents died when he was young and was cared for by Abu Talib. (Abu Talib was a literate man who was known for his knowledge of the previous scriptures). Abu Talib's son, Ali, the cousin of Muhammad, also was a great writer and wrote many pieces on Islam throughout his life. The people he was constantly surrounded with were all literate including Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Zaid ibn Thabit, his adopted son, and his family members, yet poor Prophet Muhammad was never taught to read or write. Almost all of Muhammadís immediate companions were literate characters, yet Muhammad was not taught to read or write by anyone. Although Abu Talib taught his own son, Ali, to read and write, He never taught Muhammad how to read or write, yet he took care of him for most of his life. The Arabs of Muhammadís time and region were known for their exquisite prose and poetry. Writing was not something new to the Arabians. Peace treaties, religious documents, laws and regulations, and various other written documents were known to have been in circulation at various times in Arabia. The Jewish and Nazarene scriptures were also known to have been written and read by the many Jews and Nazarenes of Arabia. ]

[Also interesting to note is that Muhammad belonged to the Quraish tribe of Arabia. They were they leaders of their city and the most powerful and educated. Surprisingly, Muhammad did not receive any such education throughout his life, while those closest to him were known through historical references to be literate peoples.]