Pagina 7/14 EersteEerste ... 678 ... LaatsteLaatste
    Resultaten 61 tot 70 van de 132

Onderwerp: Vladimir Poetin - Redevoeringen

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Standaard Vladimir Poetin - Redevoering 30 september 2022

It is the so-called West that has trampled on the principle of the inviolability of borders, and now it decides at its own discretion who has the right to self-determination and who does not, who is not worthy of it. Why they decide so, who gave them such a right is not clear. To themselves.

That is why the choice of people in the Crimea, in Sevastopol, in Donetsk, Lugansk, Zaporozhye and Kherson causes wild anger in them. This West has no moral right to evaluate it, even to stutter about the freedom of democracy. No, and never has been!

Western elites deny not only national sovereignty and international law. Their hegemony has a pronounced character of totalitarianism, despotism and apartheid. They brazenly divide the world into their vassals, into the so-called civilized countries and into all the rest, who, according to the plan of today's Western racists, should add to the list of barbarians and savages. False labels - "rogue country", "authoritarian regime" - are already ready, they stigmatize entire peoples and states, and there is nothing new in this. There is nothing new in this: the Western elites are what they were, and have remained so - colonialist. They discriminate, divide peoples into the first and other grades.

We have never accepted and will never accept such political nationalism and racism. And what, if not racism, is Russophobia, which is now spreading all over the world? What, if not racism, is the peremptory conviction of the West that its civilization, neoliberal culture is an indisputable model for the whole world? "He who is not with us is against us." It even sounds strange.

Even the repentance for their own historical crimes is being shifted by the Western elites to everyone else, demanding both the citizens of their countries and other peoples to confess for what they have nothing to do with at all, for example, for the period of colonial conquests.

It is worth reminding the West that it began its colonial policy back in the Middle Ages, and then followed the global slave trade, the genocide of Indian tribes in America, the plunder of India, Africa, the wars of England and France against China, as a result of which it was forced to open its ports for trade opium. What they did was put entire nations on drugs, purposefully exterminated entire ethnic groups for the sake of land and resources, staged a real hunt for people like animals. This is contrary to the very nature of man, truth, freedom and justice.

And we - we are proud that in the 20th century it was our country that led the anti-colonial movement, which opened up opportunities for many peoples of the world to develop in order to reduce poverty and inequality, to overcome hunger and disease.

I emphasize that one of the reasons for the centuries-old Russophobia, the undisguised malice of these Western elites towards Russia is precisely that we did not allow ourselves to be robbed during the period of colonial conquests, we forced the Europeans to trade for mutual benefit. This was achieved by creating a strong centralized state in Russia, which developed and strengthened itself on the great moral values of Orthodoxy, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism, on Russian culture and the Russian word open to all.

It is known that plans for interventions in Russia were repeatedly made, they tried to use the Time of Troubles at the beginning of the 17th century, and the period of upheavals after 1917 failed. The West nevertheless managed to seize the wealth of Russia at the end of the 20th century, when the state was destroyed. Then we were called both friends and partners, but in fact they treated us like a colony - trillions of dollars were siphoned out of the country under a variety of schemes. We all remember everything, we have not forgotten anything.

And these days, people in Donetsk and Luhansk, in Kherson and Zaporizhia have spoken out in favor of restoring our historical unity. Thank you! (Applause.)

Western countries have been repeating for centuries that they bring freedom and democracy to other peoples. Everything is exactly the opposite: instead of democracy - suppression and exploitation; instead of freedom - enslavement and violence. The entire unipolar world order is inherently anti-democratic and not free, it is deceitful and hypocritical through and through.

The United States is the only country in the world to use nuclear weapons twice, destroying the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. By the way, they set a precedent.

Let me also remind you that the United States, together with the British, turned Dresden, Hamburg, Cologne and many other German cities into ruins without any military necessity during World War II. And this was done defiantly, without any, I repeat, military necessity. There was only one goal: just as in the case of the nuclear bombings in Japan, to intimidate both our country and the whole world.

The United States left a terrible mark on the memory of the peoples of Korea and Vietnam with barbaric "carpet" bombing, the use of napalm and chemical weapons.

Until now, they actually occupy Germany, Japan, the Republic of Korea and other countries, and at the same time cynically call them equal allies. Listen, I wonder what kind of alliance is this? The whole world knows that the leaders of these countries are being watched, the first persons of these states are being installed listening devices not only in office, but also in residential premises. This is a real shame. A shame both for those who do this and for those who, like a slave, silently and meekly swallow this rudeness.

They call orders and rude, insulting shouts at the address of their vassals Euro-Atlantic solidarity, the development of biological weapons, experiments on living people, including in Ukraine, noble medical research.

It is with their destructive policy, wars, and robbery that they provoked today's colossal surge in migration flows. Millions of people suffer deprivation, abuse, die by the thousands, trying to get to the same Europe.

Now they are exporting bread from Ukraine. Where is he going under the pretext of "providing food security for the world's poorest countries"? Where is it going? Everything goes to the same European countries. There, five percent only went to the poorest countries in the world. Again, another swindle and outright deception.

The American elite, in fact, uses the tragedy of these people to weaken their competitors, to destroy nation states. This also applies to Europe, this also applies to the identity of France, Italy, Spain and other countries with a long history.

Washington is demanding more and more sanctions against Russia, and most European politicians meekly agree with this. They clearly understand that the United States, pushing through the EU's complete renunciation of Russian energy carriers and other resources, is practically leading to the de-industrialization of Europe, to completely taking over the European market - they understand everything, these elites are European, they understand everything, but prefer to serve the interests of others. This is no longer servility, but a direct betrayal of their peoples. But God bless them, that's their business.

But sanctions are not enough for the Anglo-Saxons, they switched to sabotage - unbelievable, but true - having organized explosions on the international gas pipelines of the Nord Stream, which run along the bottom of the Baltic Sea, they actually began to destroy the pan-European energy infrastructure. It is clear to everyone who benefits from this. Whoever benefits, he did, of course.

The US dictate is based on brute force, on fist law. Sometimes beautifully wrapped, sometimes without any wrapper, but the essence is the same - fist law. Hence the deployment and maintenance of hundreds of military bases in all corners of the world, the expansion of NATO, attempts to put together new military alliances such as AUKUS and the like. Active work is also underway to create a military-political link between Washington-Seoul-Tokyo. All those states that possess or seek to possess genuine strategic sovereignty and are capable of challenging Western hegemony are automatically included in the category of enemies.

It is on these principles that the US and NATO military doctrines are built, requiring nothing less than total domination. The Western elites present their neo-colonial plans in the same hypocritical way, even with a pretense of peacefulness, they talk about some kind of containment, and such a crafty word wanders from one strategy to another, but, in fact, means only one thing: undermining any sovereign centers of development.

We have already heard about the containment of Russia, China, Iran. I believe that other countries of Asia, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, as well as current partners and allies of the United States, are next in line. We know that whatever they don’t like, they also impose sanctions against their allies – first against one bank, then against another; now against one company, now against another. This is the same practice, and will expand. They target everyone, including our closest neighbors - the CIS countries.

At the same time, the West has clearly and has long been wishful thinking. So, starting a sanctions blitzkrieg against Russia, they believed that they would once again be able to build the whole world on their command. But, as it turned out, such a rosy prospect excites far from everyone - perhaps complete political masochists and admirers of other non-traditional forms of international relations. Most states refuse to salute, and choose a reasonable path of cooperation with Russia.

The West clearly did not expect such recalcitrance from them. They just got used to acting according to a template, to take everything impudently, blackmail, bribery, intimidation, and convince themselves that these methods will work forever, as if they were ossified and frozen in the past.

Such self-confidence is a direct product not only of the notorious concept of one's own exclusivity - although this, of course, is simply surprising - but also of a real hunger for information in the West. They drowned the truth in an ocean of myths, illusions and fakes, using extremely aggressive propaganda, lying recklessly, like Goebbels. The more incredible the lie, the faster they will believe in it - that's how they act, according to this principle.

But people cannot be fed with printed dollars and euros. It is impossible to feed with these pieces of paper, and it is impossible to heat a home with the virtual, inflated capitalization of Western social networks. All this is important, what I’m talking about, but what was just said is no less important: you can’t feed anyone with paper money - you need food, and you won’t warm anyone with these inflated capitalizations either - energy carriers are needed.

Therefore, politicians in the same Europe have to convince their fellow citizens to eat less, wash less often, and dress warmer at home. And those who begin to ask fair questions “actually, why is that so?” – are immediately declared enemies, extremists and radicals. They switch arrows to Russia, they say: here, they say, who is the source of all your troubles. They lie again.

What do I want to emphasize? There is every reason to believe that the Western elites are not going to look for constructive ways out of the global food and energy crisis, which arose through their fault, precisely through their fault, as a result of their many years of policy long before our special military operation in Ukraine, in the Donbass. They do not intend to solve the problems of injustice and inequality. There is a fear that they are ready to use other, familiar to them, recipes.

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

And here it is worth recalling that the West emerged from the contradictions of the early 20th century through the First World War. The profits from the Second World War allowed the United States to finally overcome the consequences of the Great Depression and become the largest economy in the world, to impose on the planet the power of the dollar as a global reserve currency. And the overdue crisis of the 80s - and in the 80s of the last century the crisis also aggravated - the West largely overcame by appropriating the legacy and resources of the Soviet Union that was collapsing and collapsed in the end. It is a fact.

Now, in order to extricate themselves from another tangle of contradictions, they need to break Russia and other states that choose the sovereign path of development at all costs in order to plunder other people's wealth even more and at this expense to close, plug their holes. If this does not happen, I do not rule out that they will try to completely bring the system to a collapse, on which everything can be blamed, or, God forbid, decide to use the well-known formula “the war will write everything off”.

Russia understands its responsibility to the world community and will do everything to bring such hotheads to their senses.

It is clear that the current neo-colonial model is ultimately doomed. But I repeat that her real owners will cling to her to the end. They simply have nothing to offer the world, except for the preservation of the same system of robberies and racketeering.

In fact, they spit on the natural right of billions of people, most of humanity, to freedom and justice, to determine their own future on their own. Now they have completely moved to a radical denial of moral norms, religion, and family.

Let's answer some very simple questions for ourselves. I now want to return to what I said, I want to address all the citizens of the country - not only to those colleagues who are in the hall - to all the citizens of Russia: do we want to have, here, in our country, in Russia, instead of mom and dad there was “parent number one”, “number two”, “number three” - are they completely crazy already there? Do we really want perversions that lead to degradation and extinction to be imposed on children in our schools from the primary grades? To be drummed into them that there are supposedly other genders besides women and men, and to be offered a sex change operation? Do we want all this for our country and our children? For us, all this is unacceptable, we have a different, our own future.

I repeat, the dictatorship of the Western elites is directed against all societies, including the peoples of the Western countries themselves. This is a challenge for everyone. Such a complete denial of man, the overthrow of faith and traditional values, the suppression of freedom acquires the features of a "reverse religion" - outright Satanism. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus Christ, denouncing the false prophets, says: By their fruits you will know them. And these poisonous fruits are already obvious to people - not only in our country, in all countries, including for many people and in the West itself.

The world has entered a period of revolutionary transformations, they are of a fundamental nature. New development centers are being formed, they represent the majority - the majority! - of the world community and are ready not only to declare their interests, but also to protect them, and see multipolarity as an opportunity to strengthen their sovereignty, and therefore to gain true freedom, a historical perspective, their right to independent, creative, original development, to a harmonious process.

All over the world, including in Europe and the United States, as I said, we have many like-minded people, and we feel, we see their support. A liberation, anti-colonial movement against unipolar hegemony is already developing within the most diverse countries and societies. His subjectivity will only grow. It is this force that will determine the future geopolitical reality.

Dear friends!

Today we are fighting for a just and free path, first of all for ourselves, for Russia, for diktat, despotism to remain forever in the past. I am convinced that countries and peoples understand that a policy based on the exclusivity of anyone, on the suppression of other cultures and peoples, is inherently criminal, that we must turn this shameful page. The collapse of Western hegemony that has begun is irreversible. And I repeat again: it will not be the same as before.

The battlefield to which fate and history have called us is the battlefield for our people, for great historical Russia. (Applause.) For a great historical Russia, for future generations, for our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We must protect them from enslavement, from monstrous experiments that are aimed at crippling their minds and souls.

Today we are fighting so that it would never occur to anyone that Russia, our people, our language, our culture can be taken and erased from history. Today, we need the consolidation of the entire society, and such cohesion can only be based on sovereignty, freedom, creation, and justice. Our values are humanity, mercy and compassion.

And I want to conclude my speech with the words of a true patriot Ivan Alexandrovich Ilyin: “If I consider Russia my Motherland, then this means that I love in Russian, contemplate and think, sing and speak Russian; that I believe in the spiritual strength of the Russian people. His spirit is my spirit; his fate is my fate; his suffering is my grief; its flowering is my joy.”

Behind these words is a great spiritual choice, which for more than a thousand years of Russian statehood was followed by many generations of our ancestors. Today we are making this choice, the citizens of the Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics, the residents of Zaporozhye and Kherson regions have made this choice. They made the choice to be with their people, to be with the Motherland, to live its destiny, to win together with it.

Behind us is the truth, behind us is Russia!

(Applause.)

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Vertaling

Het is de moeite waard om het Westen eraan te herinneren dat het zijn koloniale beleid in de Middeleeuwen begon, en daarna volgde de wereldwijde slavenhandel, de genocide van indianenstammen in Amerika, de plundering van India, Afrika, de oorlogen van Engeland en Frankrijk tegen China, waarna het gedwongen werd zijn havens open te stellen voor de handel in opium. Wat ze deden was hele naties aan de drugs zetten, doelbewust hele etnische groepen uitroeien omwille van land en hulpbronnen, en een echte jacht op mensen als dieren organiseerden. Dit is in strijd met de aard van de mens, waarheid, vrijheid en rechtvaardigheid.

(…)

Westerse landen herhalen al eeuwenlang dat ze vrijheid en democratie brengen voor andere volkeren. Alles is precies het tegenovergestelde: in plaats van democratie – onderdrukking en uitbuiting; in plaats van vrijheid – slavernij en geweld. De hele unipolaire wereldorde is inherent antidemocratisch en niet vrij, ze is door en door bedrieglijk en hypocriet.

(...)

Het Westen is bereid om over alles heen te stappen om het neokoloniale systeem in stand te houden dat het mogelijk maakt om te parasiteren, in feite om de wereld te plunderen op kosten van de macht van de dollar en technocratische dictaten, om echte financiële afdracht van de mensheid te incasseren, om de belangrijkste bron van onverdiende welvaart, de winst van de hegemon, eruit te halen. Het handhaven van deze winst is hun belangrijkste, oprechte en absoluut egoïstische motief. Daarom is totale opheffing van soevereinitiet in hun belang. Vandaar hun agressie tegen onafhankelijke staten, (…)

(…)

De heersende elites van sommige staten stemmen er vrijwillig mee in om dit te doen, gaan vrijwillig akkoord om vazallen te worden; anderen worden omgekocht, geïntimideerd. En als het niet lukt, vernietigen ze hele staten en laten ze humanitaire rampen, rampen, ruïnes, miljoenen verwoeste, verminkte menselijke lotsbestemmingen, terroristische enclaves, sociale rampgebieden, protectoraten, koloniën en semi-kolonies achter. Het maakt ze niet uit, zolang ze maar hun eigen voordeel krijgen.

(…)

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Commentaar

Ingeschreven
      Jul 2016
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Standaard Re: Vladimir Poetin - Redevoeringen

Rede

Om een mens te beoordelen is het belangrijker te kijken naar zijn daden dan te luisteren naar diens lange preken over het gedrag van anderen. Poetin praat graag over anderen in een poging daarmee zijn eigen misdaden te relativeren, af te zwakken of aan het zicht te onttrekken. De gruwelijke feiten spreken voor zich. Al heeft Poetin eventueel gelijk over anderen, daarmee worden zijn eigen gruwelijkheden niet minder erg. De geweldadige inval in een souvereine staat blijft fout, welk argument Poetin ook bedenkt om dat te legitimeren. Poetin is een psychopaat en met zijn geweldadige optreden en verleden niet in de positie om een moreel oordeel te vellen over andere landen en personen.

Dat gezegd hebbende vind ik nog steeds dat de explosieve groei van de NATO in oostelijke richting fout was en heeft bijgedragen of wellicht zelfs de hoofdoorzaak was van dit conflict. Dit alles legimiteert echter niet de geweldadige inval en bezetting van een souvereine staat.

En nog dit. Poetin heeft werkelijk niets op met socialisme, democratie, mensenrechten, de rechten van lhbt, etc. Dus een toontje lager zingen in zijn redevoeringen is wel op zijn plaats.

Als ik naar die zelfverzekerde media smoel van Poetin kijk zie ik eerder iemand vol onzekerheid achter een masker. Die zelfverzekerde blik is denk ik schijn. Immers de lange betogen verraden eerder innerlijke onzekerheid over het eigen imago. Waarom moet je zo lang kletsen als je denkt dat je gelijk hebt? Poetin is onzeker en dat is in de realiteit van dit conflict en politiiek isolement terecht. Ieder willekeurig moment kan er een aanslag op hem gepleegd worden. Hij kan niemand vertrouwen omdat hij zelf een systeem van wantrouwen en controle om zich heen heeft gebouwd. Hij weet dat mensen uit angst ja zeggen en misschien nee denken. Dát is de realiteit waar de despoot dagelijks en op iedere plek mee moet dealen.

Laatst gewijzigd door Rob Gosseling; 21-11-22 om 00:30.

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Standaard Re: Vladimir Poetin - Redevoeringen

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Rob Gosseling Bekijk Berichten
      Rede

Om een mens te beoordelen is het belangrijker te kijken naar zijn daden dan te luisteren naar diens lange preken over het gedrag van anderen. Poetin praat graag over anderen in een poging daarmee zijn eigen misdaden te relativeren, af te zwakken of aan het zicht te onttrekken. De gruwelijke feiten spreken voor zich. Al heeft Poetin eventueel gelijk over anderen, daarmee worden zijn eigen gruwelijkheden niet minder erg. De geweldadige inval in een souvereine staat blijft fout, welk argument Poetin ook bedenkt om dat te legitimeren. Poetin is een psychopaat en met zijn geweldadige optreden en verleden niet in de positie om een moreel oordeel te vellen over andere landen en personen.

Dat gezegd hebbende vind ik nog steeds dat de explosieve groei van de NATO in oostelijke richting fout was en heeft bijgedragen of wellicht zelfs de hoofdoorzaak was van dit conflict. Dit alles legimiteert echter niet de geweldadige inval en bezetting van een souvereine staat.

En nog dit. Poetin heeft werkelijk niets op met socialisme, democratie, mensenrechten, de rechten van lhbt, etc. Dus een toontje lager zingen in zijn redevoeringen is wel op zijn plaats.

Als ik naar die zelfverzekerde media smoel van Poetin kijk zie ik eerder iemand vol onzekerheid achter een masker. Die zelfverzekerde blik is denk ik schijn. Immers de lange betogen verraden eerder innerlijke onzekerheid over het eigen imago. Waarom moet je zo lang kletsen als je denkt dat je gelijk hebt? Poetin is onzeker en dat is in de realiteit van dit conflict en politiiek isolement terecht. Ieder willekeurig moment kan er een aanslag op hem gepleegd worden. Hij kan niemand vertrouwen omdat hij zelf een systeem van wantrouwen en controle om zich heen heeft gebouwd. Hij weet dat mensen uit angst ja zeggen en misschien nee denken. Dát is de realiteit waar de despoot dagelijks en op iedere plek mee moet dealen.
      Poetins redevoeringen

Ik ben er benieuwd naar en heb ze deels gelezen. Wil wel eens weten wat die man nu precies gezegd heeft.

Andere lezers hebben er door deze service ook gemakkelijk toegang toe en kunnen ze lezen. Ik beoog nog wel meer passages in het nederlands te vertalen. Ook jij, Rob, bent nu misschien een van de zeldzame nederlanders die text van Poetin zelf gelezen hebben.

Kwaadspreken over Poetin

Al 15 jaar wordt er kwaadgesproken over Poetin, vooral vanuit de VS. Daarbij wordt naar zijn redevoeringen verwezen – met name die uit 2005 en 2007, het essay uit 2021 en de toespraken van 21 en 24 februari 2022.

Maar daar mogen we niet op af gaan. Politici, beleidsmakers, opiniemakers en mainstream media uit de VS, Canada, Engeland, de EU en EU lidstaten en Oekraïne zijn hierover onbetrouwbaar.

We dienen zelf na te gaan of wat er over Poetin – en hier, over zijn redevoeringen – gezegd wordt klopt. Heeft Poetin dat inderdaad gezegd? In welke context?

Twee forumleden (nu afwezig) deden mee aan die kwaadsprekerij. “Poetin heeft dit of dat gezegd”. Maar die forumleden weten vast niet waar dat in een redevoering staat. Ze hebben nog nooit een woord van Poetin gelezen. Ze praten alleen na.

Wat Poetin hierover zegt waardeer ik meer dan wat politici van de VS, Engeland, de EU en EU lidstaten, Canada en Oekraïne zeggen.

Oekraïne nazi’s

Over Canada gesproken, weet je trouwens dat Canada’s vice-minister president C. Freeland een kleindochter van de oekraïnse nazi Michael Chomiak is? Er zijn veel oekraïners in Canada, waaronder met connecties met oekraïnse nazi’s en met corrupte functionarissen, en dat verklaart mede waarom Canada in het afgelopen decennium heeft meegeholpen ze te bewapenen.

n. b. Deze Chrystia Freeland is dezelfde die jaren geleden 'ging huilen' toen het waalse parlement de supranationale economische quasi-grondwet ceta afwees. ceta dient mede om import van vuile fossiele brandstoffen uit Canada in de EU te verzekeren. Fossiele brandstoffen spelen ook een hoofdrol bij de Oekraïne-oorlog.

Geen woorden maar daden

Je hebt natuurlijk gelijk dat het gaat om iemands daden, meer dan woorden. In daden is Poetin volgens mij zeker niet de grootste misdadiger en zijn politici uit bovengenoemde landen misdadiger.
      Laatst gewijzigd door Olive Yao; 22-11-22 om 19:09.
      De meeste Westerse politici tonen zich vijanden van de mensen in de wereld.

Most Western politicians show themselves to be enemies of the peoples of the world.

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Standaard Vladimir Poetin - Discussie 27 oktober 2022

27 oktober 2022

Valdai International Discussion Club meeting

Vladimir Poetin:

The theme of this year's forum is A Post-Hegemonic World: Justice and Security for Everyone. The four day-long meeting brought together 111 experts, politicians, diplomats and economists from Russia and 40 foreign countries, including Afghanistan, Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Turkiye, the United States, and Uzbekistan, to name a few.

Ladies and gentlemen, friends,

I had a chance to get a sense of what you discussed here during the last few days. It was an interesting and substantive discussion. I hope you do not regret coming to Russia and communicating with each other.

I am happy to see you all.

We have used the Valdai Club platform to discuss, more than once, the major and serious shifts that have already taken place and are taking place around the world, the risks posed by the degradation of global institutions, the erosion of collective security principles and the substitution of “rules” for international law. I was tempted to say “we are clear about who came up with these rules,” but, perhaps, that would not be an accurate statement. We have no idea whatsoever who made these rules up, what these rules are based on, or what is contained inside these rules.

It looks like we are witnessing an attempt to enforce just one rule whereby those in power – we were talking about power, and I am now talking about global power – could live without following any rules at all and could get away with anything. These are the rules that we hear them constantly, as people say, harping on, that is, talking about them incessantly.

The Valdai discussions are important because a variety of assessments and forecasts can be heard here. Life always shows how accurate they were, since life is the sternest and the most objective teacher. So, life shows how accurate our previous years’ projections were.

Alas, events continue to follow a negative scenario, which we have discussed more than once during our previous meetings. Moreover, they have morphed into a major system-wide crisis that impacted, in addition to the military-political sphere, the economic and humanitarian spheres as well.

The so-called West which is, of course, a theoretical construct since it is not united and clearly is a highly complex conglomerate, but I will still say that the West has taken a number of steps in recent years and especially in recent months that are designed to escalate the situation. As a matter of fact, they always seek to aggravate matters, which is nothing new, either. This includes the stoking of war in Ukraine, the provocations around Taiwan, and the destabilisation of the global food and energy markets. To be sure, the latter was, of course, not done on purpose, there is no doubt about it. The destabilisation of the energy market resulted from a number of systemic missteps made by the Western authorities that I mentioned above. As we can see now, the situation was further aggravated by the destruction of the pan-European gas pipelines. This is something otherworldly altogether, but we are nevertheless witnessing these sad developments.

Global power is exactly what the so-called West has at stake in its game. But this game is certainly dangerous, bloody and, I would say, dirty. It denies the sovereignty of countries and peoples, their identity and uniqueness, and tramples upon other states’ interests. In any case, even if denial is not in the words used, they are doing it in real life. No one, except those who create these rules I have mentioned is entitled to retain their identity: everyone else must comply with these rules.

In this regard, let me remind you of Russia's proposals to our Western partners to build confidence and a collective security system. They were once again tossed in December 2021.

However, sitting things out can hardly work in the modern world. He who sows thewind will reap the whirlwind, as the saying goes. The crisis has indeed taken on a global dimension and has impacted everyone. There can be no illusions about this.

Humankind is at a fork in the road: either keep accumulating problems and eventually get crushed under their weight, or work together to find solutions – even imperfect ones, as long as they work – that can make our world a more stable and*safer place.

You know, I have always believed in the power of common sense. Therefore, I am convinced that sooner or later both the new centres of the multipolar international order and the West will have to start a dialogue on an equal footing about a common future for us all, and the sooner the better, of course. In this regard, I will highlight some of the most important aspects for all of us.

Current developments have overshadowed environmental issues. Strange as it may seem, this is what I would like to speak about first today. Climate change no longer tops the agenda. But that fundamental challenge has not gone away, it is still with us, and it is growing.

The loss of biodiversity is one of the most dangerous consequences of disrupting the environmental balance. This brings me to the key point all of us have gathered here for. Is it not equally important to maintain cultural, social, political and civilisational diversity?

At the same time, the smoothing out and erasure of all and any differences is essentially what the modern West is all about. What stands behind this? First of all, it is the decaying creative potential of the West and a desire to restrain and block the free development of other civilisations.

There is also an openly mercantile interest, of course. By imposing their values, consumption habits and standardisation on others, our opponents – I will be careful with words– are trying to expand markets for their products. The goal on this track is, ultimately, very primitive. It is notable that the West proclaims the universal value of its culture and worldview. Even if they do not say so openly, which they actually often do, they behave as if this is so, that it is a fact of life, and the policy they pursue is designed to show that these values must be unconditionally accepted by all other members of the international community.

I would like to quote from Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s famous Harvard Commencement Address delivered in 1978. He said that typical of the West is “a continuous blindness of superiority”– and it continues to this day – which “upholds the belief that vast regions everywhere on our planet should develop and mature to the level of present-day Western systems”. He said this in 1978. Nothing has changed.

Over the nearly 50 years since then, the blindness about which Solzhenitsyn spoke and which is openly racist and neocolonial, has acquired especially distorted forms, in particular, after the emergence of the so-called unipolar world. What am I referring to? Belief in one’s infallibility is very dangerous; it is only one step away from the desire of the infallible to destroy those they do not like, or as they say, to cancel them. Just think about the meaning of this word.

Even at the very peak of the Cold War, the peak of the confrontation of the two systems, ideologies and military rivalry, it did not occur to anyone to deny the very existence of the culture, art, and science of other peoples, their opponents. It did not even occur to anyone. Yes, certain restrictions were imposed on contacts in education, science, culture, and, unfortunately, sports. But nonetheless, both the Soviet and American leaders understood that it was necessary to treat the humanitarian area tactfully, studying and respecting your rival, and sometimes even borrowing from them in order to retain a foundation for sound, productive relations at least for the future.

And what is happening now? At one time, the Nazis reached the point of burning books, and now the Western “guardians of liberalism and progress” have reached the point of banning Dostoyevsky and Tchaikovsky. The so-called “cancel culture” and in reality – as we said many times – the real cancellation of culture is eradicating everything that is alive and creative and stifles free thought in all areas, be it economics, politics or culture.

Today, liberal ideology itself has changed beyond recognition. If initially, classic liberalism was understood to mean the freedom of every person to do and say as they pleased, in the 20th century the liberals started saying that the so-called open society had enemies and that the freedom of these enemies could and should be restricted if not cancelled. It has reached the absurd point where any alternative opinion is declared subversive propaganda and a threat to democracy.

Whatever comes from Russia is all branded as “Kremlin intrigues.” But look at yourselves. Are we really so all-powerful? Any criticism of our opponents – any – is perceived as “Kremlin intrigues”, “the hand of the Kremlin.” This is insane. What have you sunk to? Use your brain, at least, say something more interesting, lay out your viewpoint conceptually. You cannot blame everything on the Kremlin’s scheming.

Fyodor Dostoyevsky prophetically foretold all this back in the 19th century. One of the characters of his novel Demons, the nihilist Shigalev, described the bright future he imagined in the following way: “Emerging from boundless freedom, I conclude with boundless despotism.” This is what our Western opponents have come to. Another character of the novel, Pyotr Verkhovensky echoes him, talking about the need for universal treason, reporting and spying, and claiming that society does not need talents or greater abilities: “Cicero’s tongue is cut out, Copernicus has his eyes gouged out and Shakespeare is stoned.” This is what our Western opponents are arriving at. What is this if not Western cancel culture?

These were great thinkers and, frankly, I am grateful to my aides for finding these quotes.

What can one say to this? History will certainly put everything in its place and will know whom to cancel, and it will definitely not be the greatest works of universally recognised geniuses of world culture, but those who have for some reason decided that they have the right to use world culture as they see fit. Their self-regard really knows no bounds. No one will even remember their names in a few years. But Dostoevsky will live on, as will Tchaikovsky, Pushkin, no matter how much they would have liked theopposite.

Standardisation, financial and technological monopoly, the erasure of all differences is what underlies the Western model of globalisation, which is neocolonial in nature. Their goal was clear – to establish the unconditional dominance of the West in the global economy and politics. To do that, the West put at its service the entire planet’s natural and financial resources, as well as all intellectual, human and economic capabilities, while alleging it was a natural feature of the so-called new global interdependence.

Here I would like to recall another Russian philosopher, Alexander Zinoviev, whose birth centenary we will celebrate on October 29. More than 20 years ago, he said that Western civilisation needed the entire planet as a medium of existence and all the resources of humanity to survive at the level it had reached. That is what they want, that is exactly how it is.

Moreover, the West initially secured itself a huge head start in that system because it had developed the principles and mechanisms – the same as today’s rules they keep talking about, which remain an incomprehensible black hole because no one really knows what they are. But as soon as non-western countries began to derive some benefits from globalisation, above all, the large nations in Asia, the West immediately changed or fully abolished many of those rules. And the so-called sacred principles of free trade, economic openness, equal competition, even property rights were suddenly forgotten, completely. They change the rules on the go, on the spot wherever they see an opportunity for themselves.

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Standaard Vladimir Poetin - Discussie 27 oktober 2022

Here is another example of the substitution of concepts and meanings. For many years, Western ideologists and politicians have been telling the world there was no alternative to democracy. Admittedly, they meant the Western-style, the so-called liberal model of democracy. They arrogantly rejected all other variants and forms of government by the people and, I want to emphasise this, did so contemptuously and disdainfully. This manner has been taking shape since colonial times, as if everyone were second-rate, while they were exceptional. It has been going on for centuries and continues to this day.

So currently, an overwhelming majority of the international community is demanding democracy in international affairs and rejecting all forms of authoritarian dictate by individual countries or groups of countries. What is this if not the direct application of democratic principles to international relations?

What stance has the “civilised” West adopted? If you are democrats, you are supposed to welcome the natural desire for freedom expressed by billions of people, but no. The West is calling it undermining the liberal rules-based order. It is resorting to economic and trade wars, sanctions, boycotts and colour revolutions, and preparing and carrying out all sorts of coups.

One of them led to tragic consequences in Ukraine in 2014. They supported it and even specified the amount of money they had spent on this coup. They have the cheek to act as they please and have no scruples about anything they do. They killed Soleimani, an Iranian general. You can think whatever you want about Soleimani, but he was a foreign state official. They killed him in a third country and assumed responsibility. What is that supposed to mean, for crying out loud? What kind of world are we living in?

As is customary, Washington continues to refer to the current international order as liberal American-style, but in fact, this notorious “order” is multiplying chaos every day and, I might even add, is becoming increasingly intolerant even towards the Western countries and their attempts to act independently. Everything is nipped in the bud, and they do not even hesitate to impose sanctions on their allies, who lower their heads in acquiescence.

For example, the Hungarian MPs’ July proposals to codify the commitment to European Christian values and culture in the Treaty on European Union were taken not even as an affront, but as an outright and hostile act of sabotage. What is that? What does it mean? Indeed, some people may like it, some not.

Over a thousand years, Russia has developed a unique culture of interaction between all world religions. There is no need to cancel anything, be it Christian values, Islamic values or Jewish values. We have other world religions as well. All you need to do is respect each other. In a number of our regions – I just know this firsthand – people celebrate Christian, Islamic, Buddhist and Jewish holidays together, and they enjoy doing so as they congratulate each other and are happy for each other.

But not here. Why not? At least, they could discuss it. Amazing.

Without exaggeration, this is not even a systemic, but a doctrinal crisis of the neoliberal American-style model of international order. They have no ideas for progress and positive development. They simply have nothing to offer the world, except perpetuating their dominance.

I am convinced that real democracy in a multipolar world is primarily about the ability of any nation – I emphasise – any society or any civilisation to follow its own path and organise its own socio-political system. If the United States or the EU countries enjoy this right, then the countries of Asia, the Islamic states, the monarchies of the Persian Gulf, and countries on other continents certainly have this right as well. Of course, our country, Russia, also has this right, and no one will ever be able to tell our people what kind of society we should be building and what principles should underlie it.

A direct threat to the political, economic and ideological monopoly of the West lies in the fact that the world can come up with alternative social models that are more effective; I want to emphasise this, more effective today, brighter and more appealing than the ones that currently exist. These models will definitely come about. This is inevitable. By the way, US political scientists and analysts also write about this. Truthfully, their government is not listening to what they say, although it cannot avoid seeing these concepts in political science magazines and mentioned in discussions.

Development should rely on a dialogue between civilisations and spiritual and moral values. Indeed, understanding what humans and their nature are all about varies across civilisations, but this difference is often superficial, and everyone recognises the ultimate dignity and spiritual essence of people. A common foundation on which we can and must build our future is critically important.

Here is something I would like to emphasise. Traditional values are not a rigid set of postulates that everyone must adhere to, of course not. The difference from the so-called neo-liberal values is that they are unique in each particular instance, because they stem from the traditions of a particular society, its culture and historical background. This is why traditional values cannot be imposed on anyone. They must simply be respected and everything that every nation has been choosing for itself over centuries must he handled with care.

This is how we understand traditional values, and the majority of humanity share and accept our approach. This is understandable, because the traditional societies of the East, Latin America, Africa, and Eurasia form the basis of world civilisation.

Respect for the ways and customs of peoples and civilisations is in everyone’s interest. In fact, this is also in the interest of the “West,” which is quickly becoming a minority in the international arena as it loses its dominance. Of course, the Western minority’s right to its own cultural identity – I want to emphasise this – must be ensured and respected, but, importantly, on an equal footing with the rights of every other nation.

If the Western elites believe they can have their people and their societies embrace what I believe are strange and trendy ideas like dozens of genders or gay pride parades, so be it. Let them do as they please. But they certainly have no right to tell others to follow in their steps.

We see the complicated demographic, political and social processes taking place in Western countries. This is, of course, their own business. Russia does not interfere in such matters and has no intention of doing so. Unlike the West, we mind our own business. But we are hoping that pragmatism will triumph and Russia’s dialogue with the genuine, traditional West, as well as with other coequal development centres, will become a major contribution to the construction of a multipolar world order.

I will add that multipolarity is a real and, actually, the only chance for Europe to restore its political and economic identity. To tell the truth – and this idea is expressed explicitly in Europe today – Europe’s legal capacity is very limited. I tried to put it mildly not to offend anyone.

The world is diverse by nature and Western attempts to squeeze everyone into the same pattern are clearly doomed. Nothing will come out of them.

The conceited aspiration to achieve global supremacy and, essentially, to dictate or preserve leadership by dictate is really reducing the international prestige of the leaders of the Western world, including the United States, and increasing mistrust in their ability to negotiate in general. They say one thing today and another tomorrow; they sign documents and renounce them, they do what they want. There is no stability in anything. How documents are signed, what was discussed, what can we hope for – all this is completely unclear.

Previously, only a few countries dared argue with America and it looked almost sensational, whereas now it has become routine for all manner of states to reject Washington’s unfounded demands despite its continued attempts to exert pressure on everyone. This is a mistaken policy that leads nowhere. But let them, this is also their choice.

I am convinced that the nations of the world will not shut their eyes to a policy of coercion that has discredited itself. Every time the West will have to pay a higher price for its attempts to preserve its hegemony. If I were a Western elite, I would seriously ponder this prospect. As I said, some political scientists and politicians in the United States are already thinking about it.

In the current conditions of intense conflict, I will be direct about certain things. As an independent and distinctive civilization, Russia has never considered and does not consider itself an enemy of the West. Americophobia, Anglophobia, Francophobia, and Germanophobia are the same forms of racism as Russophobia or anti-Semitism, and, incidentally, xenophobia in all its guises.

It is simply necessary to understand clearly that, as I have already said before, two Wests – at least two and maybe more but two at least – the West of traditional, primarily Christian values, freedom, patriotism, great culture and now Islamic values as well – a substantial part of the population in many Western countries follows Islam. This West is close to us in something. We share with it common, even ancient roots. But there is also a different West – aggressive, cosmopolitan, and neocolonial. It is acting as a tool of neoliberal elites. Naturally, Russia will never reconcile itself to the dictates of this West.

In 2000, after I was elected President, I will always remember what I faced: I will remember the price we paid for destroying the den of terrorism in the North Caucasus, which the West almost openly supported at the time. We are all adults here; most of you present in this hall understand what I am talking about. We know that this is exactly what happened in practice: financial, political and information support. We have all lived through it.

What is more, not only did the West actively support terrorists on Russian territory, but in many ways it nurtured this threat. We know this. Nevertheless, after the situation had stabilised, when the main terrorist gangs had been defeated, including thanks to the bravery of the Chechen people, we decided not to turn back, not to play the offended, but to move forward, to build relations even with those who actually acted against us, to establish and develop relations with all who wanted them, based on mutual benefit and respect for one another.

We thought it was in everyone’s interest. Russia, thank God, had survived all the difficulties of that time, stood firm, grew stronger, was able to cope with internal and external terrorism, its economy was preserved, it began to develop, and its defence capability began to improve. We tried to build up relations with the leading countries of the West and with NATO. The message was the same: let us stop being enemies, let us live together as friends, let us engage in dialogue, let us build trust, and, hence, peace. We were absolutely sincere, I want to emphasise that. We clearly understood the complexity of this rapprochement, but we agreed to it.

What did we get in response? In short, we got a ”no“ in all the main areas of possible cooperation. We received an ever-increasing pressure on us and hotbeds of tension near our borders. And what, may I ask, is the purpose of this pressure? What is it? Is it just to practice? Of course not. The goal was to make Russia more vulnerable. The purpose is to turn Russia into a tool to achieve their own geopolitical goals.

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Standaard Discussie 27 oktober 2022

As a matter of fact, this is a universal rule: they try to turn everyone into a tool, in order to use these tools for their own purposes. And those who do not yield to this pressure, who do not want to be such a tool are sanctioned: all sorts of economic restrictions are carried out against them and in relation of them, coups are prepared or where possible carried out and so on. And in the end, if nothing a all can be done, the aim is the same: to destroy them, to wipe them off the political map. But it has not and will never be possible to draft and implement such a scenario with respect to Russia.

What else can I add? Russia is not challenging the Western elites. Russia is simply upholding its right to exist and to develop freely. Importantly, we will not become a new hegemon ourselves. Russia is not suggesting replacing a unipolar world with a bipolar, tripolar or other dominating order, or replacing Western domination with domination from the East, North or South. This would inevitably lead to another impasse.

At this point, I would like to cite the words of the great Russian philosopher Nikolai Danilevsky. He believed that progress did not consist of everyone going in the same direction, as some of our opponents seem to want. This would only result in progress coming to a halt, Danilevsky said. Progress lies in “walking the field that represents humanity’s historical activity, walking in all directions”, he said, adding that no civilisation can take pride in being the height of development.

I am convinced that dictatorship can only be countered through free development of countries and peoples; the degradation of the individual can be set off by the love of a person as a creator; primitive simplification and prohibition can be replaced with the flourishing complexity of culture and tradition.

The significance of today’s historical moment lies in the opportunities for everyone’s democratic and distinct development path, which is opening up before all civilisations, states and integration associations. We believe above all that the new world order must be based on law and right, and must be free, distinctive and fair.

The world economy and trade also need to become fairer and more open. Russia considers the creation of new international financial platforms inevitable; this includes international transactions. These platforms should be above national jurisdictions. They should be secure, depoliticized and automated and should not depend on any single control centre. Is it possible to do this or not? Of course it is possible. This will require a lot of effort. Many countries will have to pool their efforts, but it is possible.

This rules out the possibility of abuse in a new global financial infrastructure. It would make it possible to conduct effective, beneficial and secure international transactions without the dollar or any of the so-called reserve currencies. This is all the more important, now that the dollar is being used as a weapon; the United States, and the West in general, have discredited the institution of international financial reserves. First, they devalued it with inflation in the dollar and euro zones and then they took our gold-and-currency reserves.

The transition to transactions in national currencies will quickly gain momentum. This is inevitable. Of course, it depends on the status of the issuers of these currencies and the state of their economies, but they will be growing stronger, and these transactions are bound to gradually prevail over the others. Such is the logic of a sovereign economic and financial policy in a multipolar world.

Furthermore, new global development centres are already using unmatched technology and research in various fields and can successfully compete with Western transnational companies in many areas.

Clearly, we have a common and very pragmatic interest in free and open scientific and technological exchange. United, we stand to win more than if we act separately. The majority should benefit from these exchanges, not individual super-rich corporations.

How are things going today? If the West is selling medicines or crop seeds to other countries, it tells them to kill their national pharmaceutical industries and selection. In fact, it all comes down to this: its machine tool and equipment supplies destroy the local engineering industry. I realised this back when I served as Prime Minister. Once you open your market to a certain product group, the local manufacturer instantly goes belly up and it is almost impossible for him to raise his head. That’s how they build relationships. That’s how they take over markets and resources, and countries lose their technological and scientific potential. This is not progress; it is enslavement and reducing economies to primitive levels.

Technological development should not increase global inequality, but rather reduce it. This is how Russia has traditionally implemented its foreign technology policy. For example, when we build nuclear power plants in other countries, we create competence centres and train local personnel. We create an industry. We don’t just build a plant, we create an entire industry. In fact, we give other countries a chance to break new ground in their scientific and technological development, reduce inequality, and bring their energy sector to new levels of efficiency and environmental friendliness.

Let me emphasise again that sovereignty and a unique path of development in no way mean isolation or autarky. On the contrary, they are about energetic and mutually beneficial cooperation based on the principles of fairness and equality.

If liberal globalisation is about depersonalising and imposing the Western model on the entire world, integration is, in contrast, about tapping the potential of each civilisation for everyone to benefit. If globalism is dictate – which is what it comes down to eventually, – integration is a team effort to develop common strategies that everyone can benefit from.

In this regard, Russia believes it is important to make wider use of mechanisms for creating large spaces that rely on interaction between neighbouring countries, whose economies and social systems, as well as resource bases and infrastructure, complement each other. In fact, these large spaces form the economic basis of a multipolar world order. Their dialogue gives rise to genuine unity in humanity, which is much more complex, unique and multidimensional than the simplistic ideas professed by some Western masterminds.

Unity among humankind cannot be created by issuing commands such as “do as I do” or “be like us.” It is created with consideration for everyone’s opinion and with a careful approach to the identity of every society and every nation. This is the principle that can underlie long-term cooperation in a multipolar world.

In this regard, it may be worth revising the structure of the United Nations, including its Security Council, to better reflect the world’s diversity. After all, much more will depend on Asia, Africa, and Latin America in tomorrow’s world than is commonly believed today, and this increase in their influence is undoubtedly a positive development.

Let me recall that the Western civilisation is not the only one even in our common Eurasian space. Moreover, the majority of the population is concentrated in the east of Eurasia, where the centres of the oldest human civilisations emerged.

The value and importance of Eurasia lies in the fact that it represents a self-sufficient complex possessing huge resources of all kinds and tremendous opportunities. The more we work on increasing the connectivity of Eurasia and creating new ways and forms of cooperation, the more impressive achievements we make.

The successful performance of the Eurasian Economic Union, the fast growth of the authority and prestige of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, the large-scale One Belt, One Road initiatives, plans for multilateral cooperation in building the North-South transport corridor and many other projects, are the beginning of a new era, new stage in the development of Eurasia. I am confident of this. Integration projects there do not contradict but supplement each other – of course, if they are carried out by neighbouring countries in their own interests rather than introduced by outside forces with the aim of splitting the Eurasian space and turning it into a zone of bloc confrontation.

Europe, the Western extremity of the Greater Eurasia could also become its natural part. But many of its leaders are hampered by the conviction that the Europeans are superior to others, that it is beneath them to take part as equals in undertakings with others. This arrogance prevents them from seeing that they have themselves become a foreign periphery and actually turned into vassals, often without the right to vote.

Colleagues,

The collapse of the Soviet Union upset the equilibrium of the geopolitical forces. The West felt as a winner and declared a unipolar world arrangement, in which only its will, culture and interests had the right to exist.

Now this historical period of boundless Western domination in world affairs is coming to an end. The unipolar world is being relegated into the past. We are at a historical crossroads. We are in for probably the most dangerous, unpredictable and at the same time most important decade since the end of World War II. The West is unable to rule humanity single-handedly and the majority of nations no longer want to put up with this. This is the main contradiction of the new era. To cite a classic, this is a revolutionary situation to some extent – the elites cannot and the people do not want to live like that any longer.

This state of affairs is fraught with global conflicts or a whole chain of conflicts, which poses a threat to humanity, including the West itself. Today’s main historical task is to resolve this contradiction in a way that is constructive and positive.

The change of eras is a painful albeit natural and inevitable process. A future world arrangement is taking shape before our eyes. In this world arrangement, we must listen to everyone, consider every opinion, every nation, society, culture and every system of world outlooks, ideas and religious concepts, without imposing a single truth on anyone. Only on this foundation, understanding our responsibility for the destinies of nations and our planet, shall we create a symphony of human civilisation.

At this point, I would like to finish my remarks with expressing gratitude for the patience that you displayed while listening to them.

Thank you very much.

[Hierna volgt een lang vraaggesprek tussen aanwezigen en Poetin]

Ingeschreven
      Dec 2003
      Post Thanks / Like
      Reputatie Macht

Standaard Discussie 27 oktober 2022

Vertaling

(...)

De huidige ontwikkelingen hebben de milieuproblematiek overschaduwd. Hoe vreemd het ook mag lijken, dit is waar ik het vandaag als eerste over wil hebben. Klimaatverandering staat niet langer bovenaan de agenda. Maar die fundamentele uitdaging is niet verdwenen, het is nog steeds bij ons en het groeit.

(…)

Ik zou graag willen citeren uit Alexander Solzjenitsyns beroemde Harvard Commencement Address, gehouden in 1978. Hij zei dat typerend voor het Westen “een voortdurende blindheid van superioriteit” is – en dat gaat door tot op de dag van vandaag – wat “het geloof bevestigt dat uitgestrekte regio's overal op onze planeet zich moeten ontwikkelen en volwassen worden tot het niveau van de huidige westerse systemen”. Hij zei dit in 1978. Er is niets veranderd.

(…)

Alles wat uit Rusland komt, wordt allemaal gebrandmerkt als 'Kremlin-intriges'. Maar kijk naar jezelf. Zijn we echt zo almachtig? Elke kritiek op onze tegenstanders – welke dan ook – wordt gezien als “Kremlin-intriges”, “de hand van het Kremlin”. Dit is krankzinnig. Waartoe ben je gezonken? Gebruik tenminste je hersens, zeg iets interessants, leg je standpunt conceptueel uit. Je kunt niet plannen van het Kremlin de schuld van alles geven.

(…)

Een directe bedreiging voor het politieke, economische en ideologische monopolie van het Westen ligt in het feit dat de wereld met alternatieve sociale modellen kan komen die effectiever zijn; ik wil dit benadrukken, heden ten dage effectiever, helderder en aantrekkelijker dan de huidige. Deze modellen gaan er zeker komen. Dit is onvermijdelijk. Overigens schrijven ook Amerikaanse politicologen en analisten hierover. Hun regeringen luisteren werkelijk niet naar wat ze zeggen, hoewel ze niet kunnen voorkomen dat deze concepten in politicologische tijdschriften worden gezien en in discussies worden besproken.

(…)

Vroeger durfden maar een paar landen met Amerika in discussie te gaan en zag dat er bijna sensationeel uit, terwijl het nu routine is geworden voor allerlei staten om de ongegronde eisen van Washington af te wijzen, ondanks zijn voortdurende pogingen om iedereen onder druk te zetten. Dit is een verkeerd beleid dat nergens toe leidt. Maar laat ze, ook dit is hun keuze.

(…)

We dachten dat het in ieders belang was. Rusland had, godzijdank, alle moeilijkheden van die tijd overleefd, stond standvastig, werd sterker, was in staat het hoofd te bieden aan intern en extern terrorisme, zijn economie bleef behouden, het begon zich te ontwikkelen en zijn defensievermogen begon te verbeteren. We probeerden relaties op te bouwen met de leidende landen van het Westen en met de NAVO. De boodschap was dezelfde: laten we ophouden vijanden te zijn, laten we samenleven als vrienden, laten we de dialoog aangaan, laten we vertrouwen opbouwen, en dus vrede. We waren absoluut oprecht, dat wil ik benadrukken. We begrepen duidelijk de complexiteit van deze toenadering, maar we stemden ermee in.

Wat kregen we als antwoord? In het kort, we kregen een "nee" op alle belangrijke gebieden van mogelijke samenwerking. We kregen een steeds toenemende druk op ons en broeinesten van spanning nabij onze grenzen. En wat, mag ik vragen, is het doel van deze druk? Wat is het? Is het alleen om te oefenen? Natuurlijk niet. Het doel was om Rusland kwetsbaarder te maken. Het doel is om van Rusland een instrument te maken om hun eigen geopolitieke doelen te bereiken.

In feite is dit een universele regel: ze proberen van iedereen een insttrument te maken, om deze instrumenten voor hun eigen doeleinden te gebruiken. En degenen die niet zwichten voor deze druk, die niet zo'n instrument willen zijn, worden gesanctioneerd: tegen hen en met betrekking tot hen worden allerlei economische restricties uitgevoerd, staatsgrepen worden voorbereid of waar mogelijk uitgevoerd enzovoort. En als er uiteindelijk niets aan gedaan kan worden, is het doel hetzelfde: ze vernietigen, ze van de politieke kaart vegen. Maar het is en zal nooit mogelijk zijn om een dergelijk scenario met betrekking tot Rusland op te stellen en uit te voeren.

(…)

Nu komt er een einde aan deze historische periode van grenzeloze westerse overheersing in wereldaangelegenheden. De unipolaire wereld wordt naar het verleden verbannen. We staan op een historisch kruispunt. We staan voor waarschijnlijk het meest gevaarlijke, onvoorspelbare en tegelijkertijd belangrijkste decennium sinds het einde van de Tweede Wereldoorlog. Het Westen is niet in staat om de mensheid in zijn eentje te regeren en de meerderheid van de naties wil dit niet langer accepteren. Dit is de belangrijkste tegenstelling van het nieuwe tijdperk. Om een klassieker te noemen: dit is tot op zekere hoogte een revolutionaire situatie – de elites kunnen en willen niet langer zo leven.

(…)

De verandering van tijdperken is een pijnlijk, zij het natuurlijk en onvermijdelijk proces. Een toekomstig wereldarrangement krijgt voor onze ogen vorm. In deze wereldordening moeten we naar iedereen luisteren, elke mening, elke natie, samenleving, cultuur en elk systeem van wereldbeschouwingen, ideeën en religieuze concepten overwegen, zonder iemand ook maar één waarheid op te leggen. Alleen op deze basis, met begrip voor onze verantwoordelijkheid voor het lot van naties en onze planeet, zullen we een symfonie van menselijke beschaving creëren.

(…)

+ Plaats Nieuw Onderwerp

Bladwijzers

Bladwijzers

Forum Rechten