PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Farah tried to plead with the US troops but she was killed anyway

lennart
07-09-03, 17:16
Farah tried to plead with the US troops but she was killed anyway

The death of two innocent Iraqis was thought so unremarkable the US military did not even report it, but Peter Beaumont says it reflects an increasingly callous disregard of civilian lives in coalition operations

Sunday September 7, 2003
The Observer

Farah Fadhil was only 18 when she was killed. An American soldier threw a grenade through the window of her apartment. Her death, early last Monday, was slow and agonising. Her legs had been shredded, her hands burnt and punctured by splinters of metal, suggesting that the bright high-school student had covered her face to shield it from the explosion.
She had been walking to the window to try to calm an escalating situation; to use her smattering of English to plead with the soldiers who were spraying her apartment building with bullets.

But then a grenade was thrown and Farah died. So did Marwan Hassan who, according to neighbours, was caught in the crossfire as he went looking for his brother when the shooting began.

What is perhaps most shocking about their deaths is that the coalition troops who killed them did not even bother to record details of the raid with the coalition military press office. The killings were that unremarkable. What happened in Mahmudiya last week should not be forgotten, for the story of this raid is also the story of the dark side of the US-led occupation of Iraq, of the violent and sometimes lethal raids carried out apparently beyond any accountability.

For while the media are encouraged to count each US death, the Iraqi civilians who have died at American hands since the fall of Saddam's regime have been as uncounted as their names have been unacknowledged.

Mahmudiya is typical of the satellite towns that ring Baghdad, and the apartment block where Farah died was typical of the blocks to be found there - five storeys or so high, set among dusty paths lined with palms and stunted trees. In Saddam's time, the people who lived here were reasonably well-off - junior technicians for the nearby factories run by the Ministry of Military Industrialisation. These are not the poorest, but they are by no stretch of the imagination well-off.

When the Americans arrived, say neighbours, the residents of this cluster of blocks liked the young GIs. They say there were no problems and that their children played with the troops, while residents would give them food as the patrols passed by.

But all that came to a sudden bloody end at 12.30am last Monday, when soldiers arrived outside the apartment block where Farah and her family lived. What happened in a few minutes, and in the chaos of the hours that followed, is written across its walls. The bullet marks that pock the walls are spread in arcs right across the front of the apartment house, so widely spaced in places that the only conclusion you can draw is that a line of men stood here and sprayed the building wildly.

I stood inside and looked to where the men must have been standing, towards the apartment houses the other way. I could not find impacts on the concrete paths or on the facing walls that would suggest that there was a two-way firefight here. Whatever happened here was one-sided, a wall of fire unleashed at a building packed with sleeping families. Further examination shows powder burns where door locks had been shot off and splintered wood where the doors had been kicked in. All the evidence was that this was a raid that - like so many before it - went horribly wrong.

This is what the residents, and local police, told us had happened. Inside the apartment with Farah were her mother and a brother, Haroon, 13. As the soldiers started smashing doors, they began to kick in Farah's door with no warning. Panicking, and thinking that thieves were breaking into the apartment, Haroon grabbed a gun owned by his father and fired some shots to scare them off. The soldiers outside responded by shooting up the building and throwing grenades into Farah's apartment.

The randomness of that firing is revealed by a visit to the apartments. Windows are drilled with bullet holes; ceilings in kitchens and bedrooms and living areas are scarred where the rounds smashed in. Hodhbain Tohma was on the roof, fiddling with his new satellite dish to make it work, when the soldiers came. 'I heard the shooting first, then an explosion. Then I heard women screaming. I looked over the roof and saw a line of soldiers on the path firing weapons wildly towards the building as a helicopter arrived above us. The shooting all seemed to me to be on one side.'

Abdul Ali Hussein was in the apartment next door to Farah's when the shooting began. 'I was asleep when we heard the shooting, and then an explosion blew open my door and filled my apartment with smoke. I grabbed my family and took them to another room and covered them with my body.

'I went to see if anyone needed my help next door. I went into three rooms, saw Farah lying in the kitchen near the window. She was injured and burnt, but still alive. I ran to get cotton wrapping and bandages to try and treat her. We didn't have enough and so tore up a head-cloth to try and stop the bleeding. The soldier shouted at me: "Where are the fedayeen ?" They told me to leave her because she was dead.'

As we were talking, a weeping man in a head-cloth arrived - Qasam Hassan, the brother of the second fatality, Marwan. Qasam told us how Marwan died. 'When I heard the heavy shooting, I was in another apartment building visiting friends. My brother was worried, so he went out to look for me. He was not carrying any arms. He could not find me, and as he came back to the building the Americans shot him. He ran and fell behind the building and died. Among all of them they only had one translator. How could people know what was going on?'

What is most curious about this story is that, when I called the US military press office in Baghdad, it said it could find no record of the raid or of the deaths. It is curious because the police in Mahmudiya have told us how US military policemen delivered the bodies to their station the next morning; how the local commander had expressed his commiserations; how the same Iraqi police had complained that the new troops from the 82nd Airborne Division, who arrived fresh from the US last month, had apparently reversed the policy of the previous US unit in the town to take local police on raids.

It became less puzzling when I spoke to Nada Doumani, spokeswoman for the International Committee for the Red Cross, who confirmed what she has said before - that despite repeated requests from the Red Cross, it can neither get information nor figures on civilian deaths during raids.

What happened at Mahmudiya would be disturbing enough if it was unique, but it is not. It is part of a pattern that points not to a deliberate policy but perhaps to something equally worrying, an institutional lack of care among many in the US military for whether civilians are killed in their operations. It is not enough to say, as some defenders of the US military in Iraq do, that its soldiers are tired, frightened and under pressure from the simmering guerrilla attacks directed against them. For it is the impression that the US military gives of not caring about those innocent Iraqis that they kill that is stoking resentment.

Iraqis have been killed at vehicle checkpoints and killed in their homes in night-time raids. Policemen have been shot down doing what US forces have asked them to do, trying to keep the peace. Indeed, the allegations that US soldiers are too 'trigger happy' even led to complaints, in mid-August from Ibrahim al-Jaffri - then holding the rotating presidency of the Iraqi provisional government - urging US troops to exercise more care before firing.

'All we want are answers,' said Qassam Hassan. 'All we are asking for is justice.'
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1037081,00.html

Opnieuw bevestiging dat het doel van de Neo-con invasie niet beoeld was om vrijheid en democratie naar Iraq te brengen, maar chaos en ellende.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 17:29
Lennart:
Opnieuw bevestiging dat het doel van de Neo-con invasie niet beoeld was om vrijheid en democratie naar Iraq te brengen, maar chaos en ellende.

Duiveltje Lennart diaboliseert...

Het gaat de Ramboos gewoon enkel en alleen om macht.

Macht voor investeringen van hun ondernemingen en om greep op de olieprijs te krijgen...

Maar dat kunnen ze langzamerhand wel vergeten...

Ook al kussen Balkenende en Jaap nog zo smachtend de kont van Bush en Cheney... Het zal niet meer helpen!

lennart
07-09-03, 17:33
Macht voor investeringen van hun ondernemingen en om greep op de olieprijs te krijgen

Welnee, zo is het plan verkocht aan Bilderberg. Het echte plan is Clash of Civilizations, nucleaire oorlog.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 17:39
Geplaatst door lennart
Welnee, zo is het plan verkocht aan Bilderberg. Het echte plan is Clash of Civilizations, nucleaire oorlog.

Lennart, zie je wel dat je een echt duiveltje bent!

Jij denkt echt dat de Satan neergedaald is op aarde en vlees is geworden in Sjors Bush...!

Kom nou ff...! Dit is een doodsimpele domme cowboy die pief-paf-poef de baas wil spelen over de rest van de wereld!

Een olieboer uit Texas die samen met zijn olie-vriendjes zijn zakken flink wil vullen... Pak irak, dan zijn we binnen, dachten hij en Cheney...

De rest dat weet die oud-alcoholist ook, is kletspraat!

Clash of Civilizations - dat is iets van een prefesser uit Harvard... Daar snapt die stomme boerelul toch niets van...!

lennart
07-09-03, 17:57
Geplaatst door Ron Haleber
Jij denkt echt dat de Satan neergedaald is op aarde en vlees is geworden in Sjors Bush...!

George Bush heeft geen idee waarin hij verwikkeld is. Hij is uitgekozen door de Bush Crime Family om zoveel mogelijk geld te graaien. Daar is geen uitgebreidde vooruitkijkende agenda voor nodig.

Clash of Civilizations - dat is iets van een prefesser uit Harvard... Daar snapt die stomme boerelul toch niets van...!

Lol, en juist hierom zijn de meeste mensen naief. Europeanen geloven niet meer ideologie, en geloven ook niet dat er andere mensen zijn die in ideologie geloven. Wie had in 1935 durven te voorspellen dat Hitler miljoenen mensen zou vermoorden, inclusief het uitroeien van Joden.

Er zijn nu eenmaal mensen op deze aarde die het wel goed vinden op dit moment. Mensen die geloven dat god de aarde aan hen heeft gegeven. Mensen die denken dat er teveel mensen op de wereld wonen. Mensen die denken dat er andere mensen zijn die hen willen afmaken. Mensen die denken dat een pre-emptive doctrine de oplossing zal zijn. Kortom er zijn mensen die geloven in Chaos, omdat zij verwachten dat zij ongeschonden uit de chaos zullen komen.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 18:27
Geplaatst door lennart
George Bush heeft geen idee waarin hij verwikkeld is. Hij is uitgekozen door de Bush Crime Family om zoveel mogelijk geld te graaien. Daar is geen uitgebreidde vooruitkijkende agenda voor nodig.

Lol, en juist hierom zijn de meeste mensen naief. Europeanen geloven niet meer ideologie, en geloven ook niet dat er andere mensen zijn die in ideologie geloven. Wie had in 1935 durven te voorspellen dat Hitler miljoenen mensen zou vermoorden, inclusief het uitroeien van Joden.

Er zijn nu eenmaal mensen op deze aarde die het wel goed vinden op dit moment. Mensen die geloven dat god de aarde aan hen heeft gegeven. Mensen die denken dat er teveel mensen op de wereld wonen. Mensen die denken dat er andere mensen zijn die hen willen afmaken. Mensen die denken dat een pre-emptive doctrine de oplossing zal zijn. Kortom er zijn mensen die geloven in Chaos, omdat zij verwachten dat zij ongeschonden uit de chaos zullen komen.

Lennart, voordat ik in jouw diabolisering geloof, moeten er nog eerst wel ff een paar Twin towers vallen...

Voor de Amerikanen net als voor de Koweities en Saoedies is God alleerst Money & Business - het vullen van je zakken, met een duit in het kerkezakje...

Ik ben het met je eens dat de VS moeilijk als echte democratie te zien zijn... Maar Wallstreet regeert daar.

Om Bush zo snel met Hitler gelijk te stellen. dat gaat veel te snel...

Op de lange duur kan het er wel van komen. De Amerikanen zijn er hysterisch genoeg voor!

lennart
07-09-03, 18:39
Hitler stond nog in een populair Amerikaanse common interests magazine (Vanity meen ik) in 1938.

Maar goed Bush is geen Hitler, dat onderscheidt maak ik ook. Ik zie Bush meer als een domkop die geen idee heeft, wat hij op z'n hoofd haalt. Maar hij wordt omgegeven door mensen die om oorlog schreeuwen. Het zijn deze stemmen naar wie hij luistert en op wiens advies hij vertrouwt.

Het zijn deze mensen die een oorlog tegen Islam willen voeren. Zoals Woolsey (een van de meeste uitgesprokene van het stel) al zei, this is World War 4.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 18:48
Geplaatst door lennart
Hitler stond nog in een populair Amerikaanse common interests magazine (Vanity meen ik) in 1938.

Maar goed Bush is geen Hitler, dat onderscheidt maak ik ook. Ik zie Bush meer als een domkop die geen idee heeft, wat hij op z'n hoofd haalt. Maar hij wordt omgegeven door mensen die om oorlog schreeuwen. Het zijn deze stemmen naar wie hij luistert en op wiens advies hij vertrouwt.

Het zijn deze mensen die een oorlog tegen Islam willen voeren. Zoals Woolsey (een van de meeste uitgesprokene van het stel) al zei, this is World War 4.

Die Crusade en War on Islam dat vraagt zijn fundi-achterban van Bush...

Dat gaat hemzelf allemaal zwaar boven de pet. Maar als het zou moeten vindt hij de teksten die hij daarover moet voorlezen best mooi!

Maar tenslotte dan moet Blair toch ook meedoen. En dat poedeltje blafte de laatste keer toen hij bij zijn baasje op bezoek was al flink van zich af...

Dat poedeltje moet thuis ook nog aan de bak komen en kan het na Kelly niet meer te bont maken...!

Bush is al bezig met een campagne en met een World War 4 in zijn program, ik denk niet dat hem dat stemmen oplevert....

Of ja, de complotten van al Kaida...! Dat zou alles veranderen natuurlijk!

lennart
07-09-03, 18:54
Maar tenslotte dan moet Blair toch ook meedoen.

Hij doet toch al mee? Steeds meer Europese landen worden naar Iraq gelokt om deel te nemen aan de komende oorlog.

lennart
07-09-03, 19:21
Only crisis of survival can save the poor: Wealthiest 5 pc own $1.54 trillion

By George Monbiot

LONDON: The world is beginning to look like France, a few years before the Revolution. There are no reliable wealth statistics from that time, but the disparities are unlikely to have been greater than they are today.

The wealthiest 5 per cent of the world's people now earn 114 times as much as the poorest 5 per cent. The 500 richest people on earth now own $1.54 trillion - more than the entire gross domestic product of Africa, or the combined annual incomes of the poorest half of humanity.

Now, just as then, the desperation of the poor counterpoises the obscene consumption of the rich. Now, just as then, the sages employed by the global aristocrats - in the universities, the think tanks, the newspapers and magazines - contrive to prove that we possess the best of all possible systems in the best of all possible worlds. In the fortress of Camp Delta in Guantanamo Bay we have our Bastille, in which men are imprisoned without charge or trial.

Like the court at Versailles, the wealth and splendour of the nouveau-ancien regime will be on display, not far from the stinking slums in which hunger reigns, at next week's world trade summit in Cancun in Mexico. Between banquets and champagne receptions, men like the European trade commissioner Pascal Lamy and the US trade representative Robert Zoellick will dismiss with their customary arrogance the needs of the hungry majority.

There we will witness the same corruption, of both purpose and execution, the same conflation of the private good with the public good: le monde, c'est nous. As Charles Dickens wrote of the ruling class of that earlier time: "the leprosy of unreality disfigured every human creature in attendance."

The unreality begins in Mexico with the World Trade Organization's statement of intent. It will, its director general says, ensure that "development issues lie at the heart" of the negotiations. The new talks, in other words, are designed to help the people of the poor nations to escape from poverty.

In almost every respect they are destined to do the opposite. Every promise the rich world has made the poor world is being broken. Every demand for the further expropriation of the wealth of the poor is being pursued with ruthless persistence.

Take, for example, the issue of "tariffs", or taxes on trade. A new report by Oxfam, published recently, shows that the poorer a nation is, the higher the rates of tax it must pay in order to export its goods. The United States imposes tariffs of between zero and one per cent on major imports from Britain, France, Japan and Germany, but taxes of 14 or 15 per cent on produce from Bangladesh, Cambodia and Nepal. The British government does the same: Sri Lanka and Uruguay must pay eight times as much to sell their goods over here as the United States.

This happens for two reasons. The first is that the poorer nations can't fight back. The second is that, without taxes, the poor would outcompete the rich. The stiffest tariffs are imposed on goods such as textiles and farm products, in which the weak nations possess a commercial advantage.

PROMISE NOT FULFILLED:The current trade talks were launched with the promise that tariffs would be reduced or eliminated, "in particular on products of export interest to developing countries". The deadline for producing an agreed text for the Cancun meeting was May 31. Because the rich nations have blocked every attempt to agree upon the wording, nothing has been produced.

Instead, last week the European Union, the US and Canada submitted a new paper. It proposes that the poorest countries must do the most to cut their trade taxes. Bolivia and Kenya must reduce their tariffs by 80 per cent, the EU by 28 per cent and the US by just 24 per cent. It appears to be a calculated insult, designed to prevent any agreement on this issue from taking place.

Nor has any progress been made on farm subsidies. In 1994, the rich countries agreed that they would phase them out, if the poor countries promised to open their markets to western corporations.

The poor nations kept their promise, the rich countries broke theirs. The new round of talks is supposed to lead to the "phasing out (of) all forms of export subsidies", and a negotiating text to this effect was meant to have been produced by March 31.

Again, the promise has been broken, and again the poor have been told that only if they grant the rich world's corporations even greater access to their economies, farm subsidies will come to an end. But the powerful nations, while refusing to address the demands of the poor, press their own claims with brutal diplomacy. They now insist that the "development round" be used to force nations to grant foreign corporations the same rights as domestic ones; to open their public services to the private sector and to invite foreign companies to bid to run them. What this means, as nearly all the big multinational corporations are based in the rich world, is a rich world takeover of the poor world's economy.

Lamy and Zoellick and the governments (such as ours) they represent must know that these demands are impossible for the weaker countries to meet. They must know that the combination of their broken promises and their outrageous terms could force the weaker governments to walk out of the trade talks in Cancun, just as they did in Seattle in 1999. They must know that this will mean the end of the World Trade Organization. And this now appears to be their aim.

Subverted and corrupted as the WTO is, it remains a multilateral body in which the poor nations can engage in collective bargaining and, in theory, outvote the rich. This never happens, because the rich nations have bypassed its decision-making structures. But the danger remains, so the EU and the US appear to wish to destroy it and to replace world trade agreements with even more coercive single-country deals. The narrow path campaigners have to tread is to expose the injustices of the proposed agreements without assisting the rich world's underlying agenda by demanding that "the WTO has got to go".

But eventually, as in France, there must be a revolution. It is likely to happen only when there is a globalized crisis of survival: a worldwide shortage of grain, for example (like the deficit which followed the bad harvest of 1788) or - and this is currently more likely and more imminent - a shortage of fossil fuel.

One of the means to this end is a collective threat of default on the debt by which this revolution can take place. Until the nouveau-ancien regime has been overthrown, and Lamy and Zoellick and their kind are (metaphorically) swinging from the lampposts, the rich, like the aristocrats of France, will devise ever more inventive means of dispossessing the poor.-Dawn/The Guardian News Service.
http://www.dawn.com/2003/09/03/int19.htm

Zie hoe het duivelse globalisering heeft geleid tot deze tweedeling. Het Israel/Palestina conflict, waarom is het zo bekend, nou omdat het precies de crux van het conflict is. In Israel komt alles samen: het arm en rijk verschil, de strijd tegen kolonialisme. Dit is wat er aan komt en daarom zijn de rijken van de aarde bezig hun eigen zaakies op orde proberen te krijgen door hun kapitaal wereldwijd te verspreiden en het huidige financiele model proberen uit te melken voor wat het waard is, voordat de nucleaire oorlog een einde zal brengen aan het 'arm/rijk' verschil.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 19:56
Geplaatst door lennart
Hij doet toch al mee? Steeds meer Europese landen worden naar Iraq gelokt om deel te nemen aan de komende oorlog.

Ja maar Irak is iets anders dan de Clash of Civilizations, de War on Islam... Daarvoor moet je in Palestina zijn! En daar kijkt Blair wel link voor uit om zich daarin te storten...

Ik loop wat achter omdat mijn chello-server daarnet een half uur uitviel, maar ik zie nu dat ook jij daarnaar verwijst:

Zie hoe het duivelse globalisering heeft geleid tot deze tweedeling. Het Israel/Palestina conflict, waarom is het zo bekend, nou omdat het precies de crux van het conflict is. ....voordat de nucleaire oorlog een einde zal brengen aan het 'arm/rijk' verschil.

Het Israel/Palestina conflict gaat om de 'colonial settlement' (Maxime Rodinson) van de joden, om heilig verklaard land.

Irak gaat om iets anders, om het beheersen van de prijs van de olie.

Een nucleaire oorlog om Palestina lijkt op zich toch erg onwaarschijnlijk... Dat heeft Sharon heus niet nodig om de Palestijnen eronder te houden!

Voor het uitgroeien van deze twee conflikten tot een conflikt op wereldschaal, moeten er toch andere mechanismes in werking treden.

Dan kan pas over een jaar of tien/twintig als de energie opraakt en de olie onbetaalbaar wordt!

lennart
07-09-03, 20:16
Ja maar Irak is iets anders dan de Clash of Civilizations, de War on Islam

Wie heeft ooit gezegd dat ik met Clash of Civilizations specifiek een oorlog tegen het Islam zie. Het zijn afleidende vuurpijlen. Kijk nu eens naar wat de Neo-cons zeggen en wat ze doen. Ze verdedigen de liberale samenleving, maar op welke programma runde Bush? Kijk naar Fortuyn die door de Neocons hoog in het vaandel werd gerezen omdat hij ten strijde trok tegen de Islam vanwege de vermeende homohaat in bij Islamieten. De positie van de vrouw in het Islam is ook zo'n vuurpijl.

Hier hebben we een stuk of dertig man (ja het zijn met name mannen) die zich inzetten voor de rechten van de vrouw en de homo? Yeah right.

The Clash of Civilizations is een klassieker, de strijd tussen de barbaarse en de gecivilizeerde wereld. Of in een links context, de aloude klassestrijd. De strijd tussen arm en rijk.

De reden dat deze strijd wordt ingekleed met vooralsnog Islam is dat er wel een reden voor nodig is om ze af te knallen. Je kan mensen moeilijk afknallen omdat ze arm zijn. Islam is bovendien gekozen vanwege het groot aantal arme moslims en het feit dat er een zekere cohesie bestaat en de Amerikanen reeds een islamistische terroristische organisatie had gecreeerd. Dit samen met de "liberale redenen" maken Islam de ideale vijand.

Maar afsluitend, Clash of Civilizations = Klasse strijd.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 20:43
Geplaatst door lennart
Wie heeft ooit gezegd dat ik met Clash of Civilizations specifiek een oorlog tegen het Islam zie. Het zijn afleidende vuurpijlen.

The Clash of Civilizations is een klassieker, de strijd tussen de barbaarse en de gecivilizeerde wereld. Of in een links context, de aloude klassestrijd. De strijd tussen arm en rijk. ...Clash of Civilizations = Klasse strijd

Lennarts Clash of Civilizations is toch wel een geheel andere dan de Clash of Civilizations van Samuel Huntington en Bush...

Bij Huntington heeft het confucianistisch Azië als China bij voorbeeld ook een centrale rol van machtspool. Zo zien ook de neo-cons het, voor hen is China in opkomst sinds Nixon ook erg belangrijk...

Om dat te reduceren tot een simpele klassestrijd lijkt me iets te Europees gedacht. Allereerst is het een strijd om grondstoffen, energie en markten zoals je met de WTO kunt zien.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 20:45
Geplaatst door lennart

De reden dat deze strijd wordt ingekleed met vooralsnog Islam is dat er wel een reden voor nodig is om ze af te knallen. Je kan mensen moeilijk afknallen omdat ze arm zijn. Islam is bovendien gekozen vanwege het groot aantal arme moslims en het feit dat er een zekere cohesie bestaat en de Amerikanen reeds een islamistische terroristische organisatie had gecreeerd. Dit samen met de "liberale redenen" maken Islam de ideale vijand.

De Saoedisch, Irakies en de Golfstaten worden heus niet "afgeknald" vanuit een "klassestrijd" op de achtergrond - omdat ze arm zijn! Integendeel geweld wordt gebruikt om invloed te krijgen over hun rijkdom!

Dat er met de Islam op los gemanipuleerd wordt, daar geef ik je gelijk in. Maar dat is om een spelletje met die landen te spelen... Een spelletje om landen en mensen tegen elkaar uit te spelen. Maar dat spel heeft zijn grenzen!

Daarbij is het dus nog maar helemaal de vraag of de wereld van de Islam als het puntje bij paaltje komt zich wel zo makkelijk door de Amerikanen zal laten ringeloren!

Ik geloof daar niets van. Het anti-globalistisch verzet van al Kaida is géén klassestrijd à la Lennart.

Het verzet in Irak is gewoon een teken dat het Westen een grens heeft bereikt en op verzet is gestuit van de Islam: tot hier en niet verder...

Wij doppen onze eigen boontjes! Donder op! Als jullie het niet goedschiks doen dan gebeurt het maar kwaadschiks met wat jullie daar in het westen "terrorisme" plegen te noemen...

Er is dus iets heel anders aan de hand!

lennart
07-09-03, 20:49
Ik geloof daar niets van. Het anti-globalistisch verzet van al Kaida is géén klassestrijd à la Lennart.

Natuurlijk is dat het wel. Je zal vanavond Panorama op Canvas hebben gemist, en dat is jammer, want het doel dat de Egyptische topbaas van Al-Qa'ida geeft voor het introduceren van Islam is het eerlijk verdelen van rijkdom. Hij zei het letterlijk zo.

Lennarts Clash of Civilizations is toch wel een geheel andere dan de Clash of Civilizations van Samuel Huntington en Bush...

Wat men opschrijft en het eigenlijke doel zijn twee verschillende dingen.

Het idee is tussen de regels door te lezen. Dat is de wijsheid die Machiavelli heeft meegegeven.

Ron Haleber
07-09-03, 21:05
Geplaatst door lennart

Ron: Ik geloof daar niets van. Het anti-globalistisch verzet van al Kaida is géén klassestrijd à la Lennart.

Lennart: Natuurlijk is dat het wel. Je zal vanavond Panorama op Canvas hebben gemist, en dat is jammer, want het doel dat de Egyptische topbaas van Al-Qa'ida geeft voor het introduceren van Islam is het eerlijk verdelen van rijkdom. Hij zei het letterlijk zo.

Lennart, ik heb altijd al vermoed dat jij net als Yehi, Osama Bin Laden en zijn secretaris al Zawihiri op hun woord gelooft...!

Alleen die mooie koranteksten ontbreken nog bij jou!

Ik zal Orakel maar inzetten voor wat aanvullende katechesatie!

Heb je je al ingeschreven bij Dienna voor de klassestrijd (=jihaad)...?

Nou het Licht breekt door op deze site. Wat wordt jullie eerste reisdoel? Kasjmir of Tsetjenië?

Wat men opschrijft en het eigenlijke doel zijn twee verschillende dingen.

Het idee is tussen de regels door te lezen. Dat is de wijsheid die Machiavelli heeft meegegeven.

Dit komt toch wel erg de geopolitiek van mijn vriend Rafiq nabij die ik niet met hem deel...

Je verwaarloost de rol van Azië als wereldmacht...! Effe mailen met Mark!

lennart
07-09-03, 21:17
Lennart, ik heb altijd al vermoed dat jij net als Yehi, Osama Bin Laden en zijn secretaris al Zawihiri op hun woord gelooft...!

Ik geloof best dat zij geloven dat wanneer de Sharia wordt ingevoerd en de Qu'ran de wet wordt, dat zij geloven dat dan de corruptie zal verdwijnen, dat dan de kloof tussen arm en rijk zal verdwijnen. Wat ik ook geloof is dat zij geloven in de gewelddadige revolutie. Zij zoeken naar een wereldrevolutie gebaseerd op de strijd tegen de VS.

Tegen dit element van Islam zijn de Neocons zo gekant, Islam is gekant tegen ikonen, ergo tegen macht en geld. Dit is wat knaagt aan de machtbasis van de rijke elite, de mensen die zoeken naar deze oorlog. Ze zijn als de dood dat er weldegelijk een Clash of Civlizations zal ontstaan op basis van klasse. Ze zijn allemaal bezig de spelregels te veranderen voordat het spel begint. Uiteindelijk is en blijft het een Klassestrijd.

de rol van Azië als wereldmacht

De Hindu zijn uitgekozen als voetsoldaten om eerst Pakistan en zuidoost Azie te controleren, en daarna China onder de voet te lopen.

Heb je je al ingeschreven bij Dienna voor de klassestrijd (=jihaad)...?

Omdat ik denk te weten hoe de vork in de steel zit, wil dat nog neit zeggen dat ik de behoefte heb een klassestrijd uit te vechten :p

Zeker niet met het zwaard.

nl-x
08-09-03, 17:51
Waarom heet dit niet gewoon de Lennart en Ron topic :) ?

Ron Haleber
08-09-03, 20:59
Gelieve geen moeders of andere familieleden te betrekken in je posts, jij als Marokkanoloog weet hoe gevoelig dat ligt :)[mod]

Ron Haleber
08-09-03, 21:14
Geplaatst door de moderator - Vriend?
Gelieve geen moeders of andere familieleden te betrekken in je posts, jij als Marokkanoloog weet hoe gevoelig dat ligt :)[mod]

Vriend, ik heb geleerd dat je weggelopen en zoekgeraakte kinderen altijd weer netjes terug moet brengen naar hun ...

Lennart zal het jochie wel kennen, dus liet ik dat maar ff aan hem over!