PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Amerikanen omsingelen Iraakse basisschool

lennart
18-12-03, 21:18
Secondary School under Siege by US Forces
17 December, 11:30am, Amiriya, Baghdad -- On the evening of December 16th, in the Amiriya suburb of West Baghdad, the residents held a pro-Saddam Hussein demonstration. Many of the kids were throwing stones at a US Humvee Patrol as it passed by. Aside from this, it was a non-violent demonstration-no shots were fired, nobody was injured.

Today, US forces from the First Armored Division returned with two large tanks, helicopters, several Bradley fighting vehicles and at least 10 hummers to seal off the Al Shahid Adnan Kherala secondary school for boys.

The school was sealed off completely, as well as the doors locked when soldiers and Iraqi Police entered with photos of students taken during the demonstration the night before.

I asked the first soldier I came upon today at the school,

"I'm an American journalist. Can you please fill me in on what is going on here?"

He started to talk to me, and then was yelled at by another soldier in a tank behind us. We looked back to see a soldier waving his hand across his neck, telling him to be silent.

"I can't talk to you," he said.

We walked closer to the school. Two hummers with loudspeakers mounted atop them were parked out front. An Iraqi translator was telling the crowd standing in front of the school,

"You must not attend the demonstration tomorrow that is to be held here. Please disperse and go away."

A US soldier from Wisconsin, who asked to remain nameless, provided me with the following information on what was happening:

He told me the aforementioned about the demonstration last night, and that IP (Iraqi Police) were in the school trying to catch the kids who were throwing rocks last night.

I asked him if anyone was injured last night at the demonstration, or if any weapons were fired.

"No. Some kids were just throwing rocks."

I ask him how they knew which kids to talk with from last night.

"We had some IP here last night who took photos. They are going through the school to get the kids in the pictures."
http://electroniciraq.net/news/1271.shtml

De url heeft ook fotos... Zijn die Amerikanen gestoord geworden? Wie kan dit nu verklaren..??? Werkelijk...