PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Zionisten proberen uitreiking Aussi vredesprijs aan Hanan Ashrawi te voorkomen

lennart
06-11-03, 18:27
Palestinian MP Ashrawi: Hatred in Australia worse than in Israel
06-11-2003, 11:28

Palestinian parliament member Hanan Ashrawi, to be awarded the Sydney Peace Prize Thursday, said she was bewildered by the "hatred" her selection had created in Australia.

Dr. Hanan Ashrawi was to be presented with the prize Thursday night by NSW Premier Bob Carr for her work for Middle East peace and her representation of the Palestinian people.

The decision has been strongly criticized by several Jewish groups, who accuse Ashrawi of "demonizing Israel and failing to condemn Palestinian terror groups like Hamas."

Meanwhile, Australia's Prime Minister John Howard and Foreign Minister Alexander Downer waded into the debate, suggesting former Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas as a preferable candidate.

Sydney Mayor Lucy Turnbull will not attend the presentation, even though the City of Sydney is the event's main sponsor, The Australian reported on Thursday, due to her disapproval of the nomination.

During a press conference in Sydney Thursday, Ashrawi said she had been surprised by the viciousness of the attacks on her credibility.

"I was amazed at the degree of, not just negative response, but a certain degree of hatred, which I don't find even with my discussion with Israelis," she said.

"I felt that the further away people are from the situation and the conflict the more licence they give themselves to distort and to interfere negatively. I don't know why feelings are so high here."

For his part, Carr said Ashrawi spoke the language of peace, and he stood by his decision to present the award. "Anyone who believes in a negotiated settlement to achieve a two-state solution is talking the right language – let's engage with them," he said. (Albawaba.com)

Dit verhaal staat hier:
http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=262762&lang=e&dir=news
en
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/06/1068013297243.html

Heeft het ook in Hollandse kranten gestaan?

Al Sawt
06-11-03, 18:30
Geplaatst door lennart
Palestinian MP Ashrawi: Hatred in Australia worse than in Israel
06-11-2003, 11:28

Palestinian parliament member Hanan Ashrawi, to be awarded the Sydney Peace Prize Thursday, said she was bewildered by the "hatred" her selection had created in Australia.

Dr. Hanan Ashrawi was to be presented with the prize Thursday night by NSW Premier Bob Carr for her work for Middle East peace and her representation of the Palestinian people.

The decision has been strongly criticized by several Jewish groups, who accuse Ashrawi of "demonizing Israel and failing to condemn Palestinian terror groups like Hamas."

Meanwhile, Australia's Prime Minister John Howard and Foreign Minister Alexander Downer waded into the debate, suggesting former Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas as a preferable candidate.

Sydney Mayor Lucy Turnbull will not attend the presentation, even though the City of Sydney is the event's main sponsor, The Australian reported on Thursday, due to her disapproval of the nomination.

During a press conference in Sydney Thursday, Ashrawi said she had been surprised by the viciousness of the attacks on her credibility.

"I was amazed at the degree of, not just negative response, but a certain degree of hatred, which I don't find even with my discussion with Israelis," she said.

"I felt that the further away people are from the situation and the conflict the more licence they give themselves to distort and to interfere negatively. I don't know why feelings are so high here."

For his part, Carr said Ashrawi spoke the language of peace, and he stood by his decision to present the award. "Anyone who believes in a negotiated settlement to achieve a two-state solution is talking the right language – let's engage with them," he said. (Albawaba.com)

Dit verhaal staat hier:
http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=262762&lang=e&dir=news
en
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/06/1068013297243.html

Heeft het ook in Hollandse kranten gestaan? Ik wist niet eens dat Australiers gevoelig zijn voor Holocaust chantages van joodse org.

~Panthera~
06-11-03, 19:07
Australie : achterlijke cultuur. :moe:
Kan niet anders: afstammelingen van Engelse criminelen. :hihi:

lennart
06-11-03, 19:41
Geplaatst door Al Sawt
Ik wist niet eens dat Australiers gevoelig zijn voor Holocaust chantages van joodse org.

Nee.. men heeft gebruik gemaakt van financiele chantage. Bovendien zullen de Newscorp media outlets (je weet wel, Rupert Murdoch, van origine een Australier, dus hij zal wel een aantal kranten en televisiestations daar bezitten) negatief over haar hebben bericht.

lennart
06-11-03, 19:42
Geplaatst door ~Panthera~
Australie : achterlijke cultuur. :moe:
Kan niet anders: afstammelingen van Engelse criminelen. :hihi:

:D

De anti-oorlogsbeweging onder jongeren is daar wel veel groter dan bijvoorbeeld Nederland ;)

~Panthera~
06-11-03, 20:01
Geplaatst door lennart

De anti-oorlogsbeweging onder jongeren is daar wel veel groter dan bijvoorbeeld Nederland ;)
-----------------

Elke cultuur heeft een paar pluspunten. ;)

hondje
06-11-03, 21:06
Geplaatst door lennart

Weer zo een land waar de regering anders tegen de materie aankijkt dan het volk.