PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : webmaster www.raisethefist.com 1 year jail for free thinking!

plexus
11-08-03, 12:15
Sherman Austin, webmaster of RaisetheFist.com, was sentenced today, August 4, 2003, to one year in federal prison, with three years of probation. Judge Wilson shocked the courtroom when he went against the recommendation of not only the prosecution, but the FBI and the Justice Department, who had asked that Austin be sentenced to 4 months in prison, and 4 months in a half-way house, with 3 years of probation.

hele artikel - >link (http://www.raisethefist.com/index1.html)

Dit is dus absoluut niet cool!
---

http://www.raisethefist.com/spro.gif

lennart
11-08-03, 12:31
Is dat die gast die de bak is in gegooid omdat hij online uitlegde hoe je autobommen en dat soort werk kan maken?

lennart
11-08-03, 12:33
On Jan 24, 2002 , my home was surrounded and raided by approximately 25 heavily armed FBI and Secret Service agents in one of the governments first attempts to exercise the new US Patriot Act. I was interrogated for several hours while they ransacked my room and they seized a network of computers which I used to run my web site raisethefist.com. They also seized protest signs, and political literature. Their excuse was a protest guide (which I didn't author) that was posted to my site which a small portion contained information on explosives. The FBI had been monitoring the site long before this was ever posted, and long before Sept 11. The "explosives information" on my site (again which I didn't author) doesn't compare to what you an find on any other web sites such as howthingswork.com, Loompanics.com, Bombshock.com, Totse.com, Amazon.com, or the many neo nazi web sites which cover everything from assassinations, explosives, fraud and firearms. It's obvious a web surfer interested in making a bomb or taking part in other extra-illegal activities would not have to rely on Raisethefist.com. So how could the "bomb making information" on raisethefist.com be a concern to authorities? It wasn't a concern, it was simply used an excuse to exercise the new Patriot Act and take down the site. And that's what they did when federal agents spent 5-6 hours interrogating me while they disassembled each computer one by one , mirrored each hard drive, then loaded everything into a big white truck. During this whole process I was told I wasn't going to be arrested, and that I could even leave if I wanted to. Once the agents finished packing everything up, Special Agent John I. Pi, who was conducting the investigation and raid said that I had crossed a line, and as long as I got back on the other side of that line I'd be okay.

Ah ok, bijna goed dus.

plexus
11-08-03, 12:39
Geplaatst door lennart
Is dat die gast die de bak is in gegooid omdat hij online uitlegde hoe je autobommen en dat soort werk kan maken?

als dat zo was dan zat ie al lang op Guantanamo!