PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Politiek gevangene Vanunu kandidaat Nobelprijs voor Vrede

lennart
14-02-04, 16:48
Vanunu among record 173 Nobel nominees

By Reuters and Haaretz Service

OSLO - Jailed Israeli atomic whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu, the head of the United Nation's nuclear watchdog Mohamed ElBaradei and former Czech President Vaclav Havel are among a record 173 nominees for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The Norwegian Nobel Institute said on Friday that the number of nominees - 129 individuals and 44 organizations - beat a former record of 165 for 2003 when the award went to Iranian lawyer Shirin Ebadi, the first Muslim woman laureate.

"I'm speculating about Vanunu [winning], although I don't think that the Nobel Committee will be sufficiently daring to provoke Israel," said Stein Toennesson, director of the Peace Research Institute, Oslo.

Vanunu will be freed in April after an 18-year jail term for treason for leaking details of Israel's secret nuclear program.

The deadline for mailing nominations for the award, named after Sweden's Alfred Nobel, passed on February 1. The list of names is secret but some people publicize their choices. The winner will be announced in October.

"We have received nominations from around the world," said Geir Lundestad, director of the Institute. "The prize has become ever more global. "
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/394062.html

~Panthera~
14-02-04, 17:47
"I'm speculating about Vanunu [winning], although I don't think that the Nobel Committee will be sufficiently daring to provoke Israel," said Stein Toennesson, director of the Peace Research Institute, Oslo.
----------------------------

Flutzooi ! :zweep:

Vanunu mag hem hebben van mij ! :lole:

sneeuwitje
14-02-04, 17:47
Van mij mag hij twee prijzen krijgen :duim: , ik waardeer hem Vanunu heeft levenslang gekregen voor de waarheid.

Orakel
14-02-04, 20:56
Geplaatst door Alcibiades
Ik gok op Havel. Beter dat hij die prijs krijgt dan iemand die zijn land verraden heeft.

Denk eerder dat zijn land hem verraden heeft.
12 jaar in eenzame opsluiting en als ie na 18 jaar vrij komt, is ie nog niet van de Mossad af.

Flits
14-02-04, 21:09
Geplaatst door Alcibiades
Ik gok op Havel. Beter dat hij die prijs krijgt dan iemand die zijn land verraden heeft.

't Is maar wat je verraad noemt. Van sommige zaken is het maar beter dat de wereld er vanaf weet.

Een land als de VS staat te popelen om Iraq binnen te vallen (en dat terwijl daar geen wapens zijn), doet alsof z'n neus bloedt als de feiten klinkklaar op tafel liggen over israel. Hoe bedoel hypocrisie.

Flits
14-02-04, 21:11
PS van mij mogen ze hem die prijs geven.