PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Joodse Terreuraanval op Israelische politicus!

lennart
24-10-03, 17:29
MK's wife unhurt after bomb explodes under her car

By David Ratner, Haaretz Correspondent

A small incendiary device exploded on Friday underneath a car belonging to the wife of MK Issam Makhoul (Hadash-Ta'al), which was parked outside their home on Haifa's Hanesi Boulevard.

According to Makhoul, he and his wife, Su'ad, had been on their way out of the house when the device exploded.

"My wife was sitting in the car, a Honda, which is the car I usually drive, and was planning to collect our 10-year-old twins from their school. The Honda was parked next to the Ford vehicle I was sitting in. Suddenly I heard a blast, I looked over and saw the car engulfed in flames. My wife managed to get out of the car unsctahed."

Makhoul believes he, rather than his wife, was the target of the attack. He added that he had not received any unusual threats in recent days
or weeks, and described the attack as "a worrying escalation in violence toward Knesset members, which should be urgently dealt with." He added that the device was probably planted for nationalistic motives.

Knesset Speaker MK Reuven Rivlin (Likud) called MK Makhoul to express his shock at the incident.

Police said the blast was caused by an explosive device weighing less than a kilogram placed underneath the car.

Makhoul said he didn't know who might have been behind the blast, but called it an attack on democracy.

"It's hard for me to say who did it," he told Israel Radio. "I don't have any personal enemies ... I see it as part of a threat to democracy."

Makhoul is one of 10 Arab lawmakers in Israel's 120 member parliament.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/353521.html

Makhoel is lid van de Hadash partij. De enige Joods-Arabische partij in Israel die het recht van de Palestijnen op een eigen staat erkend op basis van vrede voor land.

~Panthera~
24-10-03, 18:55
Geplaatst door lennart

Makhoel is lid van de Hadash partij. De enige Joods-Arabische partij in Israel die het recht van de Palestijnen op een eigen staat erkend op basis van vrede voor land.
-------------

AH....wat "toevallig" nou.... :moe:

Blade20
24-10-03, 18:58
Allereerst een zinloze aanval. De partij waar deze man lid van was, is zoongeveer de enigste hoop op vrede.

De voorouders van zowel de Israeliers alswel de Palastijnen zouden walgen van de laffe manier waarop beide zijdes zich naar het leven staan.