PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : A diaspora divided

mark61
09-01-04, 01:25
By Arthur Neslen in London

Friday 09 January 2004, 3:21 Makka Time, 0:21 GMT

Britain's Jewish community is increasingly divided over the Middle East situation (...)

Hate mail

Deborah Fink, 37, is an activist with Jews for Justice for Palestinians (Jfjfp). She was targeted in a hate email campaign after she helped organise a ''Just Peace UK" satirical Christmas Carol protest against Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories last month.

In one week she received over 150 emails. Some were virulently anti-Semitic.

“Too bad ****** didn't get your family,” a Bruce M Seligsohn wrote. “With six million Jews dieing (sic) 60 year ago it's a shame scum like you somehow managed to survive.”

“****** killed the wrong Jews,” agreed another anonymous writer.

“It was harassing,” said Fink. “It took up my time and I found it upsetting that Jews could say that sort of thing to other Jews. Also, I depend on the internet for my work and I was worried that if it continued, I could lose my business.”

Four other people were targeted in the hate email campaign, one of whom had to delete all the emails she was sent “because it made her felt dirty,” said Fink.

But even a rabbi joined in the tirade. “Your Jewish soul died the day that you sold it to the purveyors of murder,” Rabbi Allen Kaplan wrote to Fink. “Your soul, my dear, is petrified and lost.”

Israeli journalist

Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the hate mail campaign was that it appears to have begun with an appeal by the celebrated Israeli novelist, playwright and journalist, Naomi Ragan, for a "counter-campaign" against Jfjfp by British Jews.

In fact, it turned into an international campaign against British Jews.

Ragan sent out Fink and four other activists’ email addresses on a mailshot [circular email sent to many recipients] that slandered Debbie as a "self-hating Jew" before concluding with a Christmas carol that called for “dove-brained supporters” of the Palestinians to “all be hung from the nearest tree”.

(...) http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/DD27DEC3-20CD-40E6-A3EC-273E68FC6655.htm

freya
09-01-04, 07:11
Het antisemitsime neemt toe :moe:

jaja
09-01-04, 10:44
Geplaatst door freya
Het antisemitsime neemt toe :moe: heb je volledig gelijk mee !!