PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Soldaat over Rumsfeld bezoek

lennart
30-09-03, 14:44
September 25, 2003

I just got off the phone with my son... It was great to hear his voice. It was only the second time I have talked to him since he has been in Baghdad.
In the conversation I asked him about Rumsfeld's visit to the Baghdad Airport. My son said that on an average day, there are Iraqis around the airport doing different chores. He said that none were allowed at the airport during Rumsfeld's visit. More disturbing, my son said there were sharp-shooters on the roofs of all the buildings. I asked my son why they would need sharp-shooters on the roof if there were no Iraqis at the Airport. He said they were for the SOLDIERS! He said they were all warned that any one that went on a roof would be SHOT! The airport is made up of several high rise buildings that the troops live in. My son said several of his friends live on the upper floors of these buildings. He said they generally go up on the roof to read or to smoke, etc. These soldiers were warned they would be shot if they went up on the roof for any reason. I find it shocking that the morale is so low for the troops that the upper brass don't trust them.

In closing, my son told me that his friends appreciate our efforts. He said they know that we are protesting against the administration and not them. They back us completely.

In peace,

Father of a Soldier in Iraq

http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/sound/main.html