PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Amman 'honour killer' gets one year

jaja
02-06-03, 12:50
Amman 'honour killer' gets one year

A man from Amman has been sentenced to a one year prison term for strangling to death a sister who had become pregnant out of wedlock, the Jordan Times has reported.
In a case seen as highlighting the continually lenient punishments meted out for so-called honour killings, the 20-year-old was found guilty of a "misdemeanour" committed in a "fit of rage" rather than premeditated murder.
According to the court transcript, the man's sister had become pregnant after allegedly being raped by a neighbour, whom her family subsequently decided she must marry.
But news of the illegitimate pregnancy leaked in the neighbourhood, and the man, who was away on business in the town of Aqaba at the time, said he returned to taunts that he was the "brother of a slut".
The morning after his return, he crept into his sister's room and strangled her with a telephone cord, in what the court described as a "fit of rage".
"The victim's actions were an unlawful and dangerous act that brought disgrace and shame to her family," read the court's ruling, quoted by the newspaper. "He could no longer control himself and became very angry."
"It does not matter that the defendant killed his sister hours after returning from Aqaba. He was still under the influence of extreme anger, which caused him to lose his ability because of the unlawful act committed by his sister."
'Fits of rage'
Although the Jordanian Government amended the penal code 18 months ago to scrap impunity for men who carry out honour killings, women's rights groups say in practice it has made little impact, noting that the number of killings has stayed constant.
Those found guilty of such killings rarely receive sentences longer than one year, and many serve terms of one month.
This is explained in part by legislation which reduces sentences for crimes committed in a "fit of rage" sparked by an "unlawful action" on the part of the victim.
These articles were not included in the government's amendments, but are frequently used by judges when dealing with honour killings.
According to the Jordan Times, actions such as leaving the family home for a period or uttering words such as "This is my life. I am free to do as I choose" were all considered unlawful acts in verdicts on honour killings issued last year.
The United Nations estimates that at least 5,000 women per year are victims of honour killings. Many murders are thought to go unreported.
Most of these killings occur in Muslim countries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2954060.stm

lennart
02-06-03, 13:00
:fplet:
Terschelling is de bakermat van de beschaving.

en anders Syrie.

Puk
02-06-03, 14:40
This is my life. I am free to do as I choose.

Tomas
02-06-03, 14:54
Geplaatst door Puk
This is my life. I am free to do as I choose.

Ik dacht dat jij een ban had tot 10 juli?

Ff de kalender checkuh...

Nee. Hoe zit dat?

Puk
02-06-03, 15:58
Geplaatst door Tomas
Ik dacht dat jij een ban had tot 10 juli?

Ff de kalender checkuh...

Nee. Hoe zit dat?

Ik??? Een ban??

Nee hoor. Je vergist je.

:jumping:

Tomas
02-06-03, 20:27
Geplaatst door EdV
Als sommige mensen het woord "eer" in de mond nemen weet je dat het stinkt.

Ik lees ook steeds vaker dat, als het naar mijn maatstaven om een regelrecht asociale klootzak gaat, het eigenlijk iemand is met veel eergevoel of anders wel respect heel erg belangrijk vindt. Dat soort dingen. Daar leer ik dan weer van.

Orakel
02-06-03, 20:56
Geplaatst door jaja
Amman 'honour killer' gets one year

A man from Amman has been sentenced to a one year prison term for strangling to death a sister who had become pregnant out of wedlock, the Jordan Times has reported.

According to the court transcript, the man's sister had become pregnant after allegedly being raped by a neighbour, whom her family subsequently decided she must marry.The United Nations estimates that at least 5,000 women per year are victims of honour killings. Many murders are thought to go unreported.
Most of these killings occur in Muslim countries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2954060.stm

In Muslim country's but not by Muslims if i may say so.

:kotsen: :kotsen2:

Vraag me af wat ze dan toch met die buurman hebben gedaan die haar verkracht heeft?

Dom geboren, niks bijgeleerd. :moe:

jaja
03-06-03, 09:15
Geplaatst door Orakel
In Muslim country's but not by Muslims if i may say so.

:kotsen: :kotsen2:

Vraag me af wat ze dan toch met die buurman hebben gedaan die haar verkracht heeft?

Dom geboren, niks bijgeleerd. :moe: met die buurman moest ze trouwen, dus ... ik denk niet dat hij veel problemen heeft gehad. Wellicht komt er nog een rechter op het idee om hem aan te klagen voor verkrachting, maar alles wat er om heen gebeurt geeft weinig hoop....
Overigens, het is dus wel de hele samenleving al daar ... niet alleen de familie "But news of the illegitimate pregnancy leaked in the neighbourhood, and the man, who was away on business in the town of Aqaba at the time, said he returned to taunts that he was the "brother of a slut"." geeft aan dat de buurt het ook allemaal op de zus gooide, niet iemand anders ... Dat familie-eer gelazer....

Bart
03-06-03, 11:09
Geplaatst door jaja
met die buurman moest ze trouwen, dus ... ik denk niet dat hij veel problemen heeft gehad. Wellicht komt er nog een rechter op het idee om hem aan te klagen voor verkrachting, maar alles wat er om heen gebeurt geeft weinig hoop....
Overigens, het is dus wel de hele samenleving al daar ... niet alleen de familie "But news of the illegitimate pregnancy leaked in the neighbourhood, and the man, who was away on business in the town of Aqaba at the time, said he returned to taunts that he was the "brother of a slut"." geeft aan dat de buurt het ook allemaal op de zus gooide, niet iemand anders ... Dat familie-eer gelazer....

Dat denk ik ook. Het is toch niet voor te stellen dat een verkrachting van iemand die er niks aan kon doen (verkrachting is immers een machtsmisdrijf, meer dan een sexueel misdrijf) in de schoenen van het slachtoffer wordt geschoven? En of het nou komt door de religie of de cultuur, dat maakt geen zak uit. Het blijft verwerpelijk in onze westerse ogen. En dat moet zo in ieders ogen zijn. Want Orakel, je maakt mij niet wijs dat er ook maar enige rechtvaardiging is voor het beschuldigen van het slachtoffer van een machtsmisdrijf in welke religie of cultuur dan ook.

Die kerel is er gewoon mee weggekomen, lijkt me. Dat gaat nu eenmaal zo in een machomaatschappij.

observer
03-06-03, 12:42
Vraag me af wat ze dan toch met die buurman hebben gedaan die haar verkracht heeft? niets want tenzij er 4 mannelijk getuigen zijn, de getuigenis van een vrouw telt niet

waarom hebben alle geloven dat ,? ze zeggen dat alleen Hij de Hoogste God Himself kan oordelen en vervolgens doen de gelovigen het toch zelf

Orakel
03-06-03, 17:54
Geplaatst door Bart
Want Orakel, je maakt mij niet wijs dat er ook maar enige rechtvaardiging is voor het beschuldigen van het slachtoffer van een machtsmisdrijf in welke religie of cultuur dan ook.

Die kerel is er gewoon mee weggekomen, lijkt me. Dat gaat nu eenmaal zo in een machomaatschappij.

Hoi Bart,

Ik kan jou niks wijs maken waar ik zelf niet in geloof.
Ik ben normaliter niet voor stenigen, maar voor deze verkrachter maak ik graag een uitzondering.
Of dat ie op z'n minst zo'n ongelofelijke trap in zijn kruis krijgt dat ie tot z'n dood 7 octaven hoger zit en 'm nooit meer overeind krijgt.

JaJa heeft gelijk met zijn opmerking over de familie-eer. Dat begrip wordt ook verkracht.
Ik ken er genoeg wiens eer er uit zou blijken om die verkrachter een kopje kleiner te maken, i.p.v. het slachtoffer de schuld te geven.

En dan willen ze ook nog dat zij met de dader trouwt. :schok:

:motorzaag Zijn ballen........