PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Bush: Ik heb juist gehandeld!

Victory
09-07-03, 16:03
Bush confident on his war decision

http://www.iribnews.com/newspic/03/07/09/bush1-jam.jpg

5:08:07 PM
Pretoria, July 9 - US President George W. Bush said Wednesday he was "absolutely confident" he made the right decision to invade Iraq, despite White House admissions he overstated its efforts to obtain uranium.

But Bush sidestepped a reporter's question about the White House's formal confirmation that he had overstated Saddam Hussein's alleged attempts to acquire uranium from Africa for his nuclear program.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein was a threat to the world peace and there is no doubt in my mind the United States along with our allies and friends did the right thing in removing him from power," Bush said.

"I am absolutely confident in the decision I made," he said at a joint press appearance in Pretoria with South African President Thabo Mbeki.

In his state of the union address in January, Bush said "the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

The White House said the statement should not have been included in the address because it rested on flawed intelligence.

The charge stemmed from forged documents alleging that Iraq sought uranium "yellow cake" from Niger, and from separate information that Saddam sought the radioactive material from other African nations, said White House National Security Spokesman Michael Anton on Tuesday.

Oh oh..... bush begint al een beetje rood te worden.

De Rode Roos
09-07-03, 16:36
wat kan die anders zeggen? "Ik heb gelogen en de boel opgeblazen"?
De meeste mensen weten al dat alles bij elkaar is gelogen en dat de VS van Iraq een nog grotere puinhoop hebben gemaakt dan waarin Saddam ooit in staat zou zijn geweest. "Well done Bush, well DONE!" :(

De enige manier waarop ze het nog kunnen goedmaken is stoppen met dat neo-conservatieve buitenlandse beleid. Iraq militair totaal verlaten en honderden miljarden dollars aan dat land doneren. Dan een echt internationaal reconstructiemacht van technici, dokters, architecten, etc inhuren voor een paar jaar totaal op de kosten van de VS. Vervolgens oliebronnen aan de Iraqi's overlaten en niet zelf ff een winstje bij pakken. Het kost een hoop geld, maar dan hadden ze Irak maar niet moeten proberen te koloniseren.